Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Razor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mockery
    use 1 whole egg

id probably use that ratio for 1 kg only so 2.2 lbs , maybe 15 turns on the pepper grinder . dried rosemary probably be better then fresh Italian parsley or fresh basil. even a healthy big spoon of seeded mustard into the mix. turkey misc is a hit a miss thing to flavor. im a chef and a lot of my at home burgers tasted like shit.
    I don't think 1 whole egg would have made this taste any difference;( any other suggestions?

milky01623 is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor

I don't think 1 whole egg would have made this taste any difference;( any other suggestions?
    This is what I do
    500g ground beef
    Handful dried mixed herbs
    2 whole beaten eggs
    Ground oats (just enough to bind it together)

Mix it all together put it in the fridge 30-60 mins
    Wet hands and make 5 equal burgers/patties and grill until cooked

Tasty snacks!!!!

Italian style cottage pie

500g ground beef
    Oregano
    3 sweet pots
    100g quark
    Sugar free tomato ketchup

Fry off the beef in its own fat
    Once cooked drain it then add herbs and ketchup to taste and season with salt and pepper you could add fresh toms here cook on low for about 20-30 mins
    Peel and boil sweet pots until soft drain and put back in the pan mash and add quark stir together
    Now get an oven proof dish and put the beef mixture on the bottom level it out and then spread out the potato mixture on top covering the beef
    Bake on medium for 30-45 mins then put it under a grill to crisp up the top and serve with fresh green salad or veggies

951thompson is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<---

only 5g fat in an entire tub of cream cheese?? how big is the tub? what kind of gravy powder? it really doesnt sound very appetizing..
    I only fry it in a little oil, the cheese I use is Philadelphia lighter then light cream cheese, don't know it you get that in the states?
    The pate is nice, it tastes really beefy ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by milky01623

This is what I do
    500g ground beef
    Handful dried mixed herbs
    2 whole beaten eggs
    Ground oats (just enough to bind it together)

Mix it all together put it in the fridge 30-60 mins
    Wet hands and make 5 equal burgers/patties and grill until cooked

Tasty snacks!!!!

Italian style cottage pie

500g ground beef
    Oregano
    3 sweet pots
    100g quark
    Sugar free tomato ketchup

Fry off the beef in its own fat
    Once cooked drain it then add herbs and ketchup to taste and season with salt and pepper you could add fresh toms here cook on low for about 20-30 mins
    Peel and boil sweet pots until soft drain and put back in the pan mash and add quark stir together
    Now get an oven proof dish and put the beef mixture on the bottom level it out and then spread out the potato mixture on top covering the beef
    Bake on medium for 30-45 mins then put it under a grill to crisp up the top and serve with fresh green salad or veggies
    This is my burger recipe-

Chilli burger

To some ground beef add some chilli flakes to your taste, I add alot because I like it hot ;-) then add half a teaspoon of cinnamon powder, half a teaspoon of ginger powder and two chopped cloves of garlic ( you could use garlic powder) next mix it all up, roll it up into burger shapes, grill those babies, serve in a wholemeal bread roll will some low fat cream cheese spread on top ;-)

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor View Post
    Ok 405 I just made this turkey burger recipe and thought it was going to be good, and it tastes like crap...so again i am dissapointed with bodybuidling food.

And I cooked a backed potato at 45 minutes at 550 degrees and it still didnt cook I had to microwave it twice after just to get some of the parts soft, even then it still was not cooked enough on the inner part...What am I doing wrong with this stuff?
    LOL i microwave my sweet potatoes. heres a good thing i enjoy and works with every kind of potato:

chop potato into cubes about 1" (leave skin on) and put in a big bowl. sprinkle/drizzle olive oil over them and then toss the potatoes around to evenly coat them with the oil. (bear in mind i do this mainly for cheat meals) once u get them thinly coated with olive oil put salt, pepper, thyme, rosemary all over em (or whatever spice u like).

then get a cookie sheet and spray with non stick spray and spread the potato cubes over the cookie sheet forming one single layer. bake in the oven until they turn golden brown. (this usually takes like an hour and sometimes a little more). *make sure u keep the oven light on and chek em periodically.

id set the oven at 400degrees fahrenheit

these are awesome! i usually have this with corn on the cob and 2 grilled chikn breasts (bone-in skin-on)..

Quote Originally Posted by 951thompson

This is my burger recipe-

Chilli burger

To some ground beef add some chilli flakes to your taste, I add alot because I like it hot ;-) then add half a teaspoon of cinnamon powder, half a teaspoon of ginger powder and two chopped cloves of garlic ( you could use garlic powder) next mix it all up, roll it up into burger shapes, grill those babies, serve in a wholemeal bread roll will some low fat cream cheese spread on top ;-)
    Home made protein bars

Add 300g of oats to a container to this 200g of why protein powder, a table spoon of peanut butter, 2 tablespoons of no sugar syrup, 6 egg whites, mix together, then add mix to a baking try smoothly out the mixture so it's around two centermeters thick, next refrigerate for a few hours. Now your protein bars are ready, they should be rock hard,cut them up into the shape of your choice

mockery is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    its about the volume of liquid in the ground turkey to make it taste better do to consistency of solids to liquids.

Blog Entries
    cook everything in pork fat,

Quote Originally Posted by mockery View Post
    cook everything in pork fat,
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMM pork fat! now thats a tasty thing!

SEOINAGE is offline Anabolic Member
    I have been using lard or pork fat of some sort for a large portion of my food, of course i still use a lot of coconut oil and olive oil.

As for potatoes, sweet potatoes I always do in the oven if I have time they turn out better. White potatoes I don't eat anymore, but razr you just have to leave them in a long time. Also wrap in aluminum foil if you want the skins to stay soft.

Blog Entries
    buy "rock salt" put the rock salt on the baking tray and cook the poatoes on there. it will help draw out moinsture from the potato save the salt and repeat every day

Razor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SEOINAGE View Post
    I have been using lard or pork fat of some sort for a large portion of my food, of course i still use a lot of coconut oil and olive oil.

As for potatoes, sweet potatoes I always do in the oven if I have time they turn out better. White potatoes I don't eat anymore, but razr you just have to leave them in a long time. Also wrap in aluminum foil if you want the skins to stay soft.
    50minutes is not enough time? I do the aluminum foil thing. How long at what degrees heat do you cook yours at? I was thinking about putting them in the microwave for a few minutes to sofen them up, then putting them in the oven to let the cook

buy "rock salt" put the rock salt on the baking tray and cook the poatoes on there. it will help draw out moinsture from the potato save the salt and repeat every day
    Were do you get rock salt?

50minutes is not enough time? I do the aluminum foil thing. How long at what degrees heat do you cook yours at? I was thinking about putting them in the microwave for a few minutes to sofen them up, then putting them in the oven to let the cook

Were do you get rock salt?
    grocery store man! i guess uve never made homemade ice cream!? somethin u need to look into for sure!!!

Blog Entries
    razor can i be your brofriend, ill cook for you and u can get a fourth job and support my gear and comic book addiction

Razor is offline Banned

grocery store man! i guess uve never made homemade ice cream!? somethin u need to look into for sure!!!
    Ok I'm here now I see the ice cream salt..buying it I almost bought kosher salt instead.thx!

Imalso looking for coconut cream..where is that?

Blog Entries
    Ok I'm here now I see the ice cream salt..buying it I almost bought kosher salt instead.thx!

Imalso looking for coconut cream..where is that?
    asian isle in canada, or ethnic isle

Blog Entries
    asian isle in canada, or ethnic isle
    i think k0sher salt works too, you just want big thick chunks of salt.

Razor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mockery

i think k0sher salt works too, you just want big thick chunks of salt.
    I found it. I need coconut cream..I see coconut oil and milk but no creame...

Razor is offline Banned
    Found it. Cream of coconut! !

Razor is offline Banned
    Bet a fellow BB in line who was buying sweet potatoes. he said he boils them in water and mashes them up..works great! So i am gonna try this from now on

^^ sweet potato: poke holes in it all over with fork, wrap with saran wrap, microwave for 2.5mins, flip, microwave for another 2mins.. check. (should be done)

the saran wrap will keep it moist if u dont eat it rite away>>

Razor is offline Banned
    You tried boling in water?

nah. no need. ^^

Razor is offline Banned
    nah. no need. ^^
    I don't like microwaving stuff that much, changes the molecules

Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    i don't like microwaving stuff that much, changes the molecules
    lol...

Razor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    lol...
    I just boiled two sweet potatoes!!! Worked great, try it!!
    bring water to boil, add a touch of salt and 30 minutes, presto!!!

Blog Entries
    deep fry them and mash them up , yum!

Razor is offline Banned
    deep fry them and mash them up , yum!
    cant fit that into my macros or i would!

^^ dont think ive had a sweet pot in 2 months

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Nark logged on last night, true story
    Pretty sure it was last night that Nark was stuck in something of a monsoon... couldn't get to his house, probably bored out of his mind and logged on.

LOL thats funny!.. i posted the blueberry pancake one in the diet section. im sure well prob hear about this from GB when he comes in
    Nah... I mean, it would be better in the recipe section, but I don't care... unless you want it moved? Let me know.

Re: the blueberry pancake recipe - I posted my variation right under yours in the recipe section.

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Nah... I mean, it would be better in the recipe section, but I don't care... unless you want it moved? Let me know.

Re: the blueberry pancake recipe - I posted my variation right under yours in the recipe section.
    gonna chek it out. also i need to find ur protein shake recipe now that im bulking to try it out with the coffee and ice and stuff..

oh yeh i remembered i posted something in ur ask anything thread id like u to chek out when u have the time post#1064

Razor is offline Banned
    LOL thats funny!.. i posted the blueberry pancake one in the diet section. im sure well prob hear about this from GB when he comes in

heres one:
    Oat pancake recipe + blueberries + whatever else makes it in here
    these are awesome and make dieting a lot easier. i eat the entire recipe at one time.

Blueberry OAt Pancakes:
    681cals, 57g pro, 88g carbs, 12g fat

140g frozen blueberries (i think the frozen work better and taste better, my opinion only )
    1Cup liquid egg whites ( real egg whites from 7 large eggs is also acceptable)
    1Cup oats
    1Cup cottage cheese(2% 234g)

1. put blueberries into microwave on defrost for 2mins (give or take depending on ur microwave)

2. take oats and put into food processor and blend until powder.

3. add cottage cheese & egg whites to the oats and blend again until smoothe like pancake batter

4. stir in blueberries until mixed fairly evenly (thats stir by hand u dont wanna blend them! )

5. cook like a regular pancake. i prefer mine smaller about 3" in diameter. makes about 16..

ive tried many sugar free syrups and the one i find to tast the best is Ms butterworths sugar free..

enjoy!

p.s. i wont take credit for these i got this recipe from slimmer me and just added blueberries in. id also like to note theyre pretty good with strawberries and bananas! (and walnuts)
    how many cups is 140g blueberries, making this right now.

Razor is offline Banned
    These are freaken delicious!

Blog Entries
    how many cups is 140g blueberries, making this right now.
    get some scales mate, cups are not a good source of weighing things. for cooking, baking or portion control.

Blog Entries
    Ive modified the recipe. i add the extra protein in and flax, then i make the batter. then i just drink that shit! mockery's modified blueberry pancake shake 2.0

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Pretty sure it was last night that Nark was stuck in something of a monsoon... couldn't get to his house, probably bored out of his mind and logged on.
    he posted in far from massives thread so i just assumed maybe he trains him?

Razor is offline Banned
    Ive modified the recipe. i add the extra protein in and flax, then i make the batter. then i just drink that shit! mockery's modified blueberry pancake shake 2.0
    i thought bout adding protein but every time i have done that makes it taste nasty. ill just drink a shake with the meal. same thing

Blog Entries
    i thought bout adding protein but every time i have done that makes it taste nasty. ill just drink a shake with the meal. same thing
    i buy plain whey iso and then throw in some vanilla beans into the powder to flavor it and it taste better then anything and no sugar or sweetener added for that .

pro tip

u can thank me later

Razor is offline Banned
    i buy plain whey iso and then throw in some vanilla beans into the powder to flavor it and it taste better then anything and no sugar or sweetener added for that .

pro tip

u can thank me later
    Man you rock!! Were do I get vanilla beans and what brand is the whey iso?
    Do you have to grind the vanilla beans?

Blog Entries
    its a no name brand from a friend at the warehouse

vanillabeans from a specialty food store id assume down there. most grocery stores wont carry them. they are espensive

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information