Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    GreMos is offline Member

My weightloss progress thread

Alright so I wanted a tread dedicated to documenting my lifestyle and progress. Compliments and praise are some of the best forms of motivation.

Started today- September 03/12
    Stats:
    Weight: 288
    Height: 5'11"
    BF%: 25.1% (give or take 3-5% for device accuracy)

Diet is planned out to 60/20/20 on 2500 calories but we re-adjust for new BF reading and then post it.

Just finished meal 1 after fasted cardio. (only got off work at 6am so this is technically morning to me) Training chesticles now!!!

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    good to see u started a log. if u post here every day itll definitely help u stick to ur program!

25.1%bf not as bad as u thought!

new macros for new LBM:

at 288lbs 25%bf u have 215lbs LBM so ur maintenance changes to 3225cals

cut at 2700cals

new macros 60/20/20:

2700cals
    405g pro
    135g carbs
    60g fat

rework ur diet to hit these macros and post it up

GreMos is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<---
    good to see u started a log. if u post here every day itll definitely help u stick to ur program!

25.1%bf not as bad as u thought!

new macros for new LBM:

at 288lbs 25%bf u have 215lbs LBM so ur maintenance changes to 3225cals

cut at 2700cals

new macros 60/20/20:

2700cals
    405g pro
    135g carbs
    60g fat

rework ur diet to hit these macros and post it up
    I will man thanks a lot!

GreMos is offline Member
    Ok so this is what I came up with I'm as close as I can find myself getting and I used the nutrition chart linked on the Dietin 101 sticky.

2 meals Chicken 7 oz=600cal/112pro/0carb/12fat 2mealsChicken7.35oz=630cal/118pro/0carb/12fa
    1 meal Pork 7oz=346cal/56pro/0carb/12fat
    1 meal Beef 7oz=386cal/58pro/0carb/16fat
    3x Broccoli 5oz=123cal/12pro/21carb/0fat
    2x Oats 1 cup= 600cal/20pro/108carb/10fat
    ---------------------
    Total- Goal
    2685 cal 2700 cal
    376 protein. 405 protein
    129 carb 135 carbs
    62 fat 62 fat

Ideas?

EDIT: 405 be my guest to run it through your calorie counter and see if you get different figures. That's just from the chart I went by is all.
    Last edited by GreMos; 09-03-2012 at 02:02 PM.

for chicken i get 4oz = 110cals, 26g pro, 0g carb, 1g fat

looks like the macros are difft than what i get. this is why i suggest u utilize an online calorie counter. u have a computer.. use it

Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"
    25%...WOW. That is a far cry from the 30-40% you were estimating. I was 5'11" 280 at one point as well. So I know where you are. You my friend are going to be a success story for others on this site, I HAVE NO DOUBT!

GreMos is offline Member
    for chicken i get 4oz = 110cals, 26g pro, 0g carb, 1g fat

looks like the macros are difft than what i get. this is why i suggest u utilize an online calorie counter. u have a computer.. use it
    For 3.5oz I get 150cal 28 protein 0 carb 3 fat

GreMos is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1
    25%...WOW. That is a far cry from the 30-40% you were estimating. I was 5'11" 280 at one point as well. So I know where you are. You my friend are going to be a success story for others on this site, I HAVE NO DOUBT!
    Thanks man! I'm going to give it my all and update every week. My new goal for my first competition will be 2015.

Here's to hoping!

Quote Originally Posted by GreMos View Post
    Thanks man! I'm going to give it my all and update every week. My new goal for my first competition will be 2015.

Here's to hoping!
    Hell update everyday if ya can...I'm following.

GreMos is offline Member

Hell update everyday if ya can...I'm following.
    Chances are I will.. I have no life.

My buddy just got back from the police academy so I'm having one last hooplah. (BBQ) before I start this. Hes a cop now so hes going to help me with my cardio cu they whipped his ass in the academy.

So tonight In tracking my meals because I had to fix them and tomorrow's official day 1.

just out of curiosity what are ur 1 rep max and working sets of:

bench
    squat
    deadlift

??

GreMos is offline Member
    just out of curiosity what are ur 1 rep max and working sets of:

bench
    squat
    deadlift

??
    GAH.. I don't do these things. I'm a firm believer in quality not quantity. I never go below 10-12 reps working set. 15-20 warm up sets.

When I was in highschool i used to do the whole one rep max thing because I used to think powerlifting WAS bodybuilding. Boy was I wrong.

Long story short, I dont know! Don't do em!

EDIT: didn't know you asked for working. I REALLY pre-exhaust my chest before getting to incline and decline and I don't flat bench. So those numbers aren't accurate or adequate. I squat no more than 2 plates because I pre-exhaust with Jefferson's and leg ext. ... Sorry man I just train differently so I can't really give you mu true numbers !!
    Last edited by GreMos; 09-03-2012 at 06:52 PM.

gotcha.. is cool. just judging by ur thickness in the pic i saw in the other forum lookd like u mite be able to do a lot

GreMos is offline Member
    gotcha.. is cool. just judging by ur thickness in the pic i saw in the other forum lookd like u mite be able to do a lot
    In highschool I was 1 repping 495 flat. 1400-1500 leg press lmao.. Full reps too and like a set or 8. I have MONSTER strength in mu legs when I powerlfted. Buddy has a video on his old phone

In highschool I was 1 repping 495 flat. 1400-1500 leg press lmao.. Full reps too and like a set or 8. I have MONSTER strength in mu legs when I powerlfted. Buddy has a video on his old phone
    yeh i figured something like that for the bench.. thats monster dude!.. my goal is 405 on the bench gonna shoot for 365 tomorrow.. squat going for 500 wednesday.. have 10 repd 1100 on leg press..

ac guy is offline Associate Member
    I'm 6' 2" 280 25% bf so I know your pain. I'm went from 380 to 300 18 months ago, lost another 20 after starting to lift again. Now, I have a hard time cutting since I've made great gains in the weight room. I want to eat and eat and eat to keep gaining muscle. I'm going to follow your progress, and use it to motivate me to bite the bullet to get to my target of 220 ( my Army weight). Should put me below 15 % so I can run my first cycle. Good luck man.

GreMos is offline Member

yeh i figured something like that for the bench.. thats monster dude!.. my goal is 405 on the bench gonna shoot for 365 tomorrow.. squat going for 500 wednesday.. have 10 repd 1100 on leg press..
    That's monster! I'm a horrible squatter I'll admit

GreMos is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ac guy
    I'm 6' 2" 280 25% bf so I know your pain. I'm went from 380 to 300 18 months ago, lost another 20 after starting to lift again. Now, I have a hard time cutting since I've made great gains in the weight room. I want to eat and eat and eat to keep gaining muscle. I'm going to follow your progress, and use it to motivate me to bite the bullet to get to my target of 220 ( my Army weight). Should put me below 15 % so I can run my first cycle. Good luck man.
    That's phenomenal man! Progress like that is Something to be CRAZY proud of. You'll reach your goal as long as you keep that iron will bud.

GreMos is offline Member
    Damned nightshifts.. Did 3 straight and now I'm all offset... Quarter to midnight and I have be up at 7 for fasted cardio. ... Damnit

Chances are I will.. I have no life.

My buddy just got back from the police academy so I'm having one last hooplah. (BBQ) before I start this. Hes a cop now so hes going to help me with my cardio cu they whipped his ass in the academy.

So tonight In tracking my meals because I had to fix them and tomorrow's official day 1.
    You need to HELP him do cardio, being a cop chances are he will get to your weight while you are working towards his lol

GreMos is offline Member

You need to HELP him do cardio, being a cop chances are he will get to your weight while you are working towards his lol
    Hahaha! I actually Lol'd at that which is good because I'm sour about the fasted cardio that I'm doing ATM.

GreMos is offline Member
    Just finished fasted cardio For 45 minutes. Onto meal 1! Chicken, green beans and 1 cup oats.

Good work gremos!

GreMos is offline Member
    Just finished more cardio and trained back. Onto meal 3! (should be meal 4) but my fasted cardio came late as I woke up late-ish. Night shifts really mess with the sleeping schedule. So I hate a nice protein shake to make up the difference in protein that I'm going to lose and I'll have some almonds to make up for the fats. My carbs are spot on.

It'll take a little adjusting and getting used too! But it'll work!

EDIT: Going to buy more chicken on sale $6 a KG!?!? Craziness all up in here
    Last edited by GreMos; 09-04-2012 at 01:19 PM.

GreMos is offline Member
    Just weighed in a 284.
    Now for fasted cardio!

GreMos is offline Member
    Thoughts on coffee?... Milk and twin? Or?

Thoughts on coffee?... Milk and twin? Or?
    coffee is fine. i like sugar free french vanilla creamer and stevia in mine.

milk = no

twin = i dont know what that is

GreMos is offline Member

coffee is fine. i like sugar free french vanilla creamer and stevia in mine.

milk = no

twin = i dont know what that is
    Twin is like.. Splenda?

if its an artificial sweetener its fine. u may wanna chk out stevia/truvia. i prefer it.

Dano44 is offline New Member
    GM, I'm in the same ball park as you. I am slightly taller and older than you. Other than that, our stats are very similar. So, you better believe that I will be checking your eating and exercise program and looking forward to some advise and words of wisdom. I was very much impressed with AC's post and his results. I appreciate the link to Dietin 101 and will definitely check it out. Keep up the good work! Thanks man! Dano

GreMos is offline Member
    if its an artificial sweetener its fine. u may wanna chk out stevia/truvia. i prefer it.
    If it's in Canada I will haha.

GreMos is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dano44
    GM, I'm in the same ball park as you. I am slightly taller and older than you. Other than that, our stats are very similar. So, you better believe that I will be checking your eating and exercise program and looking forward to some advise and words of wisdom. I was very much impressed with AC's post and his results. I appreciate the link to Dietin 101 and will definitely check it out. Keep up the good work! Thanks man! Dano
    Thanks!! It's a lot harder at this point considering my woman and my mother are going on some cooking spree and making all minds of rediculous sweets.. But I'm pulling through! Everyone heres motivating me pretty good so I'm happy about it.

Dano44 is offline New Member
    Hey GreMos, Dido! My wife eats whatever she wants. She does not take into consideration fats or carbs. We have however, collectively, as a family, cut out almost all products containing sugar. That is a big start. Despite all of the daily temptations, I'm doing good with my eating choices. I have a goal in mind and am obsessed with bodybuilding. I've been told that all I need is some tweaking in order to turn up the fat burner? I'm going to start incorporating a morning fasting cardio into my routine. I wasn't able to locate Dietin 101? Dano

GreMos is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dano44
    Hey GreMos, Dido! My wife eats whatever she wants. She does not take into consideration fats or carbs. We have however, collectively, as a family, cut out almost all products containing sugar. That is a big start. Despite all of the daily temptations, I'm doing good with my eating choices. I have a goal in mind and am obsessed with bodybuilding. I've been told that all I need is some tweaking in order to turn up the fat burner? I'm going to start incorporating a morning fasting cardio into my routine. I wasn't able to locate Dietin 101? Dano
    Just have to switch it from threads to stickies! ... I'm on the iPhone app though so it may be different on a computer.

And I feel that pain.. My woman's 100lbs fully clothed, soaken wet with rocks on her pockets and eats fastfood all the time. Doesn't do any physical activity. She's probably unhealthier than me physiologically but.. Metabolisms in her favor.

And yeah finding your deficit of calories calculated by LBM is where to start. Once you have that you just do your cardio, train and eat.!

bikeral is offline Life is only stressful if you care!
    Gremos just checking in. You are being helped by the best. Keep at it.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    GM, how was your bf tested? You look heavily muscled in your avi but even so, you could step onstage at about 220 ripped to pieces if your stats are correct.

You can make some amazing changes here, good luck.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

GreMos is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SteM
    GM, how was your bf tested? You look heavily muscled in your avi but even so, you could step onstage at about 220 ripped to pieces if your stats are correct.

You can make some amazing changes here, good luck.
    Would be nice eh? Unfortunately the way my body tends to **** me over by the time I'm at 12-13 % and want to start working on symmetry I'll have 130lbs LBM left hahaha.

And it was tested with a handheld device that works from the bodies electrical current, heat, and pulse or some crap. Two different devices almost identical results. And I bought my own, should be in soon.

Would be nice eh? Unfortunately the way my body tends to **** me over by the time I'm at 12-13 % and want to start working on symmetry I'll have 130lbs LBM left hahaha.

And it was tested with a handheld device that works from the bodies electrical current, heat, and pulse or some crap. Two different devices almost identical results. And I bought my own, should be in soon.
    sounds like bioimpedance. not very reliable IMO. UD FARE BETTER going to a bod pod IMO.

GreMos is offline Member

sounds like bioimpedance. not very reliable IMO. UD FARE BETTER going to a bod pod IMO.
    Hydrostatic?

GreMos is offline Member
    405 out of curiousity.. LBMx15-500(cal) for a weight loss.. What's for bulking? Gaining lean mass?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information