thex95 is offline Senior Member

Gatorade powder?

Just curious what some of the guys on here think about consuming Gatorade powder during work outs? I am currently taking in 10g of BCAA powder with 1/3 portion (1 scoop instead of 3 = 10g of sugar instead of 30) of Gatorade during my workout. I feel awesome when I am working out, tons of energy and good to go through the whole thing. What I am starting to worry about is possible bloating from the sodium. I swear my ass is getting bigger and that is the opposite of what I am going for. So what do you guys think? Take it or avoid it? Here is currently what I am taking for supps-

Morning - 25 g whey protein, 5 g creatine with breakfast
    Pre workout - 200 mg caffeine, 24 mg ephedrine
    Intra workout - 10 g BCAA's 1 tablespoon Gatorade
    Post workout - 50 g whey protein, 80 g maltodextrin, 5 g glutamine, 10 g BCAA's
    Nighttime - 25 g caesien protein, 5 g glutamine

bobjack is offline Associate Member
    you are supplementing a lot of sugar..

I'm no expert but you should drop the Gatorade and Maltodextrin and get some complex carb specially if you are cutting

Papiriqui is offline Productive Member
    Yeah if your cutting stay away from simple carbs, if your doing a clean bulk stay away from simple carbs otherwise use them by all means. You also ingest a lot of shakes my friend!!!

thex95 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Papiriqui View Post
    Yeah if your cutting stay away from simple carbs, if your doing a clean bulk stay away from simple carbs otherwise use them by all means. You also ingest a lot of shakes my friend!!!
    Ya I am def not cutting right now, lean bulk instead. So hopefully the gatorade isnt too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by bobjack View Post
    you are supplementing a lot of sugar..

I'm no expert but you should drop the Gatorade and Maltodextrin and get some complex carb specially if you are cutting
    Maltodextrin is a complex carb

bobjack is offline Associate Member
    i wouldn't consider meltodextrin a complex carb though technically it is, it breaks down about as quick as whole wheat bread

if its the only way you can get them in by all means do it

Papiriqui is offline Productive Member
    I wouldnt use it. Period!! But hey is your diet. Clean bulk is the same thing as a cutting just excess of calories instead!!!

Thread Information