miami77 is offline New Member

nutritional help!

Hello all!

I'm new to the forum and before coming on here I had my heart set on starting steroids . I'm just short of 21 and after hours of reading through first time cycle posts and the advice given buy the guru's, I definitely won't be starting any cycles for at least a few years and want to concentrate of my nutritional route.

I'm 5'11. 196 pounds and 14% percent body fat.

My aim is to put on as much lean mass as possible and to hit (I know I'm a long way away) 220 pounds!

My current diet is as follows

8.30 am - oats and a whey protein shake

11.30am - 1 breast of chicken, 1 cup of rice and vegetables

2.30 pm - 1 breast of chicken, 1 cup of rice and vegetables

5.30 pm - oats and a whey protein shake

8.30pm - shake and fruit

11.30pm - 1 breast of chicken and vegetables

as you'll probably tell me, there is some tweaking that needs to be done to get to where I want to so any help would be of much use!

Thanks very much.

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    miami welcome to the forum man!

first off good job on ur decision to wait til ur a little older before cycling. u will not regret it. at 196 and 14%bf u are already off to a good start IMO

i suggest u read these 2 stickies:

BULKING:
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread....#.UD-38taPW6M

CUTTING:
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...g#.UD-4L9aPW6O

IMO itll do u good to have knowledge in both cutting and bulking. i think itll give u a better view of the "big picture" of bodybuilding and suggest u read em both ASAP.

at 196lbs 14%BF u have 168.56lbs LBM

good starting maintenance is: LBM X 15 (2528cals for u)

from there u can subtract 500cals or add 500cals depending what u wanna do (bulk or cut)..

at 14% i suggest u cut down to 10% first then bulk. cutting IMO will give u more knowledge of diet and how food affects u than bulking and IMO its more difficult to do (aside from adding lean mass when ur maxd out genetically.. thats not what im saying people ).. cutting requires more discipline IMO and itll give u confidence in ur ability to manipulate diet for predictable results.

plus at 14% u def dont wanna get any fatter!

cheers mate thanks very much. will let you know where I go from here!

digsy1983 is offline Member
    hey miami. youll reach ya 220lbs a bit sooner than ya think with ya diet sorted. wish my diet was like yours when i was 20/21. add about 300 units of alcohol a week then minus all the food and youd be where i was. wouldnt adivse it tho, stick to bulking up with diet and weights.

p.s nice of >>405<< to give ya a nice soft welcome eh
    plus at 14% u def dont wanna get any fatter!
    lol!

haha everyone's getting at me for this fat!!!

one thing though, if I want to step up my protein intake which it seems I do by about 8o-90grams; in my research I've found many things telling me your body can't digest more than 24grams of protein a sitting/per meal as it just shits the rest out..

what's the truth in this?

do I then just have to eat meals more frequently instead of less frequent and bigger in size?

Disregard that article. Have u ever looked into intermittent fasting diets? It has proven successful for many people and those guys eat all their allotted cals for the day in a window of time somewhere between 4-8hrs over the course of 3 meals.

I guarantee u they digested more than 72g protein per day.

I regularly ingest 70-100g protein per meal.

Set ur cals and macros and hit them. All that other B.S. is just that: B.S. IMO

yeea I've read into that! it's hard with work trying to smash meals between say 12pm-8pm so I can't really see that as an option but I will forget all that shite then! cheers pal

Quote Originally Posted by miami77 View Post
    yeea I've read into that! it's hard with work trying to smash meals between say 12pm-8pm so I can't really see that as an option but I will forget all that shite then! cheers pal
    yeh im not suggesting IF as a diet for u just giving u an example which i think shows u can ingest large quantities of protein at one time with good success..

Thread Information