Dianablah is offline New Member

Protein = Constipation

I have read so many ideas of how much protein to take in while on gear. 1g for every kilogram, 2g per kilogram, 2g per lbm in pounds, 3g per pound, etc. Anyway, I have increased mine to about 1.5 per pound which is about 3.5g per kilogram and now I cannot "go". I am mixing fiber smart with each dose of protein shake. Any recommendations to make me regular? I have tried metmucil also and I think I drink a lot of water daily. Almost a week into dbol and test e, second cycle. Thanks.

tboney is offline Anabolic Member
    This can happen... Increase your water intake. I had this problem until I found protein powder that contained digestive enzymes. That along with increased water intake solved it for me.

Thanks tboney! What powder do you use?

tboney is offline Anabolic Member
    I use dymatize elite. Also make sure that when you use it to mix it with plenty of fluid.... I know some people who try to mix up 1 to 2 servings in 8 ounces of water.. that would give me problems.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Psyllium Husk Fiber

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Wait a minute...I think some may have missed something, you say you mix fibersmart with each shake...how many shakes are you drinking? Drinking more than one shake a day, particularly if any of them have casien in them can cause digestion problems in those who otherwise would be fine at the same protein level if only they were eating whole foods.

Just a thought.

FFM

Drinking more than one shake a day, particularly if any of them have casien in them can cause digestion problems in those who otherwise would be fine at the same protein level if only they were eating whole foods.

Most of it is whey protein and some is casein. However, sometimes I mix the whey with only a few ounces of protein and drink it in 3 swallows if my appetite is low. Does this small water amount in mixing cause constipation even if I drink plenty of water throughout the day?

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    No protein concentrates like whey and particularly casien are much harder to digest than most other proteins. So while water and fiber will help , they will not resolve the problem.

PS yes always use a substantial amount of water with the shake, its a lot easier to keep it liquified in the stomach and intestine as a slurry than it is to add water later and try to break down a slug of glop.

Casein is often used at night because its absorption is slow this is because the shit is barely digestable...by the way icasein is used in the manufacture of glues, food for thought.. LOL
    Last edited by Far from massive; 07-26-2012 at 04:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Far from massive View Post
    iquified in the stomach and intestine as a slurry than it is to add water later and try to break down a slug of glop.
    Good analogy and makes perfect sense. There in lies the problem..

deathdodger is offline Associate Member
    Eat fiber metamucil will work drink plenty of water.

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Quote Originally Posted by Far from massive View Post
    No protein concentrates like whey and particularly casien are much harder to digest than most other proteins. So while water and fiber will help , they will not resolve the problem.

PS yes always use a substantial amount of water with the shake, its a lot easier to keep it liquified in the stomach and intestine as a slurry than it is to add water later and try to break down a slug of glop.

Casein is often used at night because its absorption is slow this is because the shit is barely digestable...by the way icasein is used in the manufacture of glues, food for thought.. LOL
    learn something new everyday! Thx massive!

Jonnyg419 is offline Member
    Just always keep a bottle or jug of water in front of you, and never stop sipping it, I can get down 1.5 gallons easily because i have made drinking water a mindless habit. Everything goes nice and smooth for me down there haha.

Thread Information