mockery is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

scales and weight wtf!!

so i took 11 different weights yesterday at the same time, safe to say my scale is ****ed/. so i go out buy a new one, same thing happened but 3 different weights after it turned off, turn on weigh again.. different.

Am i missing something here? I myself do not care so much my kg's progress , but my gf is pretty depressed over it as the new scale says shes 2lbs heavier !! Then i get her to weigh at home fully clothed and again at the gym/. 2.4 lighter .... fml

any pro tips or suggestions to how to fix this, does the surface of teh sale matter etc? i m stumped. Pics of my gf's tits if a working solution is suggested!

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    quit worrying about the scale and go by bf% and mirror!

DeadlyD is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<---
    ^^^^ agree the mirror, how your feel, and how your clothes fit is a better judge then a scale, and your weight will fluctuate so much throughout the day, so the scale is kinda useless. Imo

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    you try explaining that to a woman, but you are right! 110%

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyD View Post
    ^^^^ agree the mirror, how your feel, and how your clothes fit is a better judge then a scale, and your weight will fluctuate so much throughout the day, so the scale is kinda useless. Imo
    we only weigh in first thing in the morning.

SexySweetheart is offline "Decide you want it ƸӜƷ more than your afraid of it"Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Last edited by SexySweetheart; 05-18-2013 at 07:42 PM.

fatman225 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mockery View Post
    so i took 11 different weights yesterday at the same time, safe to say my scale is ****ed/. so i go out buy a new one, same thing happened but 3 different weights after it turned off, turn on weigh again.. different.

Am i missing something here? I myself do not care so much my kg's progress , but my gf is pretty depressed over it as the new scale says shes 2lbs heavier !! Then i get her to weigh at home fully clothed and again at the gym/. 2.4 lighter .... fml

any pro tips or suggestions to how to fix this, does the surface of teh sale matter etc? i m stumped. Pics of my gf's tits if a working solution is suggested!
    As has been said, ignore the scale.

Her weight can vary, due to hormonal reasons and different levels of water in her body.

If you want weight to be tracked, then weigh ONCE a WEEK. Do it in a control state, fasted in the morning, before drinking fluids for example. Make sure the scale is in the same place on the floor.

Also, if you are going by the scale, especially when working with a female, you need to set a line not to cross. Some women become obsessed with "lightness", and this can lead to eating dissorder. So, set an amount to NOT fall under.

The ideal body is NOT the lightest one possible, but what is both healthy, AND "looks" best in the mirror.

One of the hottest women I ever dated weighed around 150 pounds at only 5'6". You would NOT have guessed it looking at her.

Don't bother thanking me with boobs pictures unless there is something specifically wonderful/unique about them.

Blog Entries
    i preach this every day and then seh says she understands then 2 days later back to square one! its ok, ill live!

yes i have her 1 day weigh in bench mark on the morning after her three day depletion. every week.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by fatman225 View Post
    As has been said, ignore the scale.

Her weight can vary, due to hormonal reasons and different levels of water in her body.

If you want weight to be tracked, then weigh ONCE a WEEK. Do it in a control state, fasted in the morning, before drinking fluids for example. Make sure the scale is in the same place on the floor.

Also, if you are going by the scale, especially when working with a female, you need to set a line not to cross. Some women become obsessed with "lightness", and this can lead to eating dissorder. So, set an amount to NOT fall under.

The ideal body is NOT the lightest one possible, but what is both healthy, AND "looks" best in the mirror.

One of the hottest women I ever dated weighed around 150 pounds at only 5'6". You would NOT have guessed it looking at her.

Don't bother thanking me with boobs pictures unless there is something specifically wonderful/unique about them.
    ^^ bingo, well said.

The scale alone is a very poor indicator of progress. You get no differentiation in fat vs. LBM. We need to be concered with the composition of weight loss/gain, not blind weight.

I use the scale as one tool in the tool kit of many. Scale + mirror + fitting of clothes + measurements will give you a pretty accurate snapshot of what's happening with your body.

The bold is the single most important of the 4 IMO.

Thread Information