951thompson is offline Senior Member

cutting calories during PCT

I know you should keep your calories high during PCT. But how high? With the reduction in hart rate is it wise to cut your calories a few hundred? Im currently eating at 700 cal surplus. Would reducing my calories to a 300 surplus be wise or even cut to maintenance? I want to limit fat gains.

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by 951thompson View Post
    I know you should keep your calories high during PCT. But how high? With the reduction in hart rate is it wise to cut your calories a few hundred? Im currently eating at 700 cal surplus. Would reducing my calories to a 300 surplus be wise or even cut to maintenance? I want to limit fat gains.

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.
    what do u mean by "the reduction of heart rate"???

from my limited understanding during PCT cals should at least be kept the same if not increased.. ur body is recovering from the cycle and trying to restart natty test production. ur also trying to establish ur newly gained muscle. prob not a good time to cut cals. this IMO is a good example of why u wanna start a cycle very lean. bodyfat should not come into play which is the only reason i can see one would consider cutting cals.

just my opinion

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    I'd keep my calories the same as on-cycle if I were you, possibly even bump protein a bit. You need to try and maintain an anabolic environment as much as possible, cutting calories will not help in any way.

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    Good post Gbrice. you need to eat to maintain gains. Also a caloric deficit is not ideal for hpta recovery.

My thinking was that once the steroids ware off that maybe my calories would be to high and maybe make me fat lol excuse my inexperience, im a noob to steroids, first cycle. I was planning on cutting straight after my cycle but I've been informed that this is a bad idea, so im now planning on leaving my cut til after Christmas. Damn it im feeling fat tho, im dying to start cutting.

Thanks for the advice guys, I will keep my calories high though PCT as you advise.

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    I followed this from marcus.

Seems to work well and pretty easy to follow. But, cutting of any form even close to end of cycle will not be a good idea. I waited near 6 weeks post PCT before I started a 500 cal deficit. Six weeks seems a pretty standard wait from what I read everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by < <Samson> >
    I followed this from marcus.

Seems to work well and pretty easy to follow. But, cutting of any form even close to end of cycle will not be a good idea. I waited near 6 weeks post PCT before I started a 500 cal deficit. Six weeks seems a pretty standard wait from what I read everywhere.
    Thanks for that man, was a good read, very informative.
    I've still got 6 weeks left on my cycle. Then my plan is to do PCT for 6 weeks, so I guess im looking at starting my cut in January.

Thanks again

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    Also if your diet is well planned and followed you shouldn't really need an immediate cut after cycle. This of course did not apply to me since I used the see-food diet which blew me up like a hot air balloon.

Quote Originally Posted by < <Samson> >
    Also if your diet is well planned and followed you shouldn't really need an immediate cut after cycle. This of course did not apply to me since I used the see-food diet which blew me up like a hot air balloon.
    Haha see food eat it diet, ha like it. My diet is fairly clean, most of the time. I've cut bread out of my diet so it's now fairly clean. Thing is my ambition is to get down to 7% bodyfat, as long as I reach my goal by next summer im cool.

Think im gonna start bulking every winter, cutting every spring/summer

MR-FQ320 is offline This means war!
    Look into clen in PCT also, it will help burn extra calories off and keep you from going catabolic

Quote Originally Posted by MR-FQ320
    Look into clen in PCT also, it will help burn extra calories off and keep you from going catabolic
    What is clen ? Is it a supplement? I will google it, thanks.

Clen sounds cool, so if I use clen after PCT then cut straight away, would the clen stop me from losing my gains?

fatman225 is offline Associate Member
    I would suggest eating right around your maintenance when on PCT.

Don't think it would help to be in a surplus, other than gain fat.

Also don't think a harsh deficit is good in PCT, because that is another stressor and your body is already in a stressed state getting itself up and running again.

Quote Originally Posted by 951thompson View Post
    Clen sounds cool, so if I use clen after PCT then cut straight away, would the clen stop me from losing my gains?
    Use clen during PCT and afterwards, it will help maintain gains while eating over maintenance calories all the while keeping fat off, but its not magic.

Quote Originally Posted by fatman225
    I would suggest eating right around your maintenance when on PCT.

Don't think it would help to be in a surplus, other than gain fat.

Also don't think a harsh deficit is good in PCT, because that is another stressor and your body is already in a stressed state getting itself up and running again.
    This is a different opinion from others, interesting, think im gonna have to play it by eye. Im gonna keep my calories the same, then if I notice some fat gain I will reduce.

Thanks for your opinion :-)

Use clen during PCT and afterwards, it will help maintain gains while eating over maintenance calories all the while keeping fat off, but its not magic.
    I like the sound of clen , I might give a go after xmas when I cut.

Thanks

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    I would incorporate complete carbs and more protein

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Clen is known to have muscle sparing properties during a cut (which clen is primarily used for), so clen during PCT wouldn't be a bad idea in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75
    Clen is known to have muscle sparing properties during a cut (which clen is primarily used for), so clen during PCT wouldn't be a bad idea in that regard.
    Clen sounds cool, im thinking of trying it when I cut for its muscle sparing qualities. Clens sides don't sound too desirable tho lol

^^^^^^^^ Start low and build up slowly to find your optimum dosage its kind of a trade off between effect and sides, do 2 weeks on 1 week off.

We have been trying to tell you to use NOW, in PCT ! btw

^^^^^^^^ Start low and build up slowly to find your optimum dosage its kind of a trade off between effect and sides, do 2 weeks on 1 week off.

Yeah I know I understand what you guys are saying, but im just gonna do normal PCT
    As it will cost me £35, im abit skint at the mo so will just have to do with what I've got.

Thanks for your advice.

^^^ Fair enough, I hear ya man

Brick is offline Member

Saying take clen during cycle and pct?

^^^^^^^^It is widely regarded that clen is both beneficial and favourable during PCT, whether you choose to use it on cycle is your call.

The OP started the thread by asking if he could keep his calories high and stave fat off, my answer to him was to incorporate clen into PCT, his cycle had already ended.

if it were a cutting cycle, personally i may add clen into the mix, but i always cut down before a cycle and then bulk up(~ leanly), and end a cycle with more bf than when i started hence clen to burn off excess cals and preserve lean muscle tissue in pct wnen AAS is none existent

Brick is offline Member
    ^^^^^^^^It is widely regarded that clen is both beneficial and favourable during PCT, whether you choose to use it on cycle is your call.

The OP started the thread by asking if he could keep his calories high and stave fat off, my answer to him was to incorporate clen into PCT, his cycle had already ended.

if it were a cutting cycle, personally i may add clen into the mix, but i always cut down before a cycle and then bulk up(~ leanly), and end a cycle with more bf than when i started hence clen to burn off excess cals and preserve lean muscle tissue in pct wnen AAS is none existent
    I've read about Clens muscle sparing abilities. I will read more into it.

Would you recommend starting clen on day PCT starts or day after last pin?

I plan my cycles to start and end on a friday( short esters), PCT would normally then be a monday, clen Monday Am (i like to sleep at weekends), PCT monday night before bed

Start pCT with clen.

Brick is offline Member
    I plan my cycles to start and end on a friday( short esters), PCT would normally then be a monday, clen Monday Am (i like to sleep at weekends), PCT monday night before bed

Start pCT with clen.
    So a longer ester, say sus, start clen on first day of pct (2 weeks after pin).

Bulkn is offline Productive Member
    I would start using clen week 3 of pct coz thats usually when i crash.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucka View Post
    So a longer ester, say sus, start clen on first day of pct (2 weeks after pin).
    yep, cool with me.

Thread Information