Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    --->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    at 188lbs 15%bf u have 159.8lbs LBM

159.8 x 15 = 2397cals (rough maintenance)

1900-2000cals should be more than enuff for u to see results. 1500-1700 is too great a deficit IMO if ur eating this everyday.. are u cycling carbs at all?

951thompson is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<---
    at 188lbs 15%bf u have 159.8lbs LBM

159.8 x 15 = 2397cals (rough maintenance)

1900-2000cals should be more than enuff for u to see results. 1500-1700 is too great a deficit IMO if ur eating this everyday.. are u cycling carbs at all?
    "
    I got my TDEE from my new phone app (myfittnesspal) put all my details in, 1500cals is the number it gave me to lose weight at 2lb per week. You think it should be alittle higher?
    No I ain't been carb cycling, been thinking of giving it a go tho, not sure I fully understand how it works. Do you have high/medium carbs on training days then on days off low to no carb?

Thanks for your insight btw :-D

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    personally i wouldnt rely on a cell phone app to tell me how many cals i needed!

there are many ways to cycle carbs. i suggest u look into it. the idea primarily is to focus carbs around heavy training days and limit carbs on non training days. the more days u dont lift, the more days u have potential to burn fat. i enjoy EOD lifting (upper/lower split), this way i burn fat as many days as i lift.

how did u arrive at ur bf%?? what method did u use to figure it out?

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<---
    personally i wouldnt rely on a cell phone app to tell me how many cals i needed!

there are many ways to cycle carbs. i suggest u look into it. the idea primarily is to focus carbs around heavy training days and limit carbs on non training days. the more days u dont lift, the more days u have potential to burn fat. i enjoy EOD lifting (upper/lower split), this way i burn fat as many days as i lift.

how did u arrive at ur bf%?? what method did u use to figure it out?
    Ok I will up my cals a touch, thanks. I will have to do abit of research on carb cycling, seems alot of people have success with it on here, so may give it a whirl :-D

I did a 7 point caliper test to get 15% that was last weekend, I will be checking it again on Saturday. (May I might add im not great at taking caliper readings lol)

I've upped my calories to 1900cal on training day and 1700 none training days. I've also started carb cycling.

Question- on low carb days does one up his fat. My first low carb day today. Im aiming for 55/25/30. Anyone got any input on this split?

jklipouse is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by jklipouse
    That was a good read, thank you very much

Carb cycling, I Upped my calories yesterday to 1950cal with 200g carbs. Strange, I jumped on the scales this morning, I've lost 5lb over night. Wowza what is going on? Do you think I was under eating? Thinking of running 1950cal for the next week (besides none training low carb days) to see if I continue to have success

carib102 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 951thompson View Post
    Carb cycling, I Upped my calories yesterday to 1950cal with 200g carbs. Strange, I jumped on the scales this morning, I've lost 5lb over night. Wowza what is going on? Do you think I was under eating? Thinking of running 1950cal for the next week (besides none training low carb days) to see if I continue to have success
    Wow that's great! Even if you were under eating I would think the jump in carbs would make you hold more water and increase your weight. Hope the new carb cycle does you just as well going forward!

Quote Originally Posted by carib102

Wow that's great! Even if you were under eating I would think the jump in carbs would make you hold more water and increase your weight. Hope the new carb cycle does you just as well going forward!
    Yeah weird huh, maybe it was water weight, I've been very active lately, so thinking I've maybe been under eating a touch. Hey ho we will see how go at 1950cal.

Im down a few pounds,(180lb) decided to add 2 24 hours fasts per week on my none training days. Everything is going pretty good, my diet is super clean. Im doing circuit training (with heavy weight) 3 times per week and one heavy upper body power lifting session. Starting to feel leaner, but still have a long way to go to reaching my target of 8% bodyfat.

t-dogg is offline Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Myfitnesspal is a great app to log food, water, and lifting and cardio. The scale they use for dieting is complete crap, and shouldnt be used ever!

Quote Originally Posted by t-dogg
    Myfitnesspal is a great app to log food, water, and lifting and cardio. The scale they use for dieting is complete crap, and shouldnt be used ever!
    Yeah the TDEE it gives you is shabby, it's a great tool for precisely working out your micro split, I love it, great app.
    Last edited by 951thompson; 02-01-2013 at 06:20 AM.

Measured my bodyfat 13.9% (down 1 and a half %)

I did something very bad today, I ate all my calories in one sitting lol (after a 24 hour fast I might add) I just could'nt stop eating. Well needles to say, I am stuffed!

im still following leangains IF (six hour eating window) 2 24 hour fasts twice per week (on none training days.)

Circuit training 3 times per week and power lifting twice per week.

Things are going well ish. Hoping to make 10% bf before end of April (might be abit ambitious) 13. 9% last time I checked, goal is to get to 8% before summer.

Experimenting with seaman retention to boost testosterone . It's been only 2 days and im as horny as hell (used to jacking off every day) this could be more difficult then I first thought! I'll keep u posted!

Going to change my micro split, going to up my essential fats, in the hope of boosting natural testosterone .

40% protein 30% carb 30% fat.

Any input on this split welcome.

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Quote Originally Posted by 951thompson
    Going to change my micro split, going to up my essential fats, in the hope of boosting natural testosterone .

40% protein 30% carb 30% fat.

Any input on this split welcome.
    A lot of the guys do 50/30/20 or 60/20/20 or something in between for cutting.

Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post

A lot of the guys do 50/30/20 or 60/20/20 or something in between for cutting.
    I've been doing 40/40/20, its been working quite well. I read something yesterday about eating more essential fatty acids(oily fish ect) to boost natural testosterone . So im going to try out 40/30/30 for a week, see what results I get
    Thanks for your advice

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Quote Originally Posted by 951thompson

I've been doing 40/40/20, its been working quite well. I read something yesterday about eating more essential fatty acids(oily fish ect) to boost natural testosterone . So im going to try out 40/30/30 for a week, see what results I get
    Thanks for your advice
    Well we'll welcome back buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo View Post

Well we'll welcome back buddy.
    Hehe if it is'nt my old nemesis lol thanks, been back a few weeks, cutting off the flab this time round

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Hehe if it is'nt my old nemesis lol thanks, been back a few weeks, cutting off the flab this time round
    Make it happen your in the right place.

Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo View Post

Make it happen your in the right place.
    I will do, im down a few % bf while maintaining the same weight, so it going well. So far so good

Today's bodyfat reading 12.9% I think im probably abit higher then this, but it is encouraging to see the numbers going down. Down a few pounds on the scales too (I don't really bother with scales though, they can be misleading)

I would upload some photos but I think I've been banned or maybe restricted from uploading photos, don't know why but I don't have an attachment link, maybe one of the mods could have a look into this for me. I don't see why I would be restricted like this, but seems to be the case.

Wank day today, playing around with semen retention to boost testosterone . From reading studies I've decided busting one out every ten days would be the best approach, so tonight is the night, can't wait im ready to bust.

Is anyone thinking TOO MUCH INFORMATION?
    Last edited by 951thompson; 02-17-2013 at 06:40 AM.

cj111 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    You didn't wank for 10 days? You have a hell of a lot more will power than me, I barely last 10 minutes

bethdoth is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Way to much info!! I don't see how that would do you any good anyway. I have been doing HRT trying to get my testosterone out of the low 300's since July 2011. Tried androgel , patch then sub Q injections in my belly fat. The injections brought me up from 303 to 394 in 6 weeks. I am now try sub Q in my thighs to see if that brings it up higher. I do feel much much better and have way more energy but, that was with a jump of 91. I can't see you getting your levels much higher than what you currently are at, by strictly retaining seaman? So pound away!

Quote Originally Posted by cj111 View Post
    You didn't wank for 10 days? You have a hell of a lot more will power than me, I barely last 10 minutes
    Haha yeah was difficult, don't think I've ever jizzed so much in my life lol those bad boys were full!

Quote Originally Posted by rhoag View Post
    Way to much info!! I don't see how that would do you any good anyway. I have been doing HRT trying to get my testosterone out of the low 300's since July 2011. Tried androgel, patch then sub Q injections in my belly fat. The injections brought me up from 303 to 394 in 6 weeks. I am now try sub Q in my thighs to see if that brings it up higher. I do feel much much better and have way more energy but, that was with a jump of 91. I can't see you getting your levels much higher than what you currently are at, by strictly retaining seaman? So pound away!
    Studies suggest that on the seventh day of semen retention, it can raise your test level by 150 above base line for 3 days + so I am experimenting with10 day cycles.

mockery is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    semen that builds up in the testies is excreted through the urine when not being used daily. it doesn't "build up"

Quote Originally Posted by mockery View Post
    semen that builds up in the testies is excreted through the urine when not being used daily. it doesn't "build up"
    A recent Chinese study found that semen retention raised test by 150 above base for 3 days, from the 7th day to the 10th

bethdoth is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I will have to try that...NOT!!! Injecting 100mg of testosterone in my body (50mg) every 3.5 days for 6 weeks, only brought me up 90?? I will have to google this. Did you feel better..way more energy etc..?

A recent Chinese study found that semen retention raised test by 150 above base for 3 days, from the 7th day to the 10th

Quote Originally Posted by rhoag View Post
    I will have to try that...NOT!!! Injecting 100mg of testosterone in my body (50mg) every 3.5 days for 6 weeks, only brought me up 90?? I will have to google this. Did you feel better..way more energy etc..?
    Yeah I actually think it did, could of been physiological,who knows. could'nt stop thinking about sex most of the time, sex on the brain none stop, perving at every girl I saw lol, I got abit short fused on the 7th to 10th day (temper) which is a sighn of high levels test (roid rage ) or this could of just been coincidence. I guess time will tell. Yeah google search for it, the study should come straight up
    Last edited by 951thompson; 02-18-2013 at 04:12 PM.

Just got done reading Lyle McDonalds ultimate diet 0.2. Interesting read, im going to implement some of his diet and training methods to my routine. So im going to add depletion days (4) to my intermittent fasting with carb up days.(none fasted carb up days)
    Reading this book has got me super motivated, nothing like a change to get you motivated. Looking forward to putting the plan into action.

It's my 2nd day of depletion (2 to go) feeling abit drawn, but it's all good.(thinking of the bigger picture, keeping my eye on the prize) Im eating 1350cals at a ratio of 55/20/25. Done 30+ mins fasted cardio this morning. Got a full body pump work out to do this evening. Yeeha.

It's not for the weak harted this routine im following. So im on my 2nd depletion day on the UD2.0 diet im following. did my first full body pump workout UD2.0 protocol. With no carbs in me I felt really light headed though the workout, felt like I was going to pass out at times, it's all good tho, I enjoyed it, I love a challenge. Im off my tits on caffeine, don't usely drink alot of it. Using it to boost my energy levels while low carbing, we will see if it's a good idea tonight, don't know if I will sleep well tonight lol thinking of adding ephedrine, if I can get my hands on some.
    Last edited by 951thompson; 02-19-2013 at 02:26 PM.

Gonna have to sack the idea of using ephedrine off, as I can't get my hands on it.
    My day off from training today, still aching abit from yesterday's workout.
    So im on my 3rd depletion day, it's going ok, I was expecting to feel hungry while been depleted, but I don't at all. Looking forward to tomorrow night when I start my carb up phase. Have to say drinking coffee is making me wired. Im gonna struggle to sleep again tonight.

This morning started the day with fasted low intensity cardio. Started by sprinting for 2 minutes to get my hart rate up, then I walked for a few mins, then jogged for a few min, then walked again then jogged, repeated this for 40 mins.

Today was my last depletion day, ive just finished an all over body powerlifting workout, which included, squats, deadlifts,calf rises,abs,benchpress,shoulder press, bi curls and close grip bench. Reps of 4-8 (destroyed me, im pooped)

So now I start my carb refeed. Means I get to eat lots of simple carbs, just had low fat pizza with fries, followed by a bag of candy and a glass of ginger beer (yummy )
    So im both dreading and looking forward to tomorrow (carb up day) I have to eat 5000cal 1000g of carbs. On the bright side I get to eat alot of the foods I don't usely allow myself to eat, simple carbs like, cereal, milk,bread,candy ect. On the down side my insulin levels are going to be up and down all over the place, this is probably going to make me feel like shit. But looking at the bigger picture, it's for a good cause. Im going from 1300cal per day to 5000. (mental)sounds wrong does'nt it! it's going to be challenge eating 1000g of carbs.

Im on the high carb over feeding day of the UD2.0 diet im following. Im actually enjoying binging out on simple carbs more then I thought I would. Keeping my fat intake low/moderate. Been enjoying eating bread, cereal, milk,candy chews, low fat crisps,beans on toast,yogurt ect. making me feel tired though, I've ate 4500cals so far, going to have another +1000 or so then call it a day. Can feel my muscles growing, either that or its just my muscles filling up with glycogen, probably abit of both. ANABOLIC

Completed a full body powerlifting work out this morning. Which included, squats, lunges,calf rises, deadlifts,rows,abs,flat bench, press ups (with resistance band) bi curls, close grip benchpress and shoulder press.
    4-5 sets of each (reps 3-8 until fail)
    Went in on my deadlifts abit too hard, pulled something in my back, hoping it goes away after a good night's sleep, if not may have to have a few days off.

Im eating moderate carbs today (just below maintenance)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information