sidali is offline New Member

Fat loss diet help needed

Hey I'm new to this forum. It's my first time posting . I'm 21 and I've been weight training for 3 yrs . My height is 5,11 , and I weigh 211 lbs my BF is 18%. I would really appreciate help in creating a diet that's right for losing some body fat , while allowing me to continuing my microcycle bodybuilding routine . I weight train four time a week with an do 15 min HIT cardio PW. Any advice and/or modifications to this will appreciated. I'm looking forward to any posts that can provide solid info
    An recommendations. I'm up for anything!

pasha is offline Associate Member
    welcome brah! Cut down on the carbs.. specially at night, because carbs are a source of energy.. so if you get home from work and eat a big bowl of pasta..sit and hangout at home and sleep.. then you did not need are those carbs.. eat lean at night... the best time for carbs would be in the morning and after your workout.. Just by eliminating unnecessary carbs you should lose weight... when training make sure to do squats and dead lifts not on the same day because those two put too much stress on your body.. give like 2 days apart minimum but those two will transform and define your body.. and they will help you shred some of that fat off!!

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    sidali welcome man!

read sticky: dieting 101:cutting

then put together a diet and post it and well help u sort it out.

ur BMR is 2065cals so id shoot for around 2250cals

Oh great thanks for the great replies. I'm gonna read the sticky now! Yup I always have slow digesting carbs, don't ever try to spike my insulin levels and I have them
    During the day. Will post up the diet

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    sidali welcome man!

read sticky: dieting 101:cutting

then put together a diet and post it and well help u sort it out.

ur BMR is 2065cals so id shoot for around 2250cals

ok so my TDEE is 3200 cals so according to the dieting 101 i should create a diet of around say 2500 cals. my macros should be 250g protein, 250g carbs and 55g fats. im gonna create the diet now and post it up soon

Quote Originally Posted by sidali View Post
    ok so my TDEE is 3200 cals so according to the dieting 101 i should create a diet of around say 2500 cals. my macros should be 250g protein, 250g carbs and 55g fats. im gonna create the diet now and post it up soon
    give it a go man. u may find u will have to reduce cals further than u have them set at. there has been some discussion recently about the inaccuracy of the TDEE formula in the sticky as well as the one i use (KatchMcArdle). cals tend to be set too high.

for example u have around 173lbs LBM, i have around 175lbs LBM. i plan to start my maintenance cals at 2500. ur planning to cut at 2500. see the prob here?

while 2500 may indeed be lower than i need them to maintain i dont think its too low. with a BMR of 2065cals if i were u id start closer to 2250...

one thing i feel pretty confident about is ur TDEE is NOT 3200cals. i ate at 3000 last time i ran maintenance and gained fat over a 2month period (which is why im currently cutting).

oh great man ... ill start at 2250 and plan the diet around there then.. that means

225g protein, 225 g carbs 50g fats. according to the sticky i can change aruound a bit so ill bump up the protein to 250 and have 200g carbs instead..

DIET
    now due to school i can fit in around 4 meals in addition to 2 servings of casein(24g protein) divided between mrn and evening

and my workout shake after gym four times a week (44G protein).

AM
    MEAL 1

1 scoop casein, fat free yoghurt, 1/2 cup uncooked oats - 34g p, 36g c 2.5g f - 380 cals

MEAL 2

banana- 105 cal - 27g c - 1g p - 0g f

2 Eggs 150 cals 12p 10 f
    PM

MEAL 3 - pre workout
    Brown Rice - 1 cup cooked - 218 cal - 46g c - 5g p - 2g f
    2 Chicken breast -300 cal - 0g c -56g p - 6g f
    Broccoli - 1 cup chopped (5oz) - 41 cal -7g c - 4 g p - 0g f

- post workout
    whey shake 4g c 44g p 5g fat 210 cals

MEAL 4
    Brown Rice - 1 cup cooked - 218 cal - 46g c - 5g p - 2g f
    2 chicken breast 300 cal, 56g p 6g f 0 c
    Broccoli - 1 cup chopped (5oz) - 41 cal -7g c - 4 g p - 0g f

snack
    Fish , tilapia (3.5oz) - 128 cal - 0g c - 26g p - 3g f

before sleep
    casein- 24g p, 100 cals

total cal 2191

total 270g protein
    total 173g carbs
    total 39g fat

criticize please.

my grocery shopping can be very linear so i can stick to this.. i love meat, thats why i have it as a snack

not a big fan of yogurt or the banana while cutting but see how u do. u may fare better to drop it down the road as well as ur carbs from 200 down to 150.. but see how u do. i personally had good results (to a point) with 60/20/20 pro/carbs/fat...

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Personally i'd lower the carbs and bump fats a bit. I'd go for AT LEAST 45g of fat/day.

Great ill lose the banana and yoghurt and add a tbsp of peanut butter or 1/4 avocado and one of my meals will be 1/2 cup brown rice instead.

Thread Information