Thread: No More Games

Zona52 is offline New Member

No More Games

Whats up guys, i've been doing a lot of reading on nutrition for this site and wanted some legit advice with all the bull aside.

Ht: 5'11
    Wt: 178 lbs
    BF: 12-13% (few months ago)
    BMR:1,882.815
    TDEE: 3,247.856
    Body Type: Endomorph

I've been training for a good 2 years and have learned a lot about training, but the nutrition is where i'm in trouble. I only know so much and have learned a lot from this site thanks to you guys. I constructed a diet based off of my knowledge and would like you guys to critique and throw me some iron addict advice. I would like to lean out or lean bulk, but i'm not sure on which path to take? I'm sure you all know my struggle, i'm just sick of taking 2 steps forward than 10 back like i'm doing a damn dance.... I created this diet based off of some readings on here and also that post that was thrown up with Milos Sarcev:

I split it to 8 meals a day and train 5-6 days a week/ 3-4 days of low intensity cardio (45 mins)

Protein= 273 g/day
    Carbs= 100g/day
    Fats= roughly 20g/day i keep to a minimum (I usually supplement with Fish Oils)

1)
    -5 eggwhites
    - 2 slices whole wheat bread
    -1 scoop Natty PB
    =33p/43c/10.5f

2)
    -Blended Protein
    =40/10/5

3)
    -4 oz chicken
    -1 cup Broccoli
    =36/7/3.5

4)
    -40g Whey Shake (Preworkout nutrition)

5)Postworkout
    -40g Whey
    -1/2 cup grounded oatmeal

6)
    -5 oz 96% lean ground beef
    -1 cup broccoli
    =35/1.5/16.5

7)5 1/4 oz 97% lean ground turkey
    = 34/0/4.5

8)
    - 3/4 cup cottage cheese
    =21/6/3.75

I try to be as precise as i can, but heres what i've got so far. I've noticed some minor changes within these first few days since i started, but i'm not sure how i should tweak, when to tweak, etc. I can use all the advice and i wont take anything personal if yall think i'm doing this completely wrong. I could use some help though guys, thanks.

Levani is offline Junior Member
    looks g2g except u take too much shakes. i would take shake only pwo. replace shakes with whole foods. eat oatmeal instead of wheat bread.

bobjack is offline Associate Member
    what are you trying to do? post some pics i'm sure some of the guys can tell you if you are ready for a bulk

but i can tell you right now, you need less protein more carbs, alot more fats in your diet

Quote Originally Posted by Levani View Post
    looks g2g except u take too much shakes. i would take shake only pwo. replace shakes with whole foods. eat oatmeal instead of wheat bread.
    No doubt, will do. Anything else?

Quote Originally Posted by bobjack View Post
    what are you trying to do? post some pics i'm sure some of the guys can tell you if you are ready for a bulk

but i can tell you right now, you need less protein more carbs, alot more fats in your diet
    I'm trying to figure that out myself man, thats why i'm here idk if i should bulk right now, lean out, or lean bulk? I'll throw up some pics soon. More carbs and fats? Sorry guys i'm on my cell when i get a chance i can be more thorough.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-1541416951.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	455.8 KB 
ID:	124185

Here's what I got guys sorry if the ink gets in the way, I forgot to say that I've had to take off a few months back because i tore my labrum in my shoulder and am just gettin back in about a month straight now just started this diet 4 days ago.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Well, you gained a little fat in the last few months to the point you are probably 16% but no biggie, we can fix that.

Why 8 meals? That's a big commitment, why not 4,5 or 6?

Drop your protein to 240g max, maybe 220. Carbs could go to 140g split evenly over meals 1 and pre and post workout. And definitely get your fats to about 45g.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Quote Originally Posted by SteM
    Well, you gained a little fat in the last few months to the point you are probably 16% but no biggie, we can fix that.

Why 8 meals? That's a big commitment, why not 4,5 or 6?

Drop your protein to 240g max, maybe 220. Carbs could go to 140g split evenly over meals 1 and pre and post workout. And definitely get your fats to about 45g.
    I chose that many meals because I read about thermogenesis of eating. But I'd gladly space out 5 meals in a day, can you give me some ideas on fats? What about carb cycling? So is my body complete endo or am I a mix of endo and meso? And by increasing the carbs, won't I gain weight because I'm carb sensitive (I'll gain weight just looking at ice cream ?) also why lower the protein?

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Ice cream is not a comparable carb to sweet potatoes. Calories will determine weight gain or loss.

You really don't need more than 1.5g protein per lb of LEAN body weight.

You are definitely not an endo!

In addition to your normal dietary fats - fish oils, seeds, natty Peanut butter.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Quote Originally Posted by SteM
    Ice cream is not a comparable carb to sweet potatoes. Calories will determine weight gain or loss.

You really don't need more than 1.5g protein per lb of LEAN body weight.

You are definitely not an endo!

In addition to your normal dietary fats - fish oils, seeds, natty Peanut butter.
    Thanks SteM, how long should I go on this regiment of 240/140/45? That's another issue brother, I have no idea how to tweak this and when to tweak it? What's your view on cardio for a dude like me?

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by Zona52 View Post
    I chose that many meals because I read about thermogenesis of eating.
    The perceived benefit is hardly worth the effort in trying to follow a relatively unrealistic eating schedule. Eating should be enjoyable, not a chore. There is no increase in metabolism by eating several meals vs. fewer. If you eat 2000 calories (for example), your body has to metabolize 2000 calories - regardless if those 2000 calories came by 3 meals or 8.

But I'd gladly space out 5 meals in a day, can you give me some ideas on fats?
    As far as what - food choices? Personally, I get enough fat just from my food (meats, etc) but I do supplement with fish oil. Otherwise, some healthy fat choices: nuts/nut butters, avacado, oily fish (salmon, bluefish, etc), egg yolk (tons of nutrients), etc. In your case, add some whole eggs to start with. Add a serving of nuts if needed, but you definitely need to get your fat intake up. 20g is dangerously low. I'd go for 45g, at least.

What about carb cycling?
    What about it? Personally, I think it's the best way to drop bodyfat and maintain muscle mass, possibly even add some in the process.

So is my body complete endo or am I a mix of endo and meso?
    Hard to tell from that pic alone. I'd say that you have relatively low muscle mass, and low-moderate bodyfat. If I were you, i'd probably look at lean bulking or doing a recomp.

And by increasing the carbs, won't I gain weight because I'm carb sensitive (I'll gain weight just looking at ice cream ?) also why lower the protein?
    A lot of people think they're 'carb sensitive'. Chances are you're not. You're just eating the wrong stuff at the wrong times. Stem is telling you to drop the protein because it's simply unnecessary; at your LBM, 270g is overkill. You can be getting those calories from another source, and in your case, it should be FAT.

Finally, cardio - i'd do it as often as you can. 5 days a week would be great. Assuming you can only do it once a day (post workout?), mix up HIIT with moderate intensity steady state, at least 30 mins total, 45 would be great.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75

The perceived benefit is hardly worth the effort in trying to follow a relatively unrealistic eating schedule. Eating should be enjoyable, not a chore. There is no increase in metabolism by eating several meals vs. fewer. If you eat 2000 calories (for example), your body has to metabolize 2000 calories - regardless if those 2000 calories came by 3 meals or 8.

As far as what - food choices? Personally, I get enough fat just from my food (meats, etc) but I do supplement with fish oil. Otherwise, some healthy fat choices: nuts/nut butters, avacado, oily fish (salmon, bluefish, etc), egg yolk (tons of nutrients), etc. In your case, add some whole eggs to start with. Add a serving of nuts if needed, but you definitely need to get your fat intake up. 20g is dangerously low. I'd go for 45g, at least.

What about it? Personally, I think it's the best way to drop bodyfat and maintain muscle mass, possibly even add some in the process.

Hard to tell from that pic alone. I'd say that you have relatively low muscle mass, and low-moderate bodyfat. If I were you, i'd probably look at lean bulking or doing a recomp.

A lot of people think they're 'carb sensitive'. Chances are you're not. You're just eating the wrong stuff at the wrong times. Stem is telling you to drop the protein because it's simply unnecessary; at your LBM, 270g is overkill. You can be getting those calories from another source, and in your case, it should be FAT.

Finally, cardio - i'd do it as often as you can. 5 days a week would be great. Assuming you can only do it once a day (post workout?), mix up HIIT with moderate intensity steady state, at least 30 mins total, 45 would be great.

Hope this helps.
    Thanks bro this helps a bunch, what's the difference between a recomp and a lean bulk? I think I lean bulk would be good but I'm not sure how to do so, I want to be lean and big but I also want to have a flat stomach if possible. Should I throw up some more pics?

Thanks bro this helps a bunch, what's the difference between a recomp and a lean bulk? I think I lean bulk would be good but I'm not sure how to do so, I want to be lean and big but I also want to have a flat stomach if possible. Should I throw up some more pics?
    A lean bulk would focus on adding mass but keeping bodyfat gains to an absolute minimum, though you can expect a slight increase. A recomp is a process whereby you slowly add lean mass whilst simultaneously reducing bodyfat. It's a slow process, but often the best in the long run because you don't wind up having to do ridiculously long/intensive bulks or cuts.

If you want to reduce bodyfat from where you're at now, I'd suggest a recomp - but with the emphasis being more on gains. If you're ok with current bodyfat (which won't look as bad once you add more mass) and wouldn't mind adding another couple percentage points, look into lean bulking.

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75

A lean bulk would focus on adding mass but keeping bodyfat gains to an absolute minimum, though you can expect a slight increase. A recomp is a process whereby you slowly add lean mass whilst simultaneously reducing bodyfat. It's a slow process, but often the best in the long run because you don't wind up having to do ridiculously long/intensive bulks or cuts.

If you want to reduce bodyfat from where you're at now, I'd suggest a recomp - but with the emphasis being more on gains. If you're ok with current bodyfat (which won't look as bad once you add more mass) and wouldn't mind adding another couple percentage points, look into lean bulking.
    With a diet of 240/140/45 is leaning more towards a recomp? I think thats the route I'm lookin for right now, I've been on the fat slob side all my life and am looking for a change. If I could I'd want to be strong and bigger/ fuller at about 12% bf.

Are you saying you'd want to recomp rather than lean bulk? Please clarify.

"If you want to reduce bodyfat from where you're at now, I'd suggest a recomp - but with the emphasis being more on gains."
    - yeah man i think the recomp with emphasis on muscle gains is what i'm lookin at can you help me out?

Can you do cardio 2x a day? Ideally, i'd have you doing 45 mins of moderate intensity cardio fasted in the am, and then another 30-45 mins of mixed (HIIT + steady state) cardio PWO later on in the day. However this is a tough schedule, most people can't do it (I can't), so I understand if it's not possible. What time of day do you workout?

i can do it for about a month in a half because its summer time in az before i fo back to the University of Arizona. Usually around 11 am most days except the days i go to school i go around 3pm.

How many days a week of cardio?
    Can you throw me a diet?

I'm going to throw up a few more pics so you can get a better idea of what im working with.
    Last edited by Zona52; 07-03-2012 at 12:15 PM.

Name:	image-450205635.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	499.0 KB 
ID:	124200

Name:	image-38253014.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	504.7 KB 
ID:	124201