cherryking is offline Junior Member

Protein intake while on cycle?

How much should you increase your protein while on cycle? Say your trying to cut and you have your macros set while natty at 225g carbohydrates 200p protein and 80g of fat while on cycle if your intention was to lean out what would you want to make your intake? Should you just up your protein because protein synthasis is increased with steroids ? Maybe 225c 350p and 80 fats? or do you want to change your carbs and fats as well possibly increasing carbs or decreasing carbs?

cherryking is offline Junior Member
    Bump

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    cherry IMO protein amt depends on LBM. while cycling i would say 2g per lb LBM so if u weigh 200lbs and 10%bf then:

200 x .10 = 20
    200 - 20 = 180
    180 x 2 = 360

360g protein.. hope this helps...

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    your nutritional plan, including protein intake, is independent of whether you decide to cycle or not.

your body actually becomes more efficient with protein intake while on cycle.

i think what you are confusing this with is intensity of your workout. if there is a significant change in your activity level and your TDEE while on cycle, then, of course, you should increase your caloric intake. and since your protein intake is aprox 40% derived from protein, then it will also increase your protein intake.

Shadowmaker is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    cherry IMO protein amt depends on LBM. while cycling i would say 2g per lb LBM so if u weigh 200lbs and 10%bf then:

200 x .10 = 20
    200 - 20 = 180
    180 x 2 = 360

360g protein.. hope this helps...
    its just my opinion but i dont really think that all of that protein gets to be used... i think most of it will be just farted out...
    2g per pound of lean bodymass would mean that i would have to eat like 440-450g of protein... first of all - i would go broke in like 2 weeks and later that month die of starvation
    but i actually tried to increase my protein while on cycle... i usally just stick to 300g cause thats all i can afford and its just, but when i did 400g all the difference i saw was the quantity of farts and medically speaking - if you fart then something is rotting in your intestines...

my idol in this sport :

Protein intake while on cycle?-p1090788_4.jpg

has never done more than 330g of protein(thanks to lack of funds) so i just cant justify farting out money...

if id had unlimited money i think id go higher maybe - you know its like - better shit some out than dont eat enough, but still - 2g per lbs of LBM seems kinda overkill especially if you are tall and your LBM is around 200lbs when being skinny - imagine how much protein that is when you actually get some size?

Tx89 is offline Associate Member
    Well I do agree that insane amounts of Protein are almost never needed and fully utilized, but how can u afford gear and not protein??
    Where I live roids are a hell of a lot more expensive than chickenbreast :-D

Quote Originally Posted by Tx89 View Post
    Well I do agree that insane amounts of Protein are almost never needed and fully utilized, but how can u afford gear and not protein??
    Where I live roids are a hell of a lot more expensive than chickenbreast :-D
    its not that i cant afford... its just that i have limited resources and i just have to chose the most optimal way that is in the middle of everything since there is no reason for buying tons of gear and eating 50g of protein a day, but also - i dont belive that there is a reason for eating 450g of protein and trying to save 20$ for 100 tabs dbol and doin a lousy 4week cycle with 30mg.
    so im basically chosing the amount of protein that is close to the one i see as working good - the best bodybuilder i know, the guy with 20 years of experience in bodybuilding, training and medicine - the dude is in the special forces with all their training and 24hour shifts guarding the president - 20" guns, 5'11 killing machine who can rip your spine out with two fingers - he is the most intimidating human being i can imagine.
    he does huge dosages on roids ofc, but if hes fine with 330g of protein, standing next to him, feeling like a peace of weak and worthless pile of dog-poo i just cant justify eating more than he does while im not even half the size, my dosages are not half the quantity he takes, and i cant even step on stage while hes been winning everything on the way from bodybuilding till strongman and powerlifting - even when cutting and getting ready for a bodybuilding contest the guy takes 1st places in powerlifting.

i know - this is not a real reason to eat or not to eat something, but if i cant afford more, i sure as hell wont spend my last money on extra 100g of protein while i see that ppl dont really need it.

as for prices go - well, i cant afford too much protein and i cant afford 12 week cycles with 3 compounds either... i usually do short and fast cycles - 5 weeks on, 7 weeks off doin basically dbol cause that is the cheapest stuff in here and some cheap test - mostly enth or sust(i know, not the best stuff for short cycles but with a good front-load does the job for the money).
    so, a cycle of dbol and enth for 5 weeks cost around around 2/3 of the money i spend on chickenbreast and whey... doin 1 cycle in 3 months i can barelly pull this one and survive

p.s - if back to the main topic - id do a lil bit more when on cycle... for example - im 230lbs and on cycle i would eat 300g of protein... after my 5 week cycle i would keep the same amount of food for 3 more weeks in hopes of using some "fade away" roids still in my blood and not to cut off all the supply as soon as the cycle ends, but then, for the next month i would go like 250g if on a good day, but i could easely sleep 2-3 hours more in the morning so id had to skip a meal and go as low as 180-200g...

as long as you dont rape yourself in the gym when not on cycle, but just try to keep the gains by trying to keep the weights as they were on cycle(almost never happens but still) you should be ok, cause minimum ir like 1g for 1kg of bodyweight so its like 100g for a 220lbs guy... if you work out with medium intensity and dont kill your muscles, 200g should be more than enough for maintaining size for a 220lbs guy.

digsy1983 is offline Member
    the protein amount is important, but the quality of protein is more important.

protein rating;
    eggs 100
    fish 70
    lean beef 69
    cows milk 60
    brown rice 57
    white rice 56
    etc.
    this the % of the protein you body can use. so the like of white rice you are only using 56% of the full protein conent. so 200g of quality protein is better than 300g of poor quality.

not meaning to preach to the quior but think its an important point that aint been mentioned for anybody thats planning a diet.

Sicko is offline Senior Member
    [QUOTE=Shadowmaker;6119744]its not that i cant afford... its just that i have limited resources and i just have to chose the most optimal way that is in the middle of everything since there is no reason for buying tons of gear and eating 50g of protein a day, but also - i dont belive that there is a reason for eating 450g of protein and trying to save 20$ for 100 tabs dbol and doin a lousy 4week cycle with 30mg.
    so im basically chosing the amount of protein that is close to the one i see as working good - the best bodybuilder i know, the guy with 20 years of experience in bodybuilding, training and medicine - the dude is in the special forces with all their training and 24hour shifts guarding the president - 20" guns, 5'11 killing machine who can rip your spine out with two fingers - he is the most intimidating human being i can imagine.
    he does huge dosages on roids ofc, but if hes fine with 330g of protein, standing next to him, feeling like a peace of weak and worthless pile of dog-poo i just cant justify eating more than he does while im not even half the size, my dosages are not half the quantity he takes, and i cant even step on stage while hes been winning everything on the way from bodybuilding till strongman and powerlifting - even when cutting and getting ready for a bodybuilding contest the guy takes 1st places in powerlifting.

somebody has quite the man crush...ehehehhehheh....

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmaker View Post
    its just my opinion but i dont really think that all of that protein gets to be used... i think most of it will be just farted out...
    2g per pound of lean bodymass would mean that i would have to eat like 440-450g of protein... first of all - i would go broke in like 2 weeks and later that month die of starvation
    but i actually tried to increase my protein while on cycle... i usally just stick to 300g cause thats all i can afford and its just, but when i did 400g all the difference i saw was the quantity of farts and medically speaking - if you fart then something is rotting in your intestines...

my idol in this sport :

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1090788_4.jpg 
Views:	840 
Size:	147.9 KB 
ID:	125583

has never done more than 330g of protein(thanks to lack of funds) so i just cant justify farting out money...

if id had unlimited money i think id go higher maybe - you know its like - better shit some out than dont eat enough, but still - 2g per lbs of LBM seems kinda overkill especially if you are tall and your LBM is around 200lbs when being skinny - imagine how much protein that is when you actually get some size?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmaker View Post
    its not that i cant afford... its just that i have limited resources and i just have to chose the most optimal way that is in the middle of everything since there is no reason for buying tons of gear and eating 50g of protein a day, but also - i dont belive that there is a reason for eating 450g of protein and trying to save 20$ for 100 tabs dbol and doin a lousy 4week cycle with 30mg.

i know - this is not a real reason to eat or not to eat something, but if i cant afford more, i sure as hell wont spend my last money on extra 100g of protein while i see that ppl dont really need it.

as for prices go - well, i cant afford too much protein and i cant afford 12 week cycles with 3 compounds either... i usually do short and fast cycles - 5 weeks on, 7 weeks off doin basically dbol cause that is the cheapest stuff in here and some cheap test - mostly enth or sust(i know, not the best stuff for short cycles but with a good front-load does the job for the money).
    so, a cycle of dbol and enth for 5 weeks cost around around 2/3 of the money i spend on chickenbreast and whey... doin 1 cycle in 3 months i can barelly pull this one and survive
    1. shadow were all entitled to our opinions. which one is it tho would u eat more if u could or do u think 2g per lb LBM is too much?

2. im surprised ur buddy who guards the president cant afford more than 330g protein per day. seems like theyd pay those guys more.

3. if at 2g per lb LBM ud need 450g protein per day (which means u have 225 lbs LBM) and ur only half the size of ur buddy then he has 450lbs LBM??? thats a pretty big fella!

gearbox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Gb has said it a million times. Everyones bodies work differently. I know dudes that have ripped abs and eat mcdonalds often. Everyone is different goes to protein and carb intake also. You need to learn what works for.you

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    1. shadow were all entitled to our opinions. which one is it tho would u eat more if u could or do u think 2g per lb LBM is too much?

2. im surprised ur buddy who guards the president cant afford more than 330g protein per day. seems like theyd pay those guys more.

3. if at 2g per lb LBM ud need 450g protein per day (which means u have 225 lbs LBM) and ur only half the size of ur buddy then he has 450lbs LBM??? thats a pretty big fella!
    1)i think 2g per lbm is too much but if id had unlimited money i would throw in some fish or beef as a snack and extra protein.
    i gues i miscalculated a bit since we dont use that "lbs" stuff so i have to google it all the time and re-calculate it from kilograms. anyway, the idea is that my lean bodymass is at least 205-210lbs so thats 410-420g of protein, so it doesnt really matter at this point - few grams here or there.
    2)the president in here gets the same money that is considered average salary in us... army doesnt get squat - best guys get up to 800 bucks a month if lucky and that is actually pretty good money in comparison to other professions.
    3)i was trying to paint a picture not really calculating how many times someone is bigger... i think in english you dont do that stuff so that might be the reason why sometimes ppl get me wrong, anyway, in my language that kind of exaggerations are understood and just because i would say "this was a shitty day" no one would really think that i had to deal with real poop or stuff... i gues this doesnt work well in english so ill keep an eye on what im writing(as ive said millions of times, english is just my third language so i suck).

^^ i got it man i was just screwing with you! LOL

JWP806 is offline Senior Member
    Where do you live?

Thread Information