musclecarmayham is offline New Member

Diet for the Muscle Obsessed Car Guy

Opening up a thread to get some ideas on a diet program that would allow me to lean bulk, but really to get fairly damn big, but functionally big. I doubt driving a car is fun for Jay Culter or Ronnie with their massive arm-cannons.

I have a number of issues with lean weight gain that I'll list below:

1) Highly Active...Desk Job; I'm on my rear for a good 9 hours a day, so I tend to have to eat while I work. Food prep and mid-day workout is pretty much a "No."
    3) Being a desk job, I sometimes have to compromise on meals because of time and because the execs don't like a lunchbox in the conference rooms.
    3) Asthmatic: Cardio drains all my endurance and I can't lift heavy for strength and size on days where I do a lot of cardio.
    4) Probably an endomorph, but not sure if that's because I just don't run as much.
    5) Beer and BBQ are my bane, I love both of these things, I doubt that they are really that great for me.

Some positives though:

1) I am very aware of the food that I eat, and I attempt to eat healthy.
    2) I drink water like it's my job.
    3) I am currently on an 7 meals per day plan. The plan also includes my whey shake pre-workout protein.

SO yeah... morning and mid-day workouts are just out of the question due to logistics. Can only lift at night during the week; weekends I'm free. I normally eat my dinner; then take a mass-builder shake that's something like 100g protein (4 scoops of Gold Standard Whey); then head to the gym. I was able to gain 10lbs in a month this way, and that wasn't fat, surprisingly.

I'm 5'10" around 196 lbs; was 205 but I cut down a little bit just by changing the diet. My BF is around 15%, still need a good way to check that. Not too much water retention, I sweat profusely all day, even during the coldest day in winter.

I don't have a crazy structured program because...frankly chicken and tilapa all the damn time does not excite me.

Morning Meal 1: Oatmeal & Egg Whites, maybe a tiny bit of fruit. Coffee (deskjockeys need this shiz)
    Morning Meal 2: Fruit (Banana), Whey shake about 30g protein, handful almonds
    Midday Meal 1: Lunchtime, some sort of meat, chicken, beef, pork, fish...fairly big portion, as big as my hand? Veggie;varies, normally broccoli or brocolini. Sometimes I throw in legumes as my carb; sometimes brown rice
    Midday Meal 2: Remainder of lunch, same meal composition; Another 30g of whey if I don't have the time
    Nighttime Meal 1: Dinner, sometimes not as large as lunch, same meal composition
    Nighttime Meal 2: 100gs of whey protein 30min before I lift
    Nighttime Meal 3: Sometimes a post-workout casein

My trouble with this is that I sometimes feel full but I know I probably need to eat more to grow. I don't do a lot of low-weight hyperthropy exercises. I hit a moderately challenging weight then just keep ramping it up for my set until I'm sweating and fatigued...and drink more water. Sometimes I'll plateau and need to call it a night because of low energy, not sure if I need some sort of workout drink to boost me through it. Normally don't by 10pm each night...sleep 7 hrs then up again at 6am.

So feel free to show off your diet plans; I feel like I'm not gaining as much as I did when I started back in November 2011, and I wasn't sticking to this plan back then just eating 3 massive meals each day. I want to be a good solid, svelt240 lb moster in a business suit someday.

Levani is offline Junior Member
    whats your tdee and post your meals in detailed macros like how many grams of prot, carbs and fats do you eat per meal, how many calories per meal.
    you drink to much shakes. whey is PWO not pre! do cardio after lifting.

musclecarmayham is offline New Member
    Working on macros; but I try to go to 210g protein per day as that's 1.5 what I figure is my LBM. Fat and carbs aren't very high; as I noted above, I'd like to lean bulk to gradually trim up my trouble area (stomach). I know you need fat to build, but frankly I'd like to trick my body to using my gut to do that.

As for for whey for PWO, I heard here and in a lot of other articles that you achieve better protein synthesis by having the whey being digested as you exercise as you have a protein source that is immediately being utilitzed to repair the muscle fibers you're breaking as the result of your weight training. I've personally seen better results front-loading my meals before exercise. I have greater sustained work when I don't go into the gym to do fasted weight training. Whey is digested in roughly an hour and a half from what I've read; so since I tend to log about an hour and a half in very focused weight training without big periods of rest the whey has already been digested by my system.

As for "too many shakes"; the trouble is actually having the time to eat a full meal. I can chug a little bit down to keep my metabolism up in less than a minute; whereas if I'm eating a plate-full of something I am looking at 10. Like I said, my work frowns upon you eating in board meetings.

Thread Information