adam12kyle12 is offline Junior Member

trying to lower bodyfat will eating carbs pwo help or not

35 years old
    190lbs
    5ft 10
    bf 18%

i know its good to eat carbs pwo but i dont finish my workouts til 8pm so since im trying to lower bf will eating carbs that late be a bad idea

haterade is offline Associate Member
    carb timing is a good way to keep bf down.. u def want some kinda carbs pwo to restore the glycogen in the muscle as well as spike your insulin so u can use more of your post workout protein shake.. like some kinda carb shake .. you can refrain from complex carbs.. for me i take a maize shake and then 10-15 minutes later i take my protein shake.. the carb shake is digested quickly so you wont store any...

adam12kyle12 is offline Junior Member
    thanks can i just mix the maize in my protien shake or should i take it seperatly

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by haterade View Post
    carb timing is a good way to keep bf down.. u def want some kinda carbs pwo to restore the glycogen in the muscle as well as spike your insulin so u can use more of your post workout protein shake.. like some kinda carb shake .. you can refrain from complex carbs.. for me i take a maize shake and then 10-15 minutes later i take my protein shake.. the carb shake is digested quickly so you wont store any...
    i suggest u do the opposite of whats suggested above.. pwo = complex carb

insulin spike = inability to mobilize fat into the blood for oxidation.. ur trying to cut (fat).. how u gonna do that if u cant get it off ur belly and into ur blood??? at 18%bf ur primary goal should be reducing bodyfat and maintaining muscle (unless u like having a belly )

id also like to note when trying to cut u do better with less muscle glycogen because ur body uses it before fat for fuel...

haterade is offline Associate Member
    your body uses it so you wont store it.. if you were doing a bodybuilding diet and you were gettin close i would say dont do it.. but at 18% bf you can lose a ton of bf and take supps,, y not try to maintain or make lean gains... to each his own i guess but i would rather diet a few extra weeks and not be so beat from not recovering because i cut everything out of my diet supp regimen.. also spike in insulin for a short while wont make you hold fat.. i used maize up til 6 weeks out for my diet lost a ton of weight while i was taking it pwo..

op what i do is take maize amino blend.. and 10-15 later take protein because it takes your body a few minutes to respond to the maize and raise insulin so u can use more protein.. make sure the maize comes from potatoes and not corn.. the corn shits garbage imo.. eat fibrous carbs at night .. complex carbs earlier in the day ,,

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by haterade View Post
    your body uses it so you wont store it.. if you were doing a bodybuilding diet and you were gettin close i would say dont do it.. but at 18% bf you can lose a ton of bf and take supps,, y not try to maintain or make lean gains... to each his own i guess but i would rather diet a few extra weeks and not be so beat from not recovering because i cut everything out of my diet supp regimen.. also spike in insulin for a short while wont make you hold fat.. i used maize up til 6 weeks out for my diet lost a ton of weight while i was taking it pwo..

op what i do is take maize amino blend.. and 10-15 later take protein because it takes your body a few minutes to respond to the maize and raise insulin so u can use more protein.. make sure the maize comes from potatoes and not corn.. the corn shits garbage imo.. eat fibrous carbs at night .. complex carbs earlier in the day ,,
    that is EXACTLY what insulin will do. make u hold fat. just because u lost fat during a cut does not mean the insulin spike u experienced PWO did not inhibit ur fat loss progress. and u dont need a spike in insulin to utilize PWO nutrition.

the title of this thread is: "trying to lower bodyfat will eating carbs pwo help or not" .. complex carbs are good pwo. insulin spikes are never good for cutting purposes and debatably not good for a bodybuilding diet in general IMO...

and even if what u say is true about insulin not causing u to hold onto fat (which is wrong) how much muscle do u think ur gonna put on from one meal per day?? not worth it.

OP the choice is urs. my .02: stay away from insulin spiking carb sources as best u can while cutting especially. they HALT ur ability to mobilize fat. period. regardless of whether haterade "thinks" it does or not. if u wanna learn more about how to burn fat read "stubborn fat solution" by Lyle MacDonald.. hes a lot smarter than me or haterade and thats where i got my info on fatloss from..

paul606 is offline Junior Member
    Definitely agree with 405. When cutting you want to keep your insulin levels as stable as possible, this is the key to fat loss. I don't even consume simple carbs whilst on a bulk, complex carbs pwo always for me

paul606 is offline Junior Member

Thread Information