Thread: Calorie Count

NEMESIS RR is offline Associate Member

Calorie Count

I am 182lb, around 10-12 percent bodyfat (veins on legs but still a little flab on stomach). I am dieting and taking in 2200 calories net. I say net as if I do cardio or weights train I add calories to my diet in an equal amount to my workout. I am never below 200 grams of protein and never above 200 grams of carbs.

My question is should I vary my calorie count more above or below what I presently do? In other words would it more benificial to say go 300 calories above maintenance on my workout days and 300 below maintenance on non-workout days?

If it matters I started this at 186lb. I have lost weight at .5lb to .75lb a week and do look a lot better.
    Last edited by NEMESIS RR; 09-13-2012 at 09:05 PM.

johnnylucifer is offline Junior Member
    Adjust your calories based on your observed progress(or lack thereof) and what you are trying to achieve.

Reading between the lines, It seems that you are trying to loose fat. Keep in mind that gaining and maintaining muscle is HARD on a calorie deficit.

How tall are you? What is your objective?

NEMESIS RR is offline Associate Member
    I want to get as lean to get a 6 pack without sacrificing my muscle. I am a 5"4.5. I don't care to add anymore muscle. It is already a bitch to buy clothes as it ALL has to get altered.

Thread Information