Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    eazyduzit is offline Associate Member

(Eazy's Progress log UD2.0)

18 September 2012 Tuesday day 1

Goal: <10% BF

Alright so it's time to get leaned up for summer in sydney and this years gonna be extra hot! Okay so for most of you that don't know about Lyle Mcdonald's UD2.0 i've heard from a few reliable sources here that it's a great way to get lean! So i'm giving it a shot, been prepping for a week and today is day 1. So here's how it's laid out..

Monday: Fasted Cardio AM / Diet Variable
    Tuesday: Depletion / Lowcarb/calorie
    Wednesday: Depletion / Lowcarb/calorie
    Thursday: Fasted Cardio AM / Low carb/Low Calorie
    Friday: Fasted Cardio AM / Low carb half day / Stard Carbload after HIT training
    Saturday: No training / Carb loading
    Sunday: Power Workout / Diet Variable

The diet numbers are these:

Monday: 2000 calories 200P/65F/223C
    Tuesday: 1200 calories 200P/38F/60C
    Wednesday: 1200 calories 200P/38F/60C
    Thursday: 1200 calories 200P/38F/60C
    Friday: 75% of Low carb day / Carb load diet rest of day (Cuts into saturday)
    Saturday: 5200calories 176P/45F/1040C
    Sunday: 2100 Calories 165P/45F/264C

So the week starts off on tuesday and rolls over again, planning to do this for 4-6 weeks but depending on how i feel might go for 8

Today's Tuesday ate this:

Meal 1
    240ML egg whites
    Fish Oil x2
    Calcium 600mg
    Multi x1
    Vitamin E x2

Meal 2 pwo
    Whey x2 scoop
    Fish Oil x1
    Waxymaze 1 scoop (30g)

Meal 3
    Chicken 240g
    Fish Oil x1
    Veggies 125g
    MCT oil 2tsps

Meal 4
    Chicken 120g
    Fish Oil x1
    Veggies 125g
    MCT oil 2tsps

Meal 5
    Cottage Cheese 100g
    Whey 1 scoop
    Glutamine 2g
    Calcium 1200mg

And the depletion workout today pretty much ruined me but was solid

Leg Press 3x15
    Leg Curls 3x15
    DB Chest press 3x15
    Row 3x15
    Lat raise 2x15
    Calf raise 3x15
    Bicep curls DB 2x15
    Tricep pushdown 2x15

Repeated those exercises twice.

As for supps, pretty much just multis, fish oil, glutamine, whey, creatine on loading days(20g throughout day)

Ps shoutout to 405 for giving me a hand setting up/reccomending ud2.0 and to baseline for also recommending ud2.0!)

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    EAZY im glad to see u started this thread and ill be following

bodyrecomposition also has a forum but i tried it and it sucks.

as far as ur workouts go:

And the depletion workout today pretty much ruined me but was solid

Leg Press 3x15
    Leg Curls 3x15
    DB Chest press 3x15
    Row 3x15
    Lat raise 2x15
    Calf raise 3x15
    Bicep curls DB 2x15
    Tricep pushdown 2x15

this is the same workout i use except on day 1:
    flat bb bench
    lats
    bb curl
    calves
    (i giant set all 4 of these for 3 giant sets then move to

leg press
    leg curl
    shoulder press
    tricep
    (i giant set all 4 of these for 3 giant sets)

then i go back to the first giant set and do 2 more circuits, and then go to the next one and do 2 more circuits and call it a day. ive found this gives the upper body and lower body some recovery time so i can keep my weight higher. i find it also saves time doing the giant sets.

for the first 2 or 3 weeks i used a stopwatch to track time under tension. remember u want to be under tension for 45-60 secs per set. this is important to make sure u optimize ur ability to fully deplete muscle glycogen. by the time ur totally done u should feel weak, exhausted, nausea, possible light-headedness, and maybe a little sick feeling.

the morning of day 2 u should weigh urself (as well as the morning of day 1) to find ur around 3 lbs lighter or possibly more. i have been up to 6lbs lighter the first 24hrs. this is evidence of successful depletion.

day 2 depletion i do the same exercises except i sub flat bb bench for incline bb bench and i sub lats for rows..

hope this helps if u have any questions feel free! (i wish i had someone on here that had already been thru this when i first started!)

Thanks dude
    What do u mean by giant set? So you do 1 set each of the first group, then move onto 1 set of each of the 2nd group and go through them all again 3 times? So ends up being 3 sets of each exercise but more spread out? Sounds like a good idea actually i might try it tomorow

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    this is the same workout i use except on day 1:
    flat bb bench
    lats
    bb curl
    calves
    (i giant set all 4 of these for 3 giant sets then move to

leg press
    leg curl
    shoulder press
    tricep
    (i giant set all 4 of these for 3 giant sets)
    i seemed really fatigued today but i was expecting to be more fatigued, il do the stopwatch thing tommorow on my phone. Thanks for the tips man they're invaluable I'll change around the routine appropriatley

Day 1

Weight: 81.3kg
    BF: 15%
    Diet: 1200 calories 200P/38F/60C
    Sups: Green tea x2, Glutamine 4g , mutli x1, vitamin E x2 , Calcium x2
    Training: Depletion workout (65mins)

Note: Been pretty hungry throughout the day, need to get used to the low cals again. Looking forward to carb fest on friday night. Todays workout was pretty killer but hadn't done a depletion workout before and that was pretty much my "test" workout, going to be extending the duration of the sets to the full 45-60 sec to increase tension. Will report in again tomorow sometime after the second depletion workout.

for hunger i usually consume 200-250oz water each day on days 1-3

as far as 45-60sec per set depletion change ur gonna make: u will hate the workout! but u will love the results if u stick it out for 4 weeks.

Day 2 depletion workout done. Never felt so drained after a workout! Trained

Incline BB bench x15 (45secs)
    Lat pulldown x15-20 (45 secs)
    DB bicep curls x15 each arm (60 secs)
    Calves x20 (45secs)
    Giant setted so no rest in between each one, repeated all that 2 times (With 2 mins rest in between circuits)

Then

Leg press x20 (45-60sec)
    Leg Curls x15 (45sec)
    Skipped shoulder press for some reason (School kids on excursion at gym today hogging all the machines..ffs!)
    tricep x15 (45sec)

Repeated twice as well, felt as if i couldnt stand after this & never felt so fatigued during training, shirt was completely drenched in sweat.

Weight after workout: 80kg (Was 79.5 in the morning before 2 meals)
    Diet: 1200 calories 200P/38F/60C (PWO was 2 scoops/1 scoop carbs)
    Sups: Green tea x1 so far, glutamine 2g, whey, 3 tsps of coffee before workout

Notes:
    Feel extremely drained, physically/mentally. looking forward to my next meal already, just had a shake, gonna smash some water down now. Looking forward to my first fasted cardio tomorow morning, might just go do 45 minutes of jogging, something like that.

for hunger i usually consume 200-250oz water each day on days 1-3

as far as 45-60sec per set depletion change ur gonna make: u will hate the workout! but u will love the results if u stick it out for 4 weeks.
    That was damn intense! Next week i'll write up my own depletion w/o using giant sets, they're bloody intense man! loving it so far!

Quote Originally Posted by eazyduzit View Post
    Day 2 depletion workout done. Never felt so drained after a workout! Trained

Calves x20 (45secs)
    Giant setted so no rest in between each one, repeated all that 2 times (With 2 mins rest in between circuits)

Then

Leg press x20 (45-60sec)
    Leg Curls x15 (45sec)
    Skipped shoulder press for some reason (School kids on excursion at gym today hogging all the machines..ffs!)
    tricep x15 (45sec)

Repeated twice as well, felt as if i couldnt stand after this & never felt so fatigued during training, shirt was completely drenched in sweat.
    hey eazy did u do 5 sets of every major muscle group? from the way u posted i got the impression u only did 3 sets this time..

when i do mine i do 3 giant sets of 1st group

then 3 giant sets of 2nd group

then 2 giant sets of first group

then 2 giant sets of second group so it lookis like this:

[3sets]
    Calves x20 (45secs)

[/B] [3 sets]
    Leg press x20 (45-60sec)
    Leg Curls x15 (45sec)
    tricep x15 (45sec)

[2sets]
    Calves x20 (45secs)

[2 sets]
    [B]Leg press x20 (45-60sec)
    Leg Curls x15 (45sec)
    tricep x15 (45sec)

(with the exception of smaller group i usually do a TOTAL of 3 sets - arms, shoulders, calves)

remember u wanna do 10-12 sets for:

chest
    back
    quads
    hammys

6sets of:
    shoulders
    calves
    arms

remember these totals are over the 2day depletion schedule.. 5-6 sets per day for big groups; 3 sets per day for smaller groups

i hope im making this clear

Ohk so i finally got it lol i got confused, i only did all the sets 3 times, I was fatigued pretty bad already! lol ! Next week it will look like this

Flat DB/Incline BB Bench
    Lat Pulldown
    DB Curls
    Calves

First do 3 giant sets of the first group (go through all sets 3 times except DB curls which is 2) (=11 sets)

Leg Press
    Leg Curls
    Shoulder Press
    Tricep pulldowns

Then do 3 giants sets of the second group (=11 sets) (except tri pulldowns)

After all this do another 2 giant sets of the first group (8 sets all up)

Then another 2 giant sets of the second group. (8 sets all up)

So all up will be around 38 sets each day

Phew, feel better now that it's cleared up xD Definitley not looking forward to next weeks depletion!

So there's no point turning around now i might as well just keep going i guess?

Thnx for clearing that up man

Day 2 finished:

Weight: 79.7
    Diet: 1200cal
    Supps: 5 green teas, 3x calcium, 2g glutamine, whey, powder carbs

Got my first fasted cardio tommorow in the AM, will report back after that

Ur still a bit off.

Chest
    Back
    Quads
    Hammys

5total sets per day

Bis
    Tris
    Shoulders
    Calves
    3-4 total sets per day

This should iron it out for u.

jklipouse is offline Junior Member
    (WOW) this sounds tough i havnt got a chance to read lyle mcdonald 2.0 very interested into reading this!!! this is what base also recommended for me... 405 do you do 2 power days also upper and lower? what does your power days consist of? so iam going to try and get my hands on this book this weekend!!! not unless anyone has a copy!!! as i would think it would help me form a new diet or is there a special formula for this!!!didnt mean to hijack your thread ez!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jklipouse View Post
    (WOW) this sounds tough i havnt got a chance to read lyle mcdonald 2.0 very interested into reading this!!! this is what base also recommended for me... 405 do you do 2 power days also upper and lower? what does your power days consist of? so iam going to try and get my hands on this book this weekend!!! not unless anyone has a copy!!! as i would think it would help me form a new diet or is there a special formula for this!!!didnt mean to hijack your thread ez!!!
    start ur own thread.

Got it Lyle wasn't jokin around when it came to the depletion day training huh? loll

Day 3:

Diet: 1200cal
    Weight: 78.6kg (steady drop due to depletion)
    Training: AM cardio 45 minutes BPM 145-160avg
    Sleep: ~7.5hours (Decent sleep)

--------------------------------

Notes:

Cardio session was pretty intense, had to slow it down about 25 mins in just to pick up my breath and then kept going. Not really looking forward to tommorows fasted cardio but gotta be done. Feel very light/stringy.
    My muscles are in quite a bit of pain, i feel like im dragging my body around right now lol but just had my first meal of the day and getting into it slowly.

Also got my first tension workout tommorow then it's CARB TIME

Quote Originally Posted by jklipouse View Post
    Oh, and check my old thread out for a bit of info on Ud2.0 and i've put a link to download the ebook there too

enjoy

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...)#.UFqD743ibCY

Ps. Disregard those diets i've put up, they're not right for ud2.0
    Last edited by eazyduzit; 09-19-2012 at 08:58 PM.

Hey 405 how does incorporating intermittent fasting into Ud2.0? Maybe on the day after depletion days, and before tension workout. The one day where its only AM fasted cardio, maybe not eat for 16 hours then have a small window to eat the calories?

OR everyday? Except loading days

(Obv wont be doing this anytime soon, just curious, ill be doing normal for at least 4 weeks)
    Last edited by eazyduzit; 09-20-2012 at 05:24 AM.

IMO (and Lyle stresses this) NO modifications should be made that havent been covered by him and i also get the impression even the modifications he suggests are less than favorable when compared to the original plan. the diet is designed with little room for flexibility (which is the only drawback IMO).

i stick to it completely and see no need to modify.

good job BTW making it thru the first 2 depletion days (albeit abbreviated versions). this diet is for people already in decent shape and i have found it very difficult and ive been working out steadily for a year now.

if depletion doesnt seem like a miserable experience for u ur not doing it rite! itll take a couple weeks to get in a good routine and figure out ur weights. to give u an example of my progress when i did it the first go-around i was doing flat bench depletion at 135lbs and now im doing it at 195lbs..

Thought so Perhaps after ud2.0 is over i'll write up another diet that incorporates IF but i'm taking baby steps at a time so far.
    Thanks bro, yeh i know what u mean i'm still getting used to all this and touching up all the incorrect things (Ie depletion exercises the first 2 days) Although depletion did seem pretty miserable! Cant wait for next week *sarcasm intended*

Well Day 3 is over
    Weight: 79.4kg (about 2kg less than 3 days ago)
    Diet: 1200
    Training: AM fasted Cardio
    Supplements: Green Tea x4, Glutamine 2g, whey

-------------------------------------------
    Note:

Just had my last meal about an hour ago, about to hit the sack! Here's a few shots of what i look like atm, don't let the first picture fool you i do have stubborn back fat as i am pointing out in picture 2. Hopefully this will be gone for good soon!!!

Bloody tired! Going to hit the sack now, will post in tomorow after AM cardio. (Carbs tomorow night)

dont feel bad dude i have the same problem in the same area. my bf% came back last sunday at 9% and i still have it! i have to get ot 7.8% for it to be gone. thats not to say u will i talkd to my BBer buddy and he also said thats the LAST place to go for most guys. UGH!!

damn still have the handles at 9%! Hopefully they'll go

Day 4
    AM
    Diet: 900cal
    Training: AM fasted Cardio
    Weight: 78kg in the AM, 79kg after cardio and 2 meals
    Supps: Green Tea x2, Fish oil
    ------------------------------
    Note:

Fasted cardio in the AM was a bit difficult my legs are in quite a bit of pain! First tension workout is in a few hours! And after that carb load I'll report in after the workout

jklipouse is offline Junior Member
    [QUOTE=eazyduzit;6170197]Oh, and check my old thread out for a bit of info on Ud2.0 and i've put a link to download the ebook there too

enjoy

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...)#.UFqD743ibCY

Ps. Disregard those diets i've put up, they're not right for ud2.0[/QUOT

Thanks ez keep up the good work i will be following you !!!

Day 4 PM

Diet: ~3000calories after training (500g carbs)
    Training: Tension training
    Weight: 80kgs
    Supplements: Creatine 10g, Fish Oil, Glutamine 2g

-------------------------------------------------------

Note:

Training was pretty tough, felt out of it though just didnt feel like smashing it so hard, i went at night too (means more people) i usually go during the day so i had to wait around for machines and standing around talking to regulars took up time too. Overall i got home n ate 3 scoops of whey, 3 scoops of carbs, glutamine, creatine and a big ass bowl of cereal i was so BLOATED, that meal was huge i realised after i ate and counted calories it was about 1400cals 200g carbs. After that ate some pasta 500 cals and 324 carbs.

Ok well nothing to do tommorow but eat and relax!

Heres what i trained:

Leg Press 2x10
    Smashed these out, legs looked ripped as ****

Leg Curl 2x10
    Had to stop these half way cause my calves kept cramping

Leg Extensions 2x10
    Went pretty heavy in these my quads are solid

Calf Raise 3x15
    Standard

Bench Press 3x10
    Went pretty crappy in this, had low strength

Seated row 3x10
    Back felt pretty solid today

Incline Bench 2x8
    Went alright in the first set, second set flunked out at 7

Lat pulldowns 3x10
    Pretty solid

Lateral Raises 2x10
    Burned as hell, still getting used to doing these

Bicep Curls 2x12 Each arm
    smashed these, veins in my arms were popping like crazy

Tricep Pushdowns 2x10
    Awesome exercies

be sure on day 5 (carb load) to consume around 5liters of water. (i think thats what it worked out to for me)

be sure on day 5 (carb load) to consume around 5liters of water. (i think thats what it worked out to for me)
    Will do, it's about 6:30pm and ive smashed about 3-3.5 litres so far

Day 5

Calories: 5000
    Weight: 81kg
    Training: None
    Supplements: Creatine

Just been lazing around today doing bits of house work and eating. Feels pretty good, feeling content yet full of juicy carbs! I'm good at eating carbs so this isnt so hard for me

Day 6

Weight: 81.7kg
    Training: Power Training
    Diet: 2100cals
    Supplements: Creatine, Fish oil, Carb powder, whey

---------------------------------------------

Note: Training today was great! Lifting record weights today, the most squats ive done (110kg) Most Lat pulldowns i've done, most bench (90kgs 4 reps but dropped it to 80 to fix form). Overall felt good, extra strength due to carb load, feel full but lean at the same time. After tommorw will be the first week of Ud2.0 and ive gotta say its looking good so far, i even did a few things wrong this week which i will fix next week, i lost count of my calories on the carb load but im sure i ate enough carbs. Will report in tomorow, it wil be my last day of starchy carbs before i go to no carb tuesday, wed, thurs, fri AM.

Power Training

I was with a mate today at training and felt great having a spot, although the whole session took about 2 hours or more.

Here's what it consisted of:

Squats 3 sets 3-6
    Lifting heavy on these after a few warmup sets (110kg)

Leg Press 3 sets 3-10
    Also lifted heavy (200kg not including sled)

Calf Raise 3 sets 6-10
    Calves looked nice and full today

Flat Bench BB 3 sets 3-6
    Did the heaviest i've done today (90kg) Dropped weight to 80kg to perfect form (2-4second negative tension and quick going up)

Bent Over Rows 2 sets 3-6
    Looked freakin vascular as shit in the mirror while doing these great moral boost lol

Incline Bench 3 sets 3-6
    Didn't lift too heavy on this (~55-60kg) But form was good and felt the burn

Lat Pulldowns 3 sets 3-6
    Did the heaviest i've done on pulldowns today.

Shoulder Press 3 sets 3-6
    Used the shoulder press machine felt an awesome burn in shoulders

BB Curl 2 sets 3-6
    Lifted pretty heavy on these too. (30-35kgs)

BB Skull crushers/Close grip bench 2 sets 3-6 each
    Smashed these out at the end with ease, i've been blessed with strong tri's so wasn't too hard

That was pretty much it, i ran out of time towards the end as today is sunday and my gym closes early But overall was a good session, felt that i could have hit legs more but it was a perfect spreadout training session. Now to eat what im supposed to and finish the day off relaxing. Beautiful sunday afternoon here in sydney. Blue skies and birds singing Peace

goog deal man! congrats on making it thru ur first week!

now lets do it all over again! except this time at 5 sets per body part on depletion days instead of 3

goog deal man! congrats on making it thru ur first week!

now lets do it all over again! except this time at 5 sets per body part on depletion days instead of 3
    Thanks bro Just finished the depletion workout! It was pretty tough i did all 5 sets per body part, i felt slightly nausiated/fatigued but i wasn't about to drop to the floor like i was last week, maybe i have grown used to it a little bit more? Any way i had to slowly lower the weight as i went along because i found that i just couldn't push all 15 reps in one go, (My shoulder isn't in the best of conditions either) So when i feel a slight shoudler pain doing presses, i usually stop wait a few seconds and then finish it off.

Other then that i'm looking forward to tomorows second depletion workout. i'm also looking more lean in the mirror now and i'm happy with the way things are going, i missed 2 meals yesterday which im slapping myself for but not going to stress about it and keep going with more motivation than ever. (Went to the beach yesterday and the looks i was getting from girls was priceless, i have a few BB buddies i go with and lets just say we were the center of attention on the beach )

Alright down to the techincal stuf!

Day 8
    Diet: 1200cals
    Training: Depletion workout (60-70 mins)
    Supplements: Glutamine, fish oils, and some test booster i had left over im going to start using
    weight: 80.4kg

For the record i will put up the depletion workout that i did today:

Incline Bench Press 5x15
    Shoulder Press 5x15
    DB Curls 5x15
    Tricep Extensions 5x15

Leg Press 5x15
    Leg Curls 5x15
    Lat Pulldowns 5x15
    Calf raises 5x15

I didn't do all 5 in a row then keep going, i did the first group 3 times, then second 3 times, first 2 times, second 2 times. Weight was optimal but tomorow i'm going to try and lift more.

For the record i will put up the depletion workout that i did today:

Incline Bench Press 5x15
    Shoulder Press 5x15 3 x 15
    DB Curls 5x15 3 x 15
    Tricep Extensions 5x15 3 x 15

Leg Press 5x15
    Leg Curls 5x15
    Lat Pulldowns 5x15
    Calf raises 5x15 3 x 15

I didn't do all 5 in a row then keep going, i did the first group 3 times, then second 3 times, first 2 times, second 2 times. Weight was optimal but tomorow i'm going to try and lift more.
    BOLD is rep count changes. u almost got it right. u did too much this time.

BOLD is rep count changes. u almost got it right. u did too much this time.
    LOL when am i gonna get it right. you're probably sick of repeating urself 405 hahahaha thanks man I did it right today! (finally)

Okay DEPLETION DAY 2 DAY 8

Training: Depletion workout
    Weight: 80.3kg (Weight didn't go down as much as it did last week)

--------------------------------------------

Note: Looking at my weight it's not as low as it was last week on day 2 of depletion. about 2kg's heavier. I think i have to go harder next week during depletion, it's a bit tough without a spot (how do u keep up 405 by urself?) I think i need to go out and get a stop watch and really time my sets and rest periods. It's still intense but not AS intense as some people go through.

Tomorow i plan to do abs at the gym. Maybe fasted? Then fasted cardio on thursday with Tension training that night.

Here's a few progress pics.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails (Eazy's Progress log UD2.0)-untitled.jpg   (Eazy's Progress log UD2.0)-untitled2.jpg  

yes on the stopwatch. thats why i told you in the beginning to get one silly! i wasnt just typing a sentence for the sake of typing a sentence!

time under tension is fundamental for establishing a proper depletion workout. if u dont spend enuff time under tension u will not fully deplete muscle glycogen. glycogen depletion is the basis for the entire diet.

GET A STOPWATCH!

I was using an app on my phone for interval stopwatch last week but stopped using it just orderd a casio watch with a stopwatch timer in it so i can have it on my wrist while i train

Day 9

Training: Abs/30 mins cardio
    Weight: 79.5kgs
    Supplements: whey, fish oil, glutamine 2g

--------------------------------------------------------------

Note:

Fasted ab workout and 30 minutes cardio this morning was intense, i was dripping in sweat and my shirt had gone from grey to black from water. I got comments that i was looking leaner, my arms have got a pump still from yesterdays depletion workout. All i've got to do the rest of the day is eat and relax, look forward to the carb load tommorow night!

Tx89 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eazyduzit
    Hey 405 how does incorporating intermittent fasting into Ud2.0? Maybe on the day after depletion days, and before tension workout. The one day where its only AM fasted cardio, maybe not eat for 16 hours then have a small window to eat the calories?

OR everyday? Except loading days

(Obv wont be doing this anytime soon, just curious, ill be doing normal for at least 4 weeks)
    Hey man, I'm not 405 and he sure is #1 Source UD wise, but after reading thru it twice I am 100% sure IF can be incorporated(the non loading days if course) in the UD.
    Why? Because fasting does exactly what Lyle sets as a Goal for the fat loss phase: lowering and stabilizing insulin and increasing catecholamines to get perfect mobilization, transport und oxidation of fatty acids. Aisst that with caffeine/grean tea combo (or Ephe/clen and Yohimbin before cardio if u want) and you're gtg.

Sure generally he says to be careful with modifications, but this one could actually prove to be benefitial. Somewhere he says about Nutrition during the fat loss phase that its purpose is to mimick fasting as good as possible. So fasting during that phase should be absolutely ok.

I'll probably start UD myself soon and will definitely incorporate IF for the above reasons :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Tx89 View Post
    Hey man, I'm not 405 and he sure is #1 Source UD wise, but after reading thru it twice I am 100% sure IF can be incorporated(the non loading days if course) in the UD.
    Why? Because fasting does exactly what Lyle sets as a Goal for the fat loss phase: lowering and stabilizing insulin and increasing catecholamines to get perfect mobilization, transport und oxidation of fatty acids. Aisst that with caffeine/grean tea combo (or Ephe/clen and Yohimbin before cardio if u want) and you're gtg.

Sure generally he says to be careful with modifications, but this one could actually prove to be benefitial. Somewhere he says about Nutrition during the fat loss phase that its purpose is to mimick fasting as good as possible. So fasting during that phase should be absolutely ok.

I'll probably start UD myself soon and will definitely incorporate IF for the above reasons :-)
    Interesting dude, i obviously don't have as much experience in UD as 405 does and yeh he's #1 source for this! Although i have done a little bit of research into incorporating IF into UD2 and people on body recomposition forums looks like have tried it with success. Apparently it's possible to use IF on all days besides carb loads days, so for me would be Thursday/Friday. Tx if u do decide to try it out make a thread or something because i'll definitley be following, although for now i'm going to stick with 405's and Lyle's advice and keep UD2 and IF seperate.

Maybe in about 4-6 weeks time i'll start phasing in IF but for now i want to see what results i get from UD2 alone, so far so good by the looks of it. At the end of the day these are all 'tools' to get ripped and you can use them at a later stage whenever you want, IF isn't going anywhere

Tx89 is offline Associate Member
    I sure will mate :-)
    Yeah, by no means I meant to encourage you to try it or not follow the original plan, because UD 2.0 imo is put together very wisely and will work if done with discipline.
    Also I am not a big fan of randomly mixing up all kinds of approaches, dont get me wrong here guys. The Thing is I'm a big time IF lover and know this shit works very well for me, it has become more of a Lifestyle for me than a 'diet'.
    I would have no problem leaving IF for 6-8 weeks if it wasnt fitting and counterproductive in any way to the UD and just do it the Way it is originally laid out. Actually thats the reason i read thru UD a second Time very thoroughly to double Check if theres anything speaking against IF, because like you and 405, I certainly dont wanna spoil it. But as I explained in the Last point, theres nothing wrong with IF, if anything it could be benefitial. I personally think that the only reason lyle didnt incorporate IF as a means in the fat loss phase is because it might be too much and overwhelming for ppl who arent used to IF. Cyclical keto Approach with low cals and depletion workouts PLUS fasting might be too Hard for ppl Not used to this lifestyle.

yeah man definitely i know well by all means it sounds like it makes sense, as long as u get the calories that are needed in during the day according to the UD diet it technically shouldn't really matter if IF is incorporated or not, just as long as ur not having a big carb meal straight after a depletion workout. It's probably just personal preference, from the research i've gathered on the subject people have great results with and without including IF, as long as it's helping u adhere to the diet. Well that's my uneducated opinion.

Day 10

Weight: 82.2kg before bed
    Diet: 75% low cals day/rest carb load
    Training: Abs/Cardio Tension workout
    Supplements: Whey, Creatine, Protein, Fish oil, glutamine

------------------------------------------------------------

Note:

Today was a long day, got up and did AM fasted cardio along with another abs session in the morning. After that did tension workout which felt pretty good, pushed some decent weights and was happy with the outcome. I've been carbing up all night after the session, got home n had a shake straight up (50g P, 150g C, gluatmine 2g, Creatine 5g) after an hour had 4 crossiants, 5 small doghnuts, then big bowl of fruitloops, 2 slices of lasagne after that, and 3 brown bread chicken sandwiches, was feeling extremely drowsy due to the serotonin release after all the carbs. Farts arent smelling great either tommorow will be a big carb day, im just trying to keep all my food intake recorded because last week i lost track of what i was eating and just ate heaps

Today was a long day, got up and did AM fasted cardio along with another abs session in the morning. After that did tension workout which felt pretty good, pushed some decent weights and was happy with the outcome. I've been carbing up all night after the session, got home n had a shake straight up (50g P, 150g C, gluatmine 2g, Creatine 5g) after an hour had 4 crossiants, 5 small doghnuts, then big bowl of fruitloops, 2 slices of lasagne after that, and 3 brown bread chicken sandwiches, was feeling extremely drowsy due to the serotonin release after all the carbs. Farts arent smelling great either tommorow will be a big carb day, im just trying to keep all my food intake recorded because last week i lost track of what i was eating and just ate heaps
    remember carb load IS NOT FAT LOAD!!

last time i chekd croissants, doughnuts, and lasagna had a lot of fat in it.

remember carb load IS NOT FAT LOAD!!

last time i chekd croissants, doughnuts, and lasagna had a lot of fat in it.
    Its cool man i had all the macros in check haven't written up anything in 2 days but everything was going normally just didn't have time to check into here!

Carb load went well, im 95% sure i hit my carb macros, im going to be more strict this weeks load and write a new diet for that day.

Day 14
    Diet: 1200 cals
    Weight: 80.3kg but i look a bit more lean and full
    Training: Pump training

-------------------------------------------

Notes: Depletion was pretty damn hard today, still trying to figure stuff out, weights/limits etc but getting there slowly slowly.

Day 15

Weight: 81kg taken end of day
    Training: Pump training (depletion)
    Supplements: Whey, Fish oil, calcium, glutamine

---------------------------------------------------------

Notes: Felt decent today, depletion training was a bitch yet again, i keep feeling that i should push myself harder, i didn't get much nausea/fatigue this time. I'm feeling that i didn't actually hit glycogen depletion properly as my weight hasn't gone down drastically like it did earlier. (~2-3kg). i think the problem with todays workout was i didn't giant set anything. Next week i'm going to jump back onto giant sets as i felt a lot more fatigued that way, although it doesn't make much sense as i only had about 30-45 secs rest between sets today. Maybe i'm just being meticulous as i'm keen to see more results. But going to keep going with the way things are.

hey 405 if you check out this thread, just one question man if i feel like i didn't hit full glycogen depletion, would it be wise to go gym tommorow and do yet another depletion workout? Just as intense or maybe cut it in half? Thoughts?

Cheers

if u do the required work at the gym on days 1 & 2 and spend the proper time under tension i wouldnt go so much by how u feel. some weeks will be easier than others. after about 4 cycle u should get thru the workouts and not feel like u did the first 2 cycles. ur body will adjust.

i would not add another depletion. do whats required and run the program

TopDogg is offline Junior Member
    easy: since you got the weight already... you need to focus more on cardio than weight lift. Do the intense cardio and run more on a daily basis.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information