LiveFitBeFit is offline Just a banned Fat boy!

What's my bodyfat % at?? Pics Included!

Hey guys i'm back again looking to check what ya'll think my bf is at. Any and all criticism is wanted.

I'm 21, 6'1, 190~ lbs

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.jpg 
Views:	283 
Size:	50.2 KB 
ID:	124735

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    look pretty lean from what i can see.. thats a pretty terrible pic IMO. why wouldnt u take one with clothes on so u dont have to cover half ur body up with ur arm and towel?

Sub 10% for sure

ironbeck is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    8%..

Thanks guys.. I thought I would be around the 10% or below range. I honestly don't know why I took the pic like that.. I was getting into the shower and thought about snappin a pic hahaha. But anyways I am always messing around with my diet so i'm looking for something to stick to.

Quote Originally Posted by LiveFitBeFit
    Thanks guys.. I thought I would be around the 10% or below range. I honestly don't know why I took the pic like that.. I was getting into the shower and thought about snappin a pic hahaha. But anyways I am always messing around with my diet so i'm looking for something to stick to.
    May I ask what a typical day diet is for u?

Haha no prob

7am- Wake up, Multi Vit,Fish oil

730am- 1.5 Cup liquid egg whites, 1 cup oats with stevia, 1 scoop dymatize protein, 1 cup coffee.

10am-Pre workout- 8-10oz chicken breast, 7oz sweet potato or 3 slices ezekiel bread 4:9.

1030am-GYM

12-1230- PWO- 1 cup oats, 2 scoops dymatize protein

2pm- 10oz white meat (Chicken,99%Turkey), steamed veggies or spinach salad

430pm- 9-10oz white meat (again), Steamed veggies

730pm- 10oz lean steak ( usually eye of round or london broil ), steam veggies

1030-11pm- .5 Cup liquid egg whites, 1 scoop dymatize casein ( cinnamon bun , 2Tbsp all natty PB: Cooked into a pancake!

11pm- Sleepy time

** Try to keep carbs at 150 or below each day. Sometimes I carb cycle but get weaker when i do and i hate it. Carbs in first 3 meals only.
    I know protein is high and fats are somewhat low, but it works for me i guess!

Anyone else's thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by LiveFitBeFit
    Haha no prob

7am- Wake up, Multi Vit,Fish oil

730am- 1.5 Cup liquid egg whites, 1 cup oats with stevia, 1 scoop dymatize protein, 1 cup coffee.

10am-Pre workout- 8-10oz chicken breast, 7oz sweet potato or 3 slices ezekiel bread 4:9.

1030am-GYM

12-1230- PWO- 1 cup oats, 2 scoops dymatize protein

2pm- 10oz white meat (Chicken,99%Turkey), steamed veggies or spinach salad

430pm- 9-10oz white meat (again), Steamed veggies

730pm- 10oz lean steak ( usually eye of round or london broil ), steam veggies

1030-11pm- .5 Cup liquid egg whites, 1 scoop dymatize casein ( cinnamon bun , 2Tbsp all natty PB: Cooked into a pancake!

11pm- Sleepy time

** Try to keep carbs at 150 or below each day. Sometimes I carb cycle but get weaker when i do and i hate it. Carbs in first 3 meals only.
    I know protein is high and fats are somewhat low, but it works for me i guess!
    Good solid diet !
    Good luck

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Hard to tell from that pic, but 10% would be a stretch - likely leaner.

Persistence2012 is offline Junior Member
    idk where ppl are deducing 8% from, you're about 11-13% as the pic isn't exactly a clear one.

Quote Originally Posted by Persistence2012
    idk where ppl are deducing 8% from, you're about 11-13% as the pic isn't exactly a clear one.
    No he is not above 10%

Later this week I will add another photo of myself it'll be much more clear and a better view. Thanks again guys for the critique. Any other observations or comments would help too! maybe even on my diet about^. That diet is mostly the same each day btw. Besides leg and back day then carbs are bumped to 200grams in 4 meals.

auslifta is offline Retired MONITOR
    I'd have you at high 9 to 10%

jeez to be honest guys I thought that I was like 13-15% before I took these pictures. I really didn't know what I was. Everyone said I was lean but im glad that im lower than I thought

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Why dont u get it chekd?

fatman225 is offline Associate Member
    There are things that can effect how a bodyfat% looks. Skin thickness, a genetic trait can effect this, to some degree.

Now, genetic thick skin is NOT going to give someone love handles and a gut, but it CAN make things hard to tell when the bodyfat is ultra low. You may have a guy who has thick skin who does not look as lean as he really is, and these guys have the most trouble getting the look ready for a BBing competition.

Then on the other hand you may "look" really lean, like 3%, but in fact have a little more bodyfat% than they look like, but genetic thin skin makes things look even better.

So, there is a margin of error due to skin thickness, and I don't know of any way to tell that from a picture.

That is not even including water levels. Holding subQ water or being dry can also have a huge effect on how lean you do or do not look.

I'm not willing to guess your bodyfat% OP. To many factors could have me way off.

I can say from looking at the OP picture, you are very lean and should be proud of sticking to your diet, exact numbers are too hard for me to call looking at a picture, but I can say you look very good.

My current goal is to GET as lean "looking" as you are, whatever actualy bf% that is does not concern me, its just a number.

Haha I should probably get it checked at my gym (La Fitness) since they do have a machine...

Anyways @ Fatman- I used to be nearly 300lbs I swear my last few years of High school, then I started working out and had a poor diet, you can say I sort of had an eating disorder because I was scared of food. I dropped over 100 pounds and got down to my lowest point of 170....Anywho since I was once where u were I am willing to help create a diet for you. I am studying heath sciences and am going to be a dietitian. If you want: Post your diet and I can help ya out brotha!

Thread Information