Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    eazyduzit is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    if u do the required work at the gym on days 1 & 2 and spend the proper time under tension i wouldnt go so much by how u feel. some weeks will be easier than others. after about 4 cycle u should get thru the workouts and not feel like u did the first 2 cycles. ur body will adjust.

i would not add another depletion. do whats required and run the program
    Thanks for the heads up 405 I just stuck with cardio today did about an hour and 20 mins of bicycle, treadmil, stairclimber which left me hella fatigued!

Quote Originally Posted by TopDogg View Post
    easy: since you got the weight already... you need to focus more on cardio than weight lift. Do the intense cardio and run more on a daily basis.
    I thought that might be a factor, Lyle says in the book that moderate cardio can be added after the depletion workouts (tuesday/wednesday) so i think i'll add about 30-45 minutes after my weight training on those days, i also do thursday/friday cardio for 45 minutes each, so thats about 4 days a week. Possibly include cardio on monday too.

(It's gonna suck after depletion workouts but if that's what it takes to get the fat off then sure)

Day 16

Diet: 1200cals
    Weight: 79.4kg
    Training: Cardio/bit of abs
    Supps: Glutamine, whey, fish oil

--------------------------------------------------

Notes:

Intense cardio today felt great after wards. Although im longing for some carbs right about now! I also had a qtr glass of straight jack daniels with a mate that came over, probably wouldn't do much. Other than that i don't drink anyway. Tommorow is fasted cardio AM again then tension training/carb load!

hey 405, do u ever weight train fasted? Is it better for weight loss? I heard that GH is better released when training fasted and a few other benefits

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    i do not train fasted. i have done it for a week when i tried IF. didnt notice much difference in performance.

i dont intentionally NOT train fasted for any particular reason but i lift at lunch (NOON) and i get hungry dude!

Tx89 is offline Associate Member
    I used to train fasted for over a year and on my current UD run my depletion sessions will be fasted.
    Theoretically (if cutting) it only has benefits like the GH Output you already mentioned and even greater cAMP activation due to catecholamine increase. To not affect protein synthesis simply consume 5-10gBCAA prior.
    But still Ive seen many people who just cant handle it, maybe its mental, but they dont feel right. Personally I do not notice any negative effects from it, so I do it :-)
    So at the end of the day you just gotta try if you dig it or not.

TopDogg is offline Junior Member
    eazyduzit: your daily calorie intake is so low compared to your daily requirement, and it seems like you're barely dropping weight... if it was me, ill literally be losing 1kg a day on that calorie ratio.
    You need to run more than 40mins to start losing weight. 45mins is the border line, aim for 60-90mins. You should do more, if you want to be under 10% bf. Cardio & diet should top priority, weight lift shouldn't be.

i do not train fasted. i have done it for a week when i tried IF. didnt notice much difference in performance.

i dont intentionally NOT train fasted for any particular reason but i lift at lunch (NOON) and i get hungry dude!
    Yeah i know what you mean man, i usually train around 10:30am so i might give it a shot after looking into it a bit further

Quote Originally Posted by Tx89 View Post
    I used to train fasted for over a year and on my current UD run my depletion sessions will be fasted.
    Theoretically (if cutting) it only has benefits like the GH Output you already mentioned and even greater cAMP activation due to catecholamine increase. To not affect protein synthesis simply consume 5-10gBCAA prior.
    But still Ive seen many people who just cant handle it, maybe its mental, but they dont feel right. Personally I do not notice any negative effects from it, so I do it :-)
    So at the end of the day you just gotta try if you dig it or not.
    I have a feeling it might be a bit brutal for me but i'm not afraid of trying yeah well technically the less food you have the less HSL can be inactivated at that time (less insulin / more catecholamines).
    Thanks for the heads up bro ;P I'll probably give it a shot next tuesday and i'll let you know how it goes!

eazyduzit: your daily calorie intake is so low compared to your daily requirement, and it seems like you're barely dropping weight... if it was me, ill literally be losing 1kg a day on that calorie ratio.
    You need to run more than 40mins to start losing weight. 45mins is the border line, aim for 60-90mins. You should do more, if you want to be under 10% bf. Cardio & diet should top priority, weight lift shouldn't be.
    I thought being on such a deficit i'd be losing a kg a day too or somewhat, but my body hates me again! haha, the thing i was actually afraid of is doing 'too' much cardio, catabolism etc? I did 60 minutes today cause i thought i'd do extra but i'll move my minimum to 60 mins every session from now on and maybe push 75-90 mins on days where i feel i can. Thanks for the tips dude

Day 17

Diet: 800cals AM/2400cals after tension PM workout
    Weight: 78.5kg
    Training: 60 minutes cardio/ab workout before cardio
    Supps: Glutamine, whey, fishoil

--------------------------------------------------------

Note: Cardio today was exhausting! heres the layout

15 minutes (random setting moderate intensity) Cross trainer
    15 minutes (moderate intensity) Bicycle
    30 minutes (normal intensity power walking) Treadmill

I was sweating and my heartrate was between 120-160 the whole time. Maybe i should increase the intensity next cardio session as i wasnt pissing out sweat like i usually do (was still quite fatigued though).
    Abs was also trained before cardio to get blood flow to stubborn areas up, it 'feels' like my stubborn areas have less size on them now. but we'll see how it is after the carb load.

Ps. Here's some current shots
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails (Eazy's Progress log UD2.0)-img_20121005_154131.jpg   (Eazy's Progress log UD2.0)-img_20121005_154041.jpg  

Topdogg, what do u think about the intensity of cardio i should be doing? moderate? more intense? I know HIIT isn't good with UD2.0 (low carb/cal HIIT is brutal and it'll also start eating into muscles for enegry)

easy: since you got the weight already... you need to focus more on cardio than weight lift. Do the intense cardio and run more on a daily basis.
    i was willing to let the first one go but the second one requires a comment. obviously (Top Dogg) you are unfamiliar with the diet he is running. it is UD2.0 and requires specific protocol. starting with 50% maintenance cals for the first 3 days.

i have run this diet with good success WITHOUT ANY cardio and the author suggests cardio being optional. also 90mins cardio is overkill IMO. 60mins is fine. the deficit from this diet comes primarily from DIET NOT cardio.

to say weightlifting should not be top priority is completely WRONG. this diet is structured around diet and training schedule. cardio is the one factor that can be taken or left.

Eazy: cardio during the first 4 days are the best times to do it as well as PM on day 7 to begin depletion. im sure this guy means well but he is incorrect and does NOT know what hes talking about when it comes to this diet.

keep ur cardio at 45-60mins..

Quote Originally Posted by eazyduzit View Post
    Topdogg, what do u think about the intensity of cardio i should be doing? moderate? more intense? I know HIIT isn't good with UD2.0 (low carb/cal HIIT is brutal and it'll also start eating into muscles for enegry)
    a good session a couple days per week:

5min warm up
    10mins HIIT
    5min complete rest (allows FFA build-up)
    20-40mins moderate
    5min cooldown

Thanks for clearing that up man definitely wasnt gonna prioritise weight training under cardio as Lyle dosen't mention anything about that. cheers for the input anyway top dogg.

Cardio will be 45-60 minutes on all low calorie days and i'll leave it at that. Good plan too 405 i'll follow that one, i've never really looked into cardio much coz i've been just trying to add size the past few years. I'll probably grab a skipping rope n do HIIT with that for 10 mins and/or sprints.

Well about to hit the sack now end of the last diet days, starting anabolic phase. (tomorow is full carb load day)

2288 calories 198 protein 26 fat 271 carbs
    so far

+creatine and about 2.5-3 litres of water

The rest i'll be eating tommorow during my off/loading day. I've already had heaps of protein, but that shouldn't be an issue i think. As long as i keep the fat under control and finish off the carbs.

Weighing in at 79.4kg

TopDogg is offline Junior Member
    No problem, but cardio will give your diet a boost. Anyways, you're looking better each time.
    Good luck and Keep it up!

Cheers Top dogg

Day 18

Diet: 3000 cals (had 2400 last night)
    Weight: 81.4kgs
    Training: None
    Supps: Creatine load 20g throughout the day

-------------------------------------------------

Notes: I'm so FULL! haha loving this feast all day just been hammering carbs. (keeping sugar/fats down as much as possbile, bit hard though). No training today, needed the rest but i already miss the gym! Tommorow should be good i can almost 'feel' the glycogen super compensation happening and filling up my muscles, tommorows workout is going to be intense i can see it from now

I'm also looking lean/full, very pleased so far too. Another thing i noticed that even after ALL the food today my love handles and stubborn areas feel smaller! Which means that the partitioning is happening properly

Completely agree to the last statement! I am heavier, fuller...but not at all fatter! I can still see my 'V' whereas it disappears quickly under a layer of bloat when I usually used to pig out.
    Lyle really is one clever mofo :-)

He really is

Day 21

Diet: 1200cals
    Weight: 80.7kgs
    Training: Depletion training
    Supps: Glutamine, whey, fish oil

Note:

I hadn't updated anything here for the past 2 days, those were my moderate calorie days with a power workout which went well on sunday day. Today's depletion workout was an absolute killer! I literally haven't had a depletion workout that intense, i returned to giant sets so maybe that's what caused so much fatigue, but nausea and jelly legs were intense in todays session! Feel great now though just had my last meal and about to jump into bed

Tommorow is the second depletion workout then cardio for 2 days after. Overall i'm feeling a lot more lean, body fat levels feel like they're dropping and u can definitely tell in the mirror. Strength also seems to be on the up during the power workout and in todays depletion session.

all good stuff dude! its pretty cool to get to see u grow in experience with something i have also grown in experience in!

a few more weeks and u will really have a good understanding of things!

Definitely a great learning experience man, i didn't expect to learn this much when i first started!

I can see my second round at UD2 is going to be even better than the first!

Day 22

Diet: 1200 cals
    Weight: 79.4kgs
    Training: Depletion workout
    Supps: same supps as usual

-----------------------------------------------------

Day 23
    Diet: 1200 cals
    Weight: 78kgs
    Training: Cardio
    Supps: Same!

--------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by eazyduzit; 10-10-2012 at 06:58 PM.

Day 24

Diet: 900 cals
    Weight: 77kgs
    Training: HIIT/moderate cardio
    Supps: none

Note: just got back from the gym did my cardio wearing a hoodie sweating like a mofo! jumped on the scale and im light as fu*k, i havent dropped below 78 in a year! gonna eat something then go shopping buy some carbs for the load tonight after my workout! looking good so far i'll see if i can get a pic to upload

Current photo, bit of ab definition starting to come through!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails (Eazy's Progress log UD2.0)-img_20121012_131100.jpg  
    Last edited by eazyduzit; 10-11-2012 at 09:26 PM.

good work man i know ur feeln better!

Good progress man :-) how did you like hoody-cardio? By now I feel like I never wanna do it without :-D

Ps: nice hat, sir!

Thank you guys! The cardio hoodie was awsome man gotta keep that blood flow happneing!

Todays power workout was great, I dont usually bench but i did 1 set of 80kgx6, and 2 sets of 90x4 which is a PB for me
    Other then that just upped the weight slightly compared to last weeks power workout, i definitley noticed some strength gains, i was training fasted too.

Weight: 80.9kgs

Day 26

Depletion workout done, did about 30 minutes moderate walking pace cardio afterwards and felt slight "phantom tingle" in my abs

Feeling a lot stronger and more resilient to the depletion workouts

Day 27

Depletion/ cardio is complete Eating everything i've needed to eat today and now to relax!

Weight: 79.7kg

Sorry if I missed it, but do you measure your progress any other way than scale? (which can obviously be confusing sometimes on UD)

Hope it's all working well for you bro :-)

Day 26

Depletion workout done, did about 30 minutes moderate walking pace cardio afterwards and felt slight "phantom tingle" in my abs

Feeling a lot stronger and more resilient to the depletion workouts
    arent these an interesting phenomena?!

Quote Originally Posted by Tx89 View Post
    Sorry if I missed it, but do you measure your progress any other way than scale? (which can obviously be confusing sometimes on UD)

Hope it's all working well for you bro :-)
    Cheers bruz

This whole time i've just been measuring with eye/scale. Funny you mention it though i just bought a set of 'accu measure' calipers yesterday but i'm still clueless on how to check my BF ^^ I'll watch a few youtube videos i guess. what do u think is a good way to measure?

arent these an interesting phenomena?!
    Indeed they are! (Best feeling!!!)Read SFP, awesome read man! Guide to flexible dieting is next just for a bit of background info

Indeed they are! (Best feeling!!!)Read SFP, awesome read man! Guide to flexible dieting is next just for a bit of background info
    u have that one?

u have that one?
    Yeah i've got it

Well I've always been of the opinion that the mirror plus a measuring tape are the best judges of progress (other than bod pod or other 'professional' equipment)
    So thats how I mainly monitor my Progress :-)
    But I've also got an electronic caliper that I use once per week to back up the Info that tape and mirror give me. But theres always a certain Level of incorrectness with calipers, especially when you use 7 or 9 fold method and have someone Else help you. Of course i also look at the scale, but thats least Important to me.

For example UD week 2 left me 0,1kg heavier, so One could assume Not succesful at all concerning fat loss. But waist went down 0,9cm, bodyfat from 14 to 13.5% and mirror clear as fuark Shows that I'm leaner! So maybe I gained some Muscle while still dropping bodyfat (fuark yeah!) or some of my Food choices during the Carb load made me hold a little more water than the week before.
    So the point Im making is to not rely on the damn scale too much, can be a mind**** :-)

Measuring tape! good idea, i have no clue why i didn't think of that, whereabouts do u measure? once a week should be good enough to compare progress im guessing.

haha yeah definitley i've noticed that with the UD the scale defintiley dosen't match your progress as my weight fluctuates roughly 4kgs a week lmao, but leanness is increasing I think i need to add more cardio in right now this is how i look:

Depletion day one - 45 minutes moderate cardio treadmill HR is 130-140 (I can feel a tightness in my abs i think that means fat loss)
    Depletion day two - Same thing as above
    Day after that - SFP1.0 (5 mins warmup. 10 mins HIIT, 40 minutes moderate cardio)
    Day after that one - SFP2.0 (5 mins warmup, 5 mins short interval HIIT, 40 minutes moderate cardio then 5 mins long interval HIIT, 5 mins cooldown)

That's about what i've done for the past week, seems to be working okay, along with intermittently fasting here and there.

I just saw that you did HIIT after ur tension training, did u do cardio that morning? wouln't it be counter-productive doing cardio twice and weight traning all in one day? If not i might start doing it too lol

Might add some cardio in on the day before the first depletion day too, in the monring ill see if i can fast the night before and go do cardio fasted, that way catecholamines are up, insulin is down n HSL is upregulated.. hopefully i won't be wasting my time that day....

Day 28 18/10/12

Cardio in the moring SFP1.0

weighed about 78.5kgs

Day 29

Was the lightest i'd been in a while this morning i hit 76.2kgs, but this is the lightest i will be all week. 4 days of pretty much 20g carbs a day from veggies and 2 depletions/4 cardios.

SFP2.0 was bearable today, wasnt too difficult.
    weight: 77kgs

Quote Originally Posted by eazyduzit
    Measuring tape! good idea, i have no clue why i didn't think of that, whereabouts do u measure? once a week should be good enough to compare progress im guessing.

haha yeah definitley i've noticed that with the UD the scale defintiley dosen't match your progress as my weight fluctuates roughly 4kgs a week lmao, but leanness is increasing I think i need to add more cardio in right now this is how i look:

Depletion day one - 45 minutes moderate cardio treadmill HR is 130-140 (I can feel a tightness in my abs i think that means fat loss)
    Depletion day two - Same thing as above
    Day after that - SFP1.0 (5 mins warmup. 10 mins HIIT, 40 minutes moderate cardio)
    Day after that one - SFP2.0 (5 mins warmup, 5 mins short interval HIIT, 40 minutes moderate cardio then 5 mins long interval HIIT, 5 mins cooldown)

That's about what i've done for the past week, seems to be working okay, along with intermittently fasting here and there.

I just saw that you did HIIT after ur tension training, did u do cardio that morning? wouln't it be counter-productive doing cardio twice and weight traning all in one day? If not i might start doing it too lol

Might add some cardio in on the day before the first depletion day too, in the monring ill see if i can fast the night before and go do cardio fasted, that way catecholamines are up, insulin is down n HSL is upregulated.. hopefully i won't be wasting my time that day....
    Good work mate :-)
    My main measurement is waist since I Hold most of my fat in the midsection /Love handles/lower back area. But I measure Arms and legs too sometimes just to see whether its staying where it should

Yeah right, 3 days out of my week are brutal with fasted cardio plus weights plus pwo hiit. But I dont think its counterproductive at all because on monday/tuesday all the cardio certainly helps with depletion and on thursday After the Tension workout it is a great Chance to shed bonus fat imo. I mean once you are depleted your Body is forced to use your bf for Energy. So i think all the efforts i can do before the Carb load will be mainly fueled by bodyfat. I cant speak from experience because this is my first week with 2x/Day cardio, but I'm very confident this will be benefitial :-) also I dont have too many options other than that for 2x/day: wednesday evening Tennis, friday is Carb load = no cardio, saturday after power workout I couldnt Take it and dont think it would be clever to do. Only place left as you Said would be sunday evening, the Day before depletion Starts. Maybe I will do something here as I progress but as of now I really need those 2 days a week where I can just relax and recover. I find that especially this week with 2x/Day cardio i'm very tired every evening and definitely need my Minimum of 7hours of sleep to function properly the next Day.
    Why do u think its Counter productive? Maybe im missing something..?

Ahh we are alike, all my fat seems to be lingering around my mid section/lower back too. It's so squishy

Yeah that's starting to make some sense, i didn't know you trained tension training fasted, i guess thats fine if u are extra keen to lose BF If you had the pre workout 15gwhey/30gCho/5gcreatine then ur insulin would be up there inhibiting further fat loss, that was my logic behind it.

It's definitely tiring all the cardio, i've been fasting intermittently here and there i've noticed that when i fast throughout the night, i wake up having required LESS sleep and MORE energized, i feel heaps of benefits its actually quite amazing!

Day 29

Tension training was good! Was lifting a bit heavier, did about 85kg bench on my own which is a PB for me, and 90kg with a spot another PB. Although i had to rush the tension training a bit to go look at a car i want to get, (VW Golf GTI for those of u interested :P ) All in all success.

weight after tension: 77 or something
    Weight now day 30 morning

77.5kg

Oh, and abs are starting to come through! First time in my life and oh what a FEELING!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2012-10-20-01-57-35.jpg 
Views:	462 
Size:	19.7 KB 
ID:	128041
    Last edited by eazyduzit; 10-19-2012 at 06:22 PM.

You look pretty lean in that new avi, defintely the leanest I have seen of you so far, very nice!! :-)
    As to the tension workout: No you were right, I dont do it fasted, but with the pre workout Nutrition lyle suggests. Mhhh didnt think about it this way...there should be a benefit of such an intense cardio session either way, but sunday evening might actually be the better place for it..

Day 29

Oh, and abs are starting to come through! First time in my life and oh what a FEELING!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2012-10-20-01-57-35.jpg 
Views:	462 
Size:	19.7 KB 
ID:	128041
    awesome dude! happy for u

Cheers boys!! Another great motivational boost to keep going

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information