Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Nice job man, congrats, too bad it's damn near impossible to stay objective about yourself.

That's amazing progress though whether you want to realize it or not.

Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Sign

mockery is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Hartman View Post
    Nice job man, congrats, too bad it's damn near impossible to stay objective about yourself.

That's amazing progress though whether you want to realize it or not.
    The mental part is teh hardest one to over come, i think now that i see more drug abuse, more GH use and and the truth about synthol abuse. The people and bodies i used for inspiration and goals before were a unreal goal. now i just need to put myself on the right path with realistic and honest perception of myself and everything around me.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by mockery View Post
    The mental part is teh hardest one to over come, i think now that i see more drug abuse, more GH use and and the truth about synthol abuse. The people and bodies i used for inspiration and goals before were a unreal goal. now i just need to put myself on the right path with realistic and honest perception of myself and everything around me.
    WELCOME BACK MOCKERY!!!

Truer words have never been spoken. I was in the same trap you were... comparing my (lack of) physique to people who had superior genetics, used tons of drugs, and had decades more time put in as compared to me.

Now, the only person I'm trying to beat is me, yesterday. I am the only point of reference I have. Glad we're seeing things the same way on this, good luck and keep us posted.

Blog Entries
    A Systematic Review of Dietary Protein During Caloric Restriction in Resistance Trained Lean Athletes: A Case for Higher Intakes

Section: Brief Report
    Authors: Eric R. Helms1, Caryn Zinn2, David S. Rowlands3, Scott R. Brown1
    Affiliations: 1Sport Performance Research in New Zealand (SPRINZ) at AUT Millennium Institute, AUT University, Auckland, New Zealand. 2Human Potential Centre at AUT Millennium Institute, AUT University, Auckland, New Zealand. 3School of Sport and Exercise, Massey University, Wellington, New Zealand.
    Acceptance Date: September 20, 2013
    Abstract
    Caloric restriction occurs when athletes attempt to reduce body fat or make weight. There is evidence that protein needs increase when athletes restrict calories or have low body fat. Purpose: The aims of this review were to evaluate the effects of dietary protein on body composition in energy-restricted resistance-trained athletes and to provide protein recommendations for these athletes. Methods: Database searches were performed from earliest record to July 2013 using the terms protein, and intake, or diet, and weight, or train, or restrict, or energy, or strength, and athlete. Studies (N = 6) needed to use adult (≥ 18 yrs), energy-restricted, resistance-trained (> 6 months) humans of lower body fat (males ≤ 23% and females ≤ 35%) performing resistance training. Protein intake, fat free mass (FFM) and body fat had to be reported. Results: Body fat percentage decreased (0.5% to 6.6%) in all study groups (N = 13) and FFM decreased (0.3 to 2.7kg) in nine of 13. Four groups gained or did not lose FFM. They had the highest body fat, smallest magnitudes of energy restriction or underwent novel resistance training stimuli. Two groups lost non-significant amounts of FFM. The same conditions that existed in the groups that did not lose FFM existed in the first group. These conditions were not present in the second group, but this group consumed the highest protein intake in this review (2.5-2.6g/kg). Conclusions: Protein needs for energy-restricted resistance-trained athletes are likely 2.3-3.1g/kg of FFM scaled upwards with severity of caloric restriction and leanness.

Key Words: body composition, strength training, metabolism, nutrition, strength, sport

Authors: Eric R. Helms

Blog Entries
    Xmas came a week early! yay!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	69 
Size:	678.8 KB 
ID:	147174

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread Information