jacobk91 is offline Junior Member

possible to gain fat while eating under maintainance?

.I'm asking because I'm planning a big cheat day coming up, for psychological reasons. I've been on a pretty long cut. Ill be eating under maintainence but most of it will be coming from fatty foods like fried chicken and sugar. So is it possible to put on fat while eating under maintainenc if it comes from crap?

Razor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jacobk91
    .I'm asking because I'm planning a big cheat day coming up, for psychological reasons. I've been on a pretty long cut. Ill be eating under maintainence but most of it will be coming from fatty foods like fried chicken and sugar. So is it possible to put on fat while eating under maintainenc if it comes from crap?
    If I need a cheat day and I know it's gonna be a bad one I do as much fasted cardio in the AM before the fatty foods start coming in, that way you are way in the negative before you start eating junk food

I'm still gonna be eating under maintainence, I calculated out everything. My question is just whether its possible to gain fat while eating under maintainanence if ur eating crap.

calstate23 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jacobk91 View Post
    Yeah..It's called skinny fat..When eating under maintenance without adequate protein your body will sacrifice muscle tissue over fat. Meaning the weight you are dropping is muscle and water..

I think I kind of misread that...One cheat day ain't gonna kill you. Eat what you want. As long as you go back on your diet ain't a big deal

Quote Originally Posted by calstate23 View Post
    Yeah..It's called skinny fat..When eating under maintenance without adequate protein your body will sacrifice muscle tissue over fat. Meaning the weight you are dropping is muscle and water..
    ya but its just for one day, a cheat day. i will still be getting 1 gram of protien per lb of bw. gonna be eating a lot of fried chicken

I think I kind of misread that...One cheat day ain't gonna kill you. Eat what you want. As long as you go back on your diet ain't a big deal
    alright ya thanks thats what i thought.

ya but its just for one day, a cheat day. i will still be getting 1 gram of protien per lb of bw. gonna be eating a lot of fried chicken
    Yeah, I just posted again before you posted this...Ain't a big deal if it's just one day. Enjoy!

digsy1983 is offline Member
    I'd noticed that when I'd have a cheat meal that was high in fat I would feel terrible due to bloating and it lasted for ages aswel cos of the slow digestion of fat. I now go more for higher carbs meals than fatty foods, but if fried chicken is calling have fun! Also any weight you put on after you cheat meal comes off pretty fast, so dont panic if you see an extra 3lbs on the scales. Happy cheating!!

Shadowmaker is offline Banned
    pfff 1 day... i've been doin cheat weekends for a long time together with my gf... doesnt really change much...
    actually, you cant get fat in 1 day, 2 days, 3 days or 5 days... getting fat happens when you live shit lifestyle for months and years...

of you are getting ready for a show and wanna win lots of money - then yeah, but for Average Joe - dont let you diet and bodybuilding take away anything from your life cause you live only once.
    never allow yourself to feel miserable just because you want some muscle or some abs.

fatman225 is offline Associate Member
    Exactly.

I've been on a LONG cut for the better part of the last 6 months.

I'm not 100% convinced that I physiologically need a cheat day, as I take in some carbs each day, BUT I do need it for mental health reasons.

My favorite is sushi, or even something like cookies. I like to actually EAT what I am craving, and eat a good amount of it, enough to feel very full.

The trick is that my cheating window is short only 5 hours, so there is a limit to the damage that can be done.

I'm down over 40 pounds from my start now, and am starting to be able to feel where my top abs will be showing up. This is from someone who was obese only 6 months ago.

Yes, cheat meals have been part of the fat loss. I'm not sold on the physiologic need yet, but the mental part is very practical. You won't kill your diet with short time frame over-feedings, that are infrequent.

Shadowmaker is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fatman225 View Post
    my cheating window is short only 5 hours, so there is a limit to the damage that can be done.
    there will be no dmg... anyway, Christian Boeving does 4 hour windows each week, check this out :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHf-B...ure=plpp_video
    (hope the link will work).

anyway - you are a human being and live in 21st century - dont live like a slave in the medieval times... enjoy live... dont get fat but dont be miserable - find a good balance in your life...

have fun on your cheat day dude... im 100% sure you will not do ANY damage to your progress and goals... some water retention will make you bloated but it is just an illusion so dont get freaked out

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    i think the question is can OP pick up fat while on a calorie deficit?

I think the answer is that if on a calorie deficit, one would NOT pick up fat, as that would be an indication he is on a calorie surplus.

Or did i miss something?

Tx89 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman

i think the question is can OP pick up fat while on a calorie deficit?

I think the answer is that if on a calorie deficit, one would NOT pick up fat, as that would be an indication he is on a calorie surplus.

Or did i miss something?
    Yeah man, right! What would be possible is an increase in bodyfat percentage due to fatmass Staying the Same and lbm decreasing.
    Of course shouldnt happen with any Decent and intense routine and intelligent Food choices, but ive seen it Happen....the route so skinny fatness

Thanks for the replies guys. You have put my mind at ease! Fried chicken is calling, now I'm going to kfc!

Thread Information