Thread: Trade Secrets

Razor is offline Banned
    Everyone post some trade secrets that you do in your diet to tweak, cheat without cheating or anything to make dieting easier for the rest of us. Brainstorm and Im sure we will come up with some great stuff.

Mine
    1. I dont like drinking water, so to get it down I use Mio sweet tea water enhancer, Zero Sugar and Cals
    2. Bread, I only use Ezekiel bread, its a complex carbohydrate and does not spike your glucose and has a decent amount of protien
    3. If I want to cheat, I wake up early pin Peptides (cjc and ghrp-2) in the morning and go do fasted cardio for an hour, then I go eat whatever the fck I want.
    Last edited by Razor; 06-26-2012 at 03:01 AM.

DeadlyD is offline Anabolic Member
    good idea for a thread Razr, I need all the help and secrets I can get!! don't really have any of my own yet!
    I feel ya with the water tho, I get a 4 liter milk jug and put a scoop of bcaa in just to flavor it, and I drink that thru the day.

rasc170 is offline Banned
    As far as cheating goes, I think if you can fit it into your macros it doesnt make any difference on body composition

Razor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rasc170
    As far as cheating goes, I think if you can fit it into your macros it doesnt make any difference on body composition
    A cheat meal for me is 4eggs, 4 pieces of cinnamon roll french toast, bacon and coffee with real sugar. Only way that's fitting into my macros is if I don't eat for the rest of the day and possibly tomorrow ha!

thex95 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Razr. View Post
    Everyone post some trade secrets that you do in your diet to tweak, cheat without cheating or anything to make dieting easier for the rest of us. Brainstorm and Im sure we will come up with some great stuff.

Mine
    1. I dont like drinking water, so to get it down I use Mio sweet tea water enhancer, Zero Sugar and Cals
    2. Bread, I only use Ezekiel bread, its a complex carbohydrate and does not spike your glucose and has a decent amount of protien
    3. If I want to cheat, I wake up early pin Peptides (cjc and ghrp-2) in the morning and go do fasted cardio for an hour, then I go eat whatever the fck I want.
    mio for the win bro! I do the exact same thing so to make me actually want to drink water.

Razor is offline Banned
    You guys suck, no secrets?

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    No secrets. Just consistency, Planning and preparation !
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

DangerDave is offline Associate Member

Lightbulb

don't know how much of a secret this is but here goes. When dieting and watching my carb and especially sodium intake, I always steam everything without salt, sauce etc. but steamed saltless fish, chicken sucks! to overcome this I find that adding a bit of bbq sauce, alchohol or coffee to the water before steaming really adds a bit of flavor making it far more palatable

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    trade secret.......yall and this site

jpowell is offline Banned
    Best thing i have experienced is yams! They r sweet to taste, an a wonderful source of complex carbs. I get the largest i can find lol.

I have been eating dirty for the last cpl (2) weeks wtf evr i want. Lol and lim hating it now!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum

Persistence2012 is offline Junior Member
    I like to consume the equivalent of 2 gallons of tap water in the form of moderately hot water with some cardamom, as I cant stand the taste of the tap water in our community.

In the summer however, I'd restrict to consuming it right in the morning and before bed, which in turn has left me never to feel dehydrated.

Also something similar in nature that I do is I consume all my supp's i.e. protein whey and etc in slightly warm/hot water as once again i cant stand the taste of tap water from here. But the additional advantage to it is that in most cases it ends up tasting like coffee.

Another secret that i totally love to death and would never give out if it weren't already leeched out by some people is walking around semi nude in the house. Of courses, depending on the circumstances, the venture may not be exactly feasible if you have someone else living with you who may not be comfortable with it.

Nonetheless, when your semi nude (personal definition of the term would consist of no clothes except boxers or whatever you like to wear down there), it becomes apparent to you that you've been working towards building something that is not only fantastic and majestically chiselled, but also something that is very beautiful and could be done only with sincere devotion and sacrifice. That in itself is suffice motivation to prevent myself from gross binge/dirty eating.

Scabtree is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Razr. View Post

Mine
    Yep Ezekiel bread is the bomb for sure; I love it

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Another benifit of walking around partialy nude is you are more self aware and have better posture. Most people are inflicted with bad posture and it becomes a habit even if you are in shape. Even when I was in my best shape my chest looked like crap if my posture was not good and I found just by correcting my posture it looks MUCH better. I started sucking in my gut so to speak in grade school once I noticed I was slouching and letting it hang out. After a short time I had a pretty flat stomach by only correcting my form and not allowing it to stick out. I still forget quite frequently but threads like this remind me to correctly my posture even while I am sitting and help in the long run.
    Last edited by lovbyts; 07-01-2012 at 09:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    Another benifit of walking around partialy nude is you are more self aware and have better posture. Most people are inflicted with bad posture and it becomes a habit even if you are in shape. Even when I was in my best shape my chest looked like crap if my posture was not good and I found just by correcting my posture it looks MUCH better. I started sucking in my gut so to speak in grade school once I noticed I was slouching and letting it hand out. After a short time I had a pretty flat stomach by only correcting my for and not allowing it to stick out. I still forget quite frequently but threads like this remind me to correctly my posture even while I am sitting and help in the long run.
    Couldn't have articulated any better myself.

lstbred is offline Senior Member
    For the coffee drinkers, I started using Muscle Milk Lite, choc or vanilla, instead of using the "Starbucks, Java City" choc syrups for my mochas (I have them as a treat) and I bring the cal count from about 600 to under 200. The taste difference is not an issue, it doesnt change that much.

If you really want something that tastes like StarBucks, take some ON whey Mocha Cap. Flavor with milk (hot obviously, just like in ur reg cap.) and taste it. It tastes very similar and BARELY any calories as its a protein shake lol

Infact it has 25mmg of caffeine in it per serving.

Narkissos is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~Diet Guru~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SteM View Post
    No secrets. Just consistency, Planning and preparation !
    Ditto.
    -Corey "Narkissos" Springer

Published Author.
    Owner of :
    Apollo Fitness Barbados etc
    Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by texasmk4
    Nark is like intel, Brilliant inside and awsome outside :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    Here's a little-known-secret, that most people won't tell you: In the sphere of fitness, everything works.
    Every(intelligent)thing works (once aptly and consistently applied)
    It really is that simple.
    This is the perpetual bodybuilding paradigm
    **No Source Checks**
    Contact Me

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Persistence2012 View Post
    Couldn't have articulated any better myself.
    I'm sure you could have if you tried, typically I dont explain things well and after re reading what I wrote I have several spelling errors that make now sense. lol They have been corrected though.

It is something most all of us need to think about. We can hold our stomach or do sitting crunches without even thinking about it after a little practice while sitting at work, in the car or wherever but it's hard to get in a good habit like that. I slip out of it way to often.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    don't expect too much too quick
    don't get impatient
    get into a healthy eating routine at work
    learn to drink water almost always

Thread Information