Brick is offline Member

Need quick reply!

Currently on the treadmill. Usually aim for 45-60 min. Fat burning. If I have the juice for it can I push and go for 75-90 mins?

greenwell001 is offline Member
    Yeah dude, I run 5 miles eod and sometimes I go 10, not in fasted state though.

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    45-60 mins is enuff man. If u wanna do something do 40mins in the am and 40 in the pm..

Throw some hiit in..

Good cardio workout:
    5 mins warmup
    10min hiit
    5 min complete rest
    20-40min moderate
    5 min cooldown

Brick is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<---
    45-60 mins is enuff man. If u wanna do something do 40mins in the am and 40 in the pm..

Throw some hiit in..

Good cardio workout:
    5 mins warmup
    10min hiit
    5 min complete rest
    20-40min moderate
    5 min cooldown
    Ended up doing 75 mins. I won't go over 60 next time. Thabks for the quick replys

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    when i was younger, i could run for a couple of hours. nothing wrong with pushing it if you don't feel any pain!

Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    when i was younger, i could run for a couple of hours. nothing wrong with pushing it if you don't feel any pain!
    the good old days TR?

the longest ive run was 1hr 45mins..

digsy1983 is offline Member
    appropriate thread as i was about to ask the same, having done 30k on an exercise bike fasted cardio.

Why only 40 mins? Surely more is better is you have time and stamina to do it!!?? also, sure I read that the body responds better to burning fat after a 20 min starting period, so 40 mins of cardio is only 20 mins of optimal fat burning time.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    40 mins is a minimum really. Especially if it's low intensity. 60 mins is better but any longer and you are likely to be eating into your LBM if you are doing it fasted.

Personally, I like to do a combination of HIIT and LIC. I burn more cals, get a greater EPOC and get done in 45 mins not 60.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Quote Originally Posted by digsy1983 View Post
    appropriate thread as i was about to ask the same, having done 30k on an exercise bike fasted cardio.

Why only 40 mins? Surely more is better is you have time and stamina to do it!!?? also, sure I read that the body responds better to burning fat after a 20 min starting period, so 40 mins of cardio is only 20 mins of optimal fat burning time.
    thats why i said 40-60mins

Quote Originally Posted by SteM View Post
    40 mins is a minimum really. Especially if it's low intensity. 60 mins is better but any longer and you are likely to be eating into your LBM if you are doing it fasted.

Personally, I like to do a combination of HIIT and LIC. I burn more cals, get a greater EPOC and get done in 45 mins not 60.
    hey pal.. got internet?

So anything over 60 mins n the body goes into survival mode to keep bf and burns lbm? So u wouldn't recomend IF diets? Or are these different, I don't know much about them apart from brief bits that I've picked up on here.

Also could eating lbm not be guarded against with a few bcaa's?

So anything over 60 mins n the body goes into survival mode to keep bf and burns lbm? So u wouldn't recomend IF diets? Or are these different, I don't know much about them apart from brief bits that I've picked up on here.
    Also could eating lbm not be guarded against with a few bcaa's?
    dude.. u wanna try to do more than 60mins worth of cardio?? cmon man..

look at marathon runners and cyclists and most endurance athletes.. they look like skinny pieces of crap!

too much cardio can become counter productive IMO for a guy looking to build and maintain muscle..

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    My ideal cardio (time/schedule permitting):

45 mins am fasted cardio, moderate intensity, steady state

evening PWO cardio: 20 mins HIIT, followed by 20-30 mins of moderate intensity, steady state

Follow this along with a dialed in diet and training regimen, and you will get ripped fast!

Unfortunately for me, PM workouts aren't possible, so I can only do cardio in the am and opt for PWO as described above.

could of easily dun 2 hours + on the exercise bike this morning at a good steady pace! HR a steady 120-130bpm.

granted most endurance athletes are skinny, but wasnt my point really. surely 1-2 hours cardio on a few occasions is going to yeild good fat burning returns??? if done excessively or everyday then yeah the body would burn lbm to reduce overall enegery demands, but using a smach and grab approach the body wouldnt have major cause to drop lbm instead of bf??

just seems more applicable if you can do 90 mins of moderate cardio isnt it better than 40 mins? unless the body does actually swtich to survival mode to protect bf after 60 odd mins?

Partly it would depend on your bf%. If its high your body is less likely to burn LBM. 10% is easily reachable through diet alone but cardio will get you there quicker!
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<---

hey pal.. got internet?
    Intermittently! I have a terrible signal where i live for some airtime I bought but sometimes it works!

Back in action in a fortnight!
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

ahh! the 'ole fortnight!

well hope to see u on a bit more

i have an interesting cut planned. its a 2part cut.. 4weeks UD2.0 followed by 4weeks 5days no/veggie only carbs + 2day refeed @600-800g carbs per day and 2xper day cardio! lookin to see what itll get me. my friend/co-worker pro BBer gave me the 5day/2day deal to hopefully break past 7.8% which is where i seem to get stuck.

Thread Information