Granovich is offline Senior Member

3rd week into cutting cycle. is it little calories ?

right now im 195 lbs, 5'10 i would say around 15% BF
    i was 205 3 weeks ago when i started my diet not a single cheat meal and not planning on having one!
    its very simple

Meal 1 : 6 egg whites + 4 oz of ground beef (93% lean) + 1/2 cup oats
    Meal 2: 8 oz chicken breast + 1/2 cup raw baby carrots
    Meal 3 : 8 oz fish + 1/2 cup raw baby carrot
    WORKOUT
    Meal 4: Protein Shake

thats it!!!
    no salt , no sugar. 6 times weekly cardio after workout for 45 min. just fast walk
    i also take, multi vitamin, bcaa , glutamine, joint support. fish oil. and hydroxy cut fat burner
    and i do heavy lifting 4-5 times weekly. i noticed my strength didnt go down infact i became stronger!! so i dont think i lost muscle.... do i continue this way ????
    also i think most of fat is around stomach and sides . is there a way to help losing that mid section fat ?
    im planning on keep going until im like 6-7% bodyfat . im thinking i will be like 180 lbs

anyone ?

digsy1983 is offline Member
    Seems like it's far too restricted in calories. At that level you will prob lose a bit of weight until your metabolism changes then you will stop with the loses. I was 205lbs and cut on 2100/2200 cals and I lossed 10lbs in just over 1 month and also added 10lbs of lbm. And the gains are still going strong!
    I'd recomend u read the stickies,
    cutting 101
    So you want to learn how to diet . The milos secrev video is very informative and defo worth a watch.
    Unofficial how to cut.

A calorie deficit is good but too drastic and your body will go into survival mode and yet and keep its reserves!
    Gud luck buddy.
    Last edited by digsy1983; 09-01-2012 at 04:02 AM.

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Granovich View Post
    right now im 195 lbs, 5'10 i would say around 15% BF
    i was 205 3 weeks ago when i started my diet not a single cheat meal and not planning on having one!
    its very simple

Meal 1 : 6 egg whites + 4 oz of ground beef (93% lean) + 1/2 cup oats
    Meal 2: 8 oz chicken breast + 1/2 cup raw baby carrots
    Meal 3 : 8 oz fish + 1/2 cup raw baby carrot
    WORKOUT
    Meal 4: Protein Shake

thats it!!!
    no salt , no sugar. 6 times weekly cardio after workout for 45 min. just fast walk
    i also take, multi vitamin, bcaa , glutamine, joint support. fish oil. and hydroxy cut fat burner
    and i do heavy lifting 4-5 times weekly. i noticed my strength didnt go down infact i became stronger!! so i dont think i lost muscle.... do i continue this way ????
    also i think most of fat is around stomach and sides . is there a way to help losing that mid section fat ?
    im planning on keep going until im like 6-7% bodyfat . im thinking i will be like 180 lbs
    what r total cals and macros for this diet?

IMO u could do better than carrots if ur trying to avoid sugar.

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    what r total cals and macros for this diet?

IMO u could do better than carrots if ur trying to avoid sugar.
    thank you for the answer.
    calories ... i guess around 1300 at most
    mostly protein around 200g. fat is only around 12g and carbs around 50-60 g
    i will try to cut carrot but whats for carbs during the day.... i know its too low. thats why i lost weight fast . it seems that i lose 4 lbs a week and i dont think im losing muscle cuz my strength is pretty good
    but i dont want to get to point where i stop losing weight and gain it back thats why i want to do it right... any suggestions ??

mockery is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    id bump the fat up to around 30-50g, and even another 60 in protein.

yes strength is a great way to gauge lbm loss in a deficiet, but keep in mind that at a greater deficiet like you are running u have a chance at losing approx 25% lbm of the total weight lost each week when you are dropping weight so rapidly. Eat a bit more, try and go for 1700 calories and see how that treats you.

thank you for the answer.
    calories ... i guess around 1300 at most
    mostly protein around 200g. fat is only around 12g and carbs around 50-60 g
    i will try to cut carrot but whats for carbs during the day.... i know its too low. thats why i lost weight fast . it seems that i lose 4 lbs a week and i dont think im losing muscle cuz my strength is pretty good
    but i dont want to get to point where i stop losing weight and gain it back thats why i want to do it right... any suggestions ??
    i have a few suggestions..

1. read sticky: dieting 101: cutting

2. at 195lbs 15%bf u have 165.75lbs LBM; a good starting maintenance is LBM x 15 (165.75 x 15 = 2486cals) if i were u id set up a low carb cutting diet starting at 2000cals at 60/20/20 pro/carb/fat

2000cals
    300g pro
    100g carbs
    44g fat

split ur protein evenly between every meal

split ur starchy complex carbs between pre workout and post workout only. have green veggies in at least 3 meals and dont worry about the carbs in the veggies.

good starchy complex carb sources: oatmeal, brn rice, sweet potato, lentils..

be sure to REFEED every 14days with 250g carbs for that one day

cardio: am fasted or post workout 45minutes 5-6days per week moderate intensity (130-140HR)

3. id run this diet a few weeks and see how u do. at 15% depending on how long uve been on the other diet it may be time for something different like cycling ur carbs but IMO u should save the carb cycle until a regular diet no longer performs..

squatcity is offline New Member
    do this^^^ you wont last much longer on 1300 a day

i have a few suggestions..

1. read sticky: dieting 101: cutting

2. at 195lbs 15%bf u have 165.75lbs LBM; a good starting maintenance is LBM x 15 (165.75 x 15 = 2486cals) if i were u id set up a low carb cutting diet starting at 2000cals at 60/20/20 pro/carb/fat

2000cals
    300g pro
    100g carbs
    44g fat

split ur protein evenly between every meal

split ur starchy complex carbs between pre workout and post workout only. have green veggies in at least 3 meals and dont worry about the carbs in the veggies.

good starchy complex carb sources: oatmeal, brn rice, sweet potato, lentils..

be sure to REFEED every 14days with 250g carbs for that one day

cardio: am fasted or post workout 45minutes 5-6days per week moderate intensity (130-140HR)

3. id run this diet a few weeks and see how u do. at 15% depending on how long uve been on the other diet it may be time for something different like cycling ur carbs but IMO u should save the carb cycle until a regular diet no longer performs..
    thank you so much ... look perfect. i might lower it more and do like 1000 calorie deflect. but i have good image of what i should do

but i dont really understand what you mean by number 3 but i will do your way . just try to reduce a little make it like 250g protein/ 60g carb/ 20g fat so i make more deflect so i lose faster
    cuz i think i need to lose like 20 lbs or so

thank you so much ... look perfect. i might lower it more and do like 1000 calorie deflect. but i have good image of what i should do
    if ur considering dropping ur cals to 1400 everyday then u have no idea what ur doing! there comes a point where a caloric deficit become counter-productive. for u at 195lbs 15%bf ur basal metabolic rate (the amt of calories ur body requires at rest) is 1993cals. if u drop ur daily intake below this number for an extended period of time u run the risk of burning LBM as well as causing ur metabolism to slow down. more is not necessarily better.

i gave u the numbers u should run IMO that are gonna give u the best deficit while not jeopardizing ur LBM or BMR. i suggest u follow the diet i gave u and not change it.

but i dont really understand what you mean by number 3 but i will do your way . just try to reduce a little make it like 250g protein/ 60g carb/ 20g fat so i make more deflect so i lose faster
    cuz i think i need to lose like 20 lbs or so
    what i mean by #3 is ur body can over time make adjustments to compensate for dietary measures u take. ur body sees lower body fat as a threat. it thinks if it gets too low u are in jeopardy of starvation. therefore it will make adjustments to try to hang onto body fat which will thwart ur attempts to lose it. at 15% u still have enuff where it shouldnt be too difficult to lose more but if u have been on a cutting diet for 6months or longer ur body may have made adjustments to make ur progress more difficult.

there are measures than can be taken to keep the fat coming off by manipulating calories and more importantly carbs. i will bump a thread for u called "hey 405 what is carb cycling?" i suggest u read it.

also did u read the dieting 101: cutting sticky?? based on the fact that u wanna eat 1400cals every day i think u did not.

i suggest u do ur own homework so u can acquire the knowledge necessary to successfully cut into single digit body fat (if thats what u wanna do). this way u dont have to rely on others to tell u what to do and u dont keep making beginner mistakes like risking LBM and metabolic slowdown due to the fact that ur deficit is too great which is a result of having a poor understanding of how to cut properly.

what i mean by #3 is ur body can over time make adjustments to compensate for dietary measures u take. ur body sees lower body fat as a threat. it thinks if it gets too low u are in jeopardy of starvation. therefore it will make adjustments to try to hang onto body fat which will thwart ur attempts to lose it. at 15% u still have enuff where it shouldnt be too difficult to lose more but if u have been on a cutting diet for 6months or longer ur body may have made adjustments to make ur progress more difficult.

there are measures than can be taken to keep the fat coming off by manipulating calories and more importantly carbs. i will bump a thread for u called "hey 405 what is carb cycling?" i suggest u read it.

also did u read the dieting 101: cutting sticky?? based on the fact that u wanna eat 1400cals every day i think u did not.

i suggest u do ur own homework so u can acquire the knowledge necessary to successfully cut into single digit body fat (if thats what u wanna do). this way u dont have to rely on others to tell u what to do and u dont keep making beginner mistakes like risking LBM and metabolic slowdown due to the fact that ur deficit is too great which is a result of having a poor understanding of how to cut properly.

thank you so much . i did read cutting 101 but im kind of guy reads and still do whats in his mind . but if my deflect makes me lose muscle weight then hell no . i will follow your way precisely and do my cardio even if it takes longer time because i dont want to lose muscle that i have been working hard on it for 3 years . thank you 405

thank you so much . i did read cutting 101 but im kind of guy reads and still do whats in his mind . but if my deflect makes me lose muscle weight then hell no . i will follow your way precisely and do my cardio even if it takes longer time because i dont want to lose muscle that i have been working hard on it for 3 years . thank you 405
    ur welcome! read "hey 405 what is carb cycling?"

this is prob gonna be a next step for u let me know what u think..

Thread Information