Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    krugerr is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Digsy, I used that site in connection with the thread for these forums.
    That site gave me between 17-19% depending on which of the tests I did. I'm not too fussed, they were cheap calipers and I'll continue to do the measurements to record if there are any changes across the points. But I'm not using it as an accurate BF estimate. I'll go get a professional one done once you guys say I like around the 20%mark.

I find I have to superset to get doms for arms normally.

Day 16:

Eggs and gammon for breakfast today. Used the majority of my fat allowance. But it was worth it!
    Off to do some bloody DIY at the mother-in-laws

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Krug. i believe in goals....and yours is most interesting. Whatever it takes! LOL

I read thru your thread and pleased that you cut out the milk and cheese and added the cardio. these are all positive measures. some of the other fellas follow a 60/20/20 split when cutting but i think you need to figure out how your body responds and then make slight adjustments. keep your diet tight. diet is key!

Quote Originally Posted by SteM View Post
    Because I'm assuming, like most if us, you want a muscular lean physique rather than a lean physique that's muscular. Make sense? You said you are tired lifting after cardio, this way you can give your all to lifting weights then do your cardio.

Best way to warm up for lifting is to lift with lighter weights for a few sets before your heavy lifts and maybe some dynamic stretching.
    Krug. i hope you don't mind if i ask Sir SteM to elaborate on this, either in your thread, or mine. When reading thru Krug's thread, this post and point made me pause and I am not sure that it makes sense to me, so much, that i am not sure what i want, tho leaning toward the latter!

Thank you Krug for the interuption in your thread....carry on

You're more than welcome to have that conversation in this thread, it's on topic, and it's more for me to learn!
    I'm surprised to say I'm actually starting to enjoy the cardio! I haven't done any running yet, but cycling/CrossTrainer I love!
    Milk and cheese are gone. It pains me, but it had to be done.
    Thanks for reading!

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    GGR it's all about emphasis in a particular body style you want. In simple terms, would you rather look like a 100m sprinter over a 400 m sprinter. The former tends to focus more on size for power . Both types are probably equally as lean.

Point being, if you are not as bothered about muscle size then by all means do your cardio first.

When I PT'd it was extremely rare that any of my clients did their cardio first unless they had specific cardio goals. For almost everybody, gaining LBM is extremely difficult (naturally) so why make that job harder by lifting when tired!

Make sense?
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

GGR it's all about emphasis in a particular body style you want. In simple terms, would you rather look like a 100m sprinter over a 400 m sprinter. The former tends to focus more on size for power . Both types are probably equally as lean.

Point being, if you are not as bothered about muscle size then by all means do your cardio first.

When I PT'd it was extremely rare that any of my clients did their cardio first unless they had specific cardio goals. For almost everybody, gaining LBM is extremely difficult (naturally) so why make that job harder by lifting when tired!

Make sense?
    I am a 400 m sprinter type physic but want the 100m sprinter look Typical, want what I don't have/don't appreciate what I do have. I work my lifts in when I can either and sometimes lift and then spin and then finish lifting. I come to realize (most recently) that i must incorporate more lifting into my program in order to change a few areas of my body. I know that I can only grow muscles from lifting and want to lose 8 lbs of fat so am trying to figure out the most EFFICIENT WAY both of these! Seems I need to be lifting first/cardio second and never NEVER do leg days after spinning LOL!

T/y Krug for my interruption and for Sir's response and explanation.

digsy1983 is offline Member

Make sense?
    does muscle type come more into play with this?

i.e doing cardio then wights is training the muslces to become a slow twitch fibre muscle cos this is where the muslce is being worked/used more? any weight session after cardio is going to be limited intensity and less power thus not causing the muscle to work/develop into a fast twitch fibres as it would from a higher intensity session without the cardio previous?

Just a curious thought. I have a bottle of Testoviron in the cupboard from an over-order a little while ago. (Test Ent 300mg/ml) should I chuck this in at 300mg a week for 10 weeks to add a little oomph to my workouts?
    Or would that be entirely pointless?

Krugerr

id say it would be best kept for when you can utalize it better. if your wanting it to gain LBM the diet you are doing wont yeld much results and if youre wanitng it to protect LBM while cutting, your (sorry about this) high BF levels will protect from losing LBM. could come in handy about 10-12%BF if still cutting or very handy on a bulking diet.

just my 0.2.

Quote Originally Posted by digsy1983
    id say it would be best kept for when you can utalize it better. if your wanting it to gain LBM then diet you are doing wont yeld much results and if youre wanitng it to protect LBM while cutting, your (sorry about this) high BF levels will protect from losing LBM. could come in handy about 10-12%BF if still cutting or very handy on a bulking diet.

just my 0.2.
    Good feedback. Valid point! It's been staring at me from my supplement cupboard for a few months. I thought I'd ask the experts! Lol. You know how it is. I'll save it for my Tren /Test/Mast course at 15% !!
    Also, don't worry. I know I have high BF!
    Last edited by krugerr; 10-21-2012 at 11:53 AM.

youll have to wait till the experts reply then mate!

im only speaking cos i did a var cycle when i was roughly 22%. i seen its as a quick solution, but really it was just a waste of time, money, effort and stress on my body that it didnt really need. looking back now i really wouldnt do it again as it was pointless.

Fair do buddy! I'll keep that in mind!

does muscle type come more into play with this?

i.e doing cardio then wights is training the muslces to become a slow twitch fibre muscle cos this is where the muslce is being worked/used more? any weight session after cardio is going to be limited intensity and less power thus not causing the muscle to work/develop into a fast twitch fibres as it would from a higher intensity session without the cardio previous?
    Ha ha, nice thoughts. In reality it's all about lifting with the correct intensity and a higher weight, thereby giving better results in terms of muscle building.

I have to say, I've been experimenting recently with different rep ranges for various reasons and am actually finding benefit from mixing up higher and lower reps, in terms of muscle growth. This way I am actually working fast and slow twitch throughout this workout regimen.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

ha, if ya ever need anything over thought, just give me a shout! lol

ha, if ya ever need anything over thought, just give me a shout! lol
    No mate, it's good to think. If you don't, you end up like every other drone out there!!'n
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Day 17:

Sat in a lecture and I'm so bloody bored that all I can think of is my stomach! Heading to the gym around 3 for a chest session and cardio!

6:15pm -
    Just finished chest and 40mins cardio.
    I've found that doing my sets in a press/fly/press/fly manor gives me the most incredible doms.

Today was:

Flat dumbell press-- (warmup)(10x28kg)(10x32kg)(8x36kg)
    Flat dumbell fly - 4sets (12x12kg) real slow negative with deep stretch on every rep.
    Incline dumbell press -- (12x28kg)(10x32kg)(failure @ 36kg)
    Incline/decline cable crossover -- medium weight, failure on each set, with 1 drop. Ie, each set is to failure, drop the weight and failure again. Very slow deep movements.

My strength is really compromised with this workout. But the doms is fantastic!
    Last edited by krugerr; 10-22-2012 at 11:20 AM.

Just updated today's gym session. Had so e annoying guy get on the bike next to me after I'd been in for 25 mins. He cranked the bike difficulty right up, and pedalling as hard as he could, he kept looking at my display until he caught up my distance. Then he got off and went on the running machine. Wtf?

MR-FQ320 is offline This means war!
    Quote Originally Posted by krugerr View Post
    Just updated today's gym session. Had so e annoying guy get on the bike next to me after I'd been in for 25 mins. He cranked the bike difficulty right up, and pedalling as hard as he could, he kept looking at my display until he caught up my distance. Then he got off and went on the running machine. Wtf?
    Obviously thought he had some kind of point to prove to either himself or you,

Quote Originally Posted by MR-FQ320

Obviously thought he had some kind of point to prove to either himself or you,
    He was probably thinking "why isn't this guy going as hard and fast as possible? Lazy bastard!!"

We have quite a few Asian members at my gym, they're all quite young and seem to like maxing out on the bike, running machine and rowing machine. Not sure if maybe it's just a cultural training thing? They tend to favor full-body workouts too.

Note, that's just an observation from my gym. I'm not stereotyping.

Yeah I've seen those stereotypical types at a couple of gyms I attend, they tend to do full body once a month. Ha looooosers. Lol.

Hahaha! These guys use all the machines in my gym, plus all the cardio machines, and usually complete that workout in 30mins. Intense!

Yeah and spend the rest of the time chatting and shit. Time for the headphones when these guys appear. Haha

Agreed!! I find headphone during my workout awkward though. I'm always pulling them out, catching the cable, knocking my iPhone. I end up getting annoyed, typically, 1 ear peice will fall out the second I start my set.

I might get one of the armband things and run the cable up my back. See if that's easier!

Day 18:

Damn. Overnight my flexibity disappeared over night. Just tying my shoes this morning made my legs hurt, in definite need of some stretching when I get home today.
    Tuesdays are my worst day, I have 8hours solid of lectures with no break. Lame!

sounds a rough day that bud! but at least youre safe from guys on exercise bikes tho! every cloud and all that. lol

That's true! Just got a nice text from the Mrs saying she got me a steak for dinner! Yum!

Tomorrow I'm off Uni, so a good solid back session and some cardio in the morning I think!

no updates on the bathroom scale readings???

I use two different gyms. A really good gym for morning sessions and training with my step-father. And a crap local gym for the evening sessions.
    The crap local one put me at 17.5stone (245lbs) yesterday, that was in the evening having several meals and a lot of water in me.
    However, I'm am only using the morning weight at the proper gym for my official weekly weigh-ins.

So tomorrow morning will be the weekly weigh in! I think it should be good. I'm feeling a little slimmer now, and I can see it in the mirror.

Day 19:

Had a real good back session this morning. My strength was lagging in deadlifts though, only managed 340lbs for 3. I normally get it for 5 and move up to 365lbs. Nevermind, really felt the burn.
    Due to being so exhausted after this I kept the cardio to 25 mins.

Planning my cheat meal day on Sunday. Pancakes for breakfast, pizza for dinner and Icecream!
    Tonight is a large 4egg omelette and a can of tuna! Nom!

Quote Originally Posted by krugerr
    Planning my cheat meal day on Sunday. Pancakes for breakfast, pizza for dinner and Icecream!
    Tonight is a large 4egg omelette and a can of tuna! Nom!
    I like Sundays meal better!
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Nah, I've always had a sweet tooth and a real love of fast food!

Day 20:

Really suffering with Doms today. Lucky I'm on in Uni for a short time then home and off for a gym session!!
    Had a super long hot bath and got the mrs to give me a massage! Awesome!
    Last edited by krugerr; 10-25-2012 at 02:06 PM.

Feel like my weightloss isn't fast enough. Should I reduce my carb intake to 50g or less, with a refeed every 7 days? Or should I bare with it, as it is only day 20. I'm such an impatient hulk lol.

The scales were broken Wednesday, tomorrow morning I'll get a fasted weigh-in. Tomorrow is also sunbed and arms day! Followed by 45mins cardio.

50g and refeed every 7th day sounds good to me. When is the next refeed?

Adjust as required man ie go for it, no point in waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by krugerr View Post

Im now using 2600calories as my daily requirement, putting me ~700 calories in deficit, this hasnt really affected me though. I am feeling a little hungry towards the last few hours of fasting, but nothing major.

I've been slowing increasing my protein and decreasing my carbs. Not deliberately, but it just works out easier.
    The last couple days have been approximately:
    50% protein (323g)
    30% fat (86g)
    20% carb. (138g)

The fat is coming mainly from some cheese, and full-fat milk. I'll cut the milk down, and use some water to reduce that, bringing it more into 60/20/20.
    I'm feeling a lot more full with the higher protein and lower carbs. Calipers are in the mail, so I hope to have pictures and BF% update around day 14-16.

Krugerr
    is this still what your diet set up is??

are you still doing IF? can i ask why, if you dont mind. ?

are you losing aprox 2lbs a week? thats a good weight to lose, any more and you will more than likely reducing your LBM at the same time.

i found 7-8 meals a good plan to follow. meant i could structure my carbs PreWO and PWO with the rest of my meals being protein or protein/fat.
    i cut with 2200 cals 60/20/20.

There's no pint going sub 50g unless you go sub 20g and go into ketosis. That's a whole different story altogether.

Get your fasted weigh in and let's see how quickly it's dropping.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Oh yea forgot you were doing IF.

Day 21:
    Morning weight 248lbs. So that's 2lbs since last Monday. Is it possible that ice dropped some BF and gained some muscle, since my diet is a lot higher in protein now?

Or, any suggestions for changes to diet? Should I stick with IF? Change? Change my split?
    Last edited by krugerr; 10-26-2012 at 11:25 AM.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information