-KJ- is offline Productive Member

KJ - Time to transform

Well its time I get the finger out. I begin my cut tomorrow morning and hopefully make some great progress on it.
    Im new to all this. Ive been around the board awhile but my dedication to learn was never matched by my dedication to succeed and any gians made have been lost by extended periods away.

Stats will be posted tomorrow.
    Weigh in will be every week although I weigh myself every second/third day.
    Pics will come eventually.

Diet - 225g protein, 100g Carbs - 45g fats to begin.

Cheat days... Im not thinking of that right now. There will be days when i will cheat though. Example my birthday and so on but ive no real deadline for this.

Workout: Not quite sure whether to follow a 4 day split or a lactic acid type training split.
    Cardio will be done am or pm but it will be done. Starting at 25-30 minutes and increasing. When motivated I love to run outdoors so that will be incorporated too.

Inputs on all this will be greatly appreciated.

auswest is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    What is that 1800-1900 calories? How much do you weigh?

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by auswest View Post
    What is that 1800-1900 calories? How much do you weigh?
    Aus i figd id answer since im here and know:

175lbs 25%bf
    LBM = 131.25lbs
    LBM x 15 = 1968 (rough starting maintenance)
    BMR = 1655cals
    Deficit: 268 cals = 1700cal cut..

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Good luck KJ! Will be following!

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    Good luck KJ.... U don't need luck tho... U just need to follow a good plan....

Do ur cardio whenever to begin with...

As for your training split u should have a look at the power/hypertrophy routine I have written up in the workout section.... Higher carbs on the power days and low carbs on the hypertrophy days, treating them as depletion days

Let's see the diet...

Stay sharp

Quote Originally Posted by baseline_9
    Good luck KJ.... U don't need luck tho... U just need to follow a good plan....

Do ur cardio whenever to begin with...

As for your training split u should have a look at the power/hypertrophy routine I have written up in the workout section.... Higher carbs on the power days and low carbs on the hypertrophy days, treating them as depletion days

Let's see the diet...

Stay sharp
    I'm not at home yet but will post link of diet. If I follow that routine base will need advice on the carb days if that's ok.

Yeah ive a high level of fat so cardio any time will be beneficial I think.

If your on diet is in diet section there. Do I up my calories for power days? Or lower them every other day...

Quote Originally Posted by -KJ- View Post
    I'm not at home yet but will post link of diet. If I follow that routine base will need advice on the carb days if that's ok.

Yeah ive a high level of fat so cardio any time will be beneficial I think.

If your on diet is in diet section there. Do I up my calories for power days? Or lower them every other day...
    Not thought too much about it yet but I would probably do Something like this...

Mon - low/no carb - HIIT cardio
    Tue - low/no carb - HIIT cardio
    Wed - low/no carb - lower body hypertrophy - cardio 30 mins
    Thu - low/ no carb - upper body hypertrophy - cardio 30 mins
    Fri - long duration cardio (60 mins intervals, AM) - high carb (carbs begin in the evening)
    Sat - moderate carb - lower body power
    Sun - moderate carb - upper body power

That routine would be sick....there is logic behind that plan... It's a fukin killer but it would work a treat....

It enables you to eat like a normal person at the weekends and gives you the carbs when you need them most.... It allows for partial glycogen replenishment before the power training days and also gives partial/complete glycogen depletion before the hypertrophy days....

It keeps you either catabolic or anabolic which is better IMO that going between the two on a daily basis...

Your not going to grow on the hypertrophy days during this routine the way the diet it layer out so treat these hyper days as glycogen depletion workouts which is the goal....

This is somewhat similar to the ultimate diet 2.0 by lyle McDonald

Quote Originally Posted by baseline_9

Not thought too much about it yet but I would probably do Something like this...

Mon - low/no carb - HIIT cardio
    Tue - low/no carb - HIIT cardio
    Wed - low/no carb - lower body hypertrophy - cardio 30 mins
    Thu - low/ no carb - upper body hypertrophy - cardio 30 mins
    Fri - long duration cardio (60 mins intervals, AM) - high carb (carbs begin in the evening)
    Sat - moderate carb - lower body power
    Sun - moderate carb - upper body power

That routine would be sick....there is logic behind that plan... It's a fukin killer but it would work a treat....

It enables you to eat like a normal person at the weekends and gives you the carbs when you need them most.... It allows for partial glycogen replenishment before the power training days and also gives partial/complete glycogen depletion before the hypertrophy days....

It keeps you either catabolic or anabolic which is better IMO that going between the two on a daily basis...

Your not going to grow on the hypertrophy days during this routine the way the diet it layer out so treat these hyper days as glycogen depletion workouts which is the goal....

This is somewhat similar to the ultimate diet 2.0 by lyle McDonald
    I won't grow on these days so this diet is good for a cut?? Depletion workouts.. Long negative short rest period? I work weekends and gym times are terrible close early open late... How about moving hiit to weekends and start lifting Mondays?

Today is the day.

Weight: 177.7 lbs @ ~24%

First workout today - upper body power day.

Bench press
    Supported tbar row
    DB press / hammer strength*

*need input on this. Can't barbell shoulder press. Always have slight discomfort but may try smith machine.

Base - what's your view on cardio on workout days? I want to start running few times a week just need your input.

Cheers guys

Quote Originally Posted by -KJ- View Post
    First workout today - upper body power day.

Bench press
    Supported tbar row
    DB press / hammer strength*

*need input on this. Can't barbell shoulder press. Always have slight discomfort but may try smith machine.

Base - what's your view on cardio on workout days? I want to start running few times a week just need your input.

Cheers guys
    Follow the plan I posted above but hits the days forward or backwards... I put powder days at the weekend assuming you were no working.... Have those days where u want but remember that they allow u to relax the diet and u do no cardio so it's a nice time to have what will feel like a break....

DB shoulder press is fine.... NEVER do smith machine press... It's not safe and is a terrible movement IMO....

As far as cardio it needs to surve a purpose...... The routine I outlined above is specific in what it is set out to achieve .... It has an anabolic phase and a catabolic one.... We want you to transition as quickly as possible between the two to take advantage of the metabolic swings....

HIIT cardio is done to deplete as much glycogen as possible at the start and at the same time carbs are kept to a minimum..... This is going to start the depletion off....

You then do 2 depletion workouts with cardio PWO to burn more calories.... Again low/ no carbs..... We're catabolic here, but that's what we want..... Catabolic - breaking down...... We're breaking down fat as well as muscle.... We can minimise muscle breakdown by pulsing BCAA's durring the day and keeping protein high...

The day after the last depletion workout you perform a long hard cardio session.... There's light at the end of the tunnel here.... Goal is to burn as many calories here as possible.... Then a horrible wait all day before you can gorge on carbs before in the evening.... The purpose of this is to begin the glycogen over compensation /storage phase so that you are ready (physically and mentally) for the two power days ahead of you....

2 moderate carb days will now supply you with glucose for energy during workouts and the goal is to lift heavy, hard and build muscle.... Protein can be dropped drastically here as carbs serve more purposes than glycogen replenishment (protein sparing)...

And the cycle repeats....
    Last edited by baseline_9; 09-03-2012 at 07:33 AM.

Base I had a quick read but will read better better soon. Have a few questions to understand better so if its ok ill drop them your way.

Cheers

So food is pretty decent today.. Cooked it this morning!

Chicken Breast, peppers,Onions,Mushrooms and some seasoning. Into a wok with 5sprays of 1cal spray. YUM

Ive 3 More meals and Im done today

1 meal and a shake and day 1 is done.

Still working on a few things! may take few days or week to get everything spot on.

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    welcome back! feeling better already???

So I done a power day yesterday!

Talk about shock to my body.. Aching today

Thread Information