Unclesam2 is offline Junior Member

Looking for Diet Help, Bulking

Well im looking to start up my cycle about a week before my 26th birthday in late november, and trying to get my diet in line before it begins
    Been lifting for a bit over 3 years now and recently starting to plateau so what else to do but up the cals!

Stats
    6'0
    10-11% bf
    Age 25
    Gonna be running a 12 week Test E for my first ever cycle

put my entire anticipated diet for when my bulk begins on my fitness pal to calculate my macros and this is what I got

Total: Totals 3,555 Carbs 339 Fat 106 Protein 334

Dont have my meals saved though unfortunately

What are your thoughts on this guys? Id consider myself a pretty hard gainer but I believe 3550 cals should be good enough to bulk off of.
    Also what are your thoughts on the macros? Too little carbs, too much fat? any advice to raise carbs up? its always pretty hard for me

All advice will be appreciated!
    Last edited by Unclesam2; 07-12-2012 at 11:09 PM.

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    Id say protein is too high and possibly calories too.

Have you ever stuck to a 3000 calorie diet, eating your meals day in day out? Alot of people call themselves hard gainers but they miss meals and dont follow a plan.

With your stats I would keep Protein between 250 and 275g (300g absolute max).

I would aim for around, 250p, 350c, 70f, that will put you just over 3000 cals and is a good starting point IMO

And I would aim to gain a little LBM between now and the start of the cycle. Stick to a diet and monitor your weight, its the only way to know if your cals are on point

I have been used to eating around 2800~ cals on a bulk and not getting too far with that.
    But what I can do is remove my first meal which is 4 eggs 1 slice cheese 2 wheat bread which macros out to 572 cals 33 carbs 34 fat 35 protein, and replace that with just 1 cup of oats only which would add about 260 cals 62 carbs
    thoughts on that?

3240 cals 368 carbs 60 fat 301 protein

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    Id really look to get protein down to around 250... Honestly the extra carbs will be protein sparing anyway and will be of better use.

Your first idea is good... Would be nice to see a full diet plan write down TBH

When u say ur not getting too far.... What do u mean by 'too far'.... Because I would be looking to gain at most 2lbs per month...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aaa.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	64.5 KB 
ID:	124549

Thats a copy of the diet I made
    the snacks are my 2 protein shakes 1 in the morning/1 post workout

it consists of 2 scoops of protein/ 3/4 cups of oat flower/1.5 cups of milk each

Copurt is offline New Member
    that's a lot of protein your wasting I suggest you aim for 240-260 grams of protein for your weight and BF%, 3200-3400 cal and 80-100 fat daily for 2-3 months. Up your intake as you progress

what about I remove the brekfast eggs and replace it with 1 cup of oatmeal

Thread Information