Results 1 to 18 of 18
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By < <Samson> >

Thread: ? ? ? Carb Cycling? ? ? 405 ?

  1. #1
    < <Samson> >'s Avatar
    < <Samson> > is online now Swollen
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    AZ Side
    Posts
    10,896
    Blog Entries
    2

    ? ? ? Carb Cycling? ? ? 405 ?

    I been trying out this carb cycling shat a bit for a few weeks now. Works. . . . . I pushed low carbs before to ketosis for weight loss.

    But, it was very short.

    Question one: How do you feel when you are very low on carbs? I don't feel tired or lethargic, but I feel shittier and jittery. But, I am running a EC stack in parallel with this.

    Question two: How do you treat your low carb days Vs. carb up days? Low carbs on non workout days or the other way around?



    I got a little bit over fifteen pounds to lose, so nothing too crazy.
    davimeireles likes this.

  2. #2
    --->>405<<---'s Avatar
    --->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    12,819
    [QUOTE=< <Samson> >;6176405]I been trying out this carb cycling shat a bit for a few weeks now. Works. . . . . I pushed low carbs before to ketosis for weight loss.

    But, it was very short.

    Question one: How do you feel when you are very low on carbs? I don't feel tired or lethargic, but I feel shittier and jittery. But, I am running a EC stack in parallel with this.
    when im on low/no carbs i feel ok really. the workouts are a bit tuffer but other than that im GTG.. EC stack def will make u jittery and feel like a crackhead..

    Question two: How do you treat your low carb days Vs. carb up days? Low carbs on non workout days or the other way around?
    the way i cycle my carbs is i run 3-4days of veggies only (65g carbs worth) and meat. i do total body glycogen depletion workouts on day 1 and 2 and then on day 4 have some carbs pre workout followed by day 5 high carb refeed (off day).

    day 6 is a heavy weight low rep workout. day 7 is off. i run a 7 day cycle. its a specific diet. glycogen depletion is what u want because then ur body is forced to burn fat for fuel instead of blood glucose or muscle glycogen cuz u have none of either..

    have u read the thread: "hey 405 what is carb cycling?" if not i suggest cheking it out. IMO a 2 day low carb followed by a refeed is not as efficient in burning fat..


    I got a little bit over fifteen pounds to lose, so nothing too crazy.

  3. #3
    < <Samson> >'s Avatar
    < <Samson> > is online now Swollen
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    AZ Side
    Posts
    10,896
    Blog Entries
    2
    Aight, makes sense. On my low carb days I only eat veggies and oats for carbs. Also I get a few from the Greek Yogurt I add to my shake.


    I am thinking of pushing to about the same then. 3-4 days damn near zero carb, then 1-2 days of carb up days. Still stick to healthy carbs on carb up days for the most part. Hit harder workouts on the low carb days for the first 2 days anyway.

    Still do fasted cardio on whatever days too.

    Just don't know what to do on carb up days.

  4. #4
    --->>405<<---'s Avatar
    --->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    12,819
    if u havent chekd out the thread chek it out. a good 7day cycle would look something like this:

    day1: no/low depletion/am fasted cardio
    day2: no/low depletion/am fasted cardio
    day3: no/low/cardio only
    day4: high/am fasted cardio/pm workout chest/bi/tri
    day5: moderate/ legs
    day6: moderate/back/shoulders
    day7: moderate(finish all carbs by 15:00) off/pm cardio(optional) no lifting

  5. #5
    < <Samson> >'s Avatar
    < <Samson> > is online now Swollen
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    AZ Side
    Posts
    10,896
    Blog Entries
    2
    Looks good. . . I doubt I will be that strict with fasted cardio Vs. my lift days. But, I will concentrate on lifting on carb on days.

    The lower I drop my Bf% the better, well to a point. I don't think I want to shoot for single digits this time. Just 10-12% then cycle again.

  6. #6
    Tx89's Avatar
    Tx89 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    226
    Subbed and in for this :-)
    We seem to have almost identical mid-term goals and approaches Samson. Lets roll

  7. #7
    digsy1983's Avatar
    digsy1983 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    costa del England
    Posts
    601
    If you're serious about carb cycling I'd suggest reading the book by lyle mcdonald. It explains why you do the depletion workouts and explains the science behind the carb load etc.
    I started carb cycling about 3 weeks ago after spending some time setting up and id of saved myself a bit of time and effort if if just read the book. Its far more advanced than I thought cos the workouts and the diet are as important as each other. Alot more involved than I originally thought.

  8. #8
    < <Samson> >'s Avatar
    < <Samson> > is online now Swollen
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    AZ Side
    Posts
    10,896
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx89 View Post
    Subbed and in for this :-)
    We seem to have almost identical mid-term goals and approaches Samson. Lets roll
    From your Avi, that's what I am shooting for. You seem to be ahead of me mang.

  9. #9
    --->>405<<---'s Avatar
    --->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    12,819
    Quote Originally Posted by digsy1983 View Post
    If you're serious about carb cycling I'd suggest reading the book by lyle mcdonald. It explains why you do the depletion workouts and explains the science behind the carb load etc.
    I started carb cycling about 3 weeks ago after spending some time setting up and id of saved myself a bit of time and effort if if just read the book. Its far more advanced than I thought cos the workouts and the diet are as important as each other. Alot more involved than I originally thought.
    samson the sample workout and diet above i gave u is NOT ultimate diet 2.0 that digsy was referencing. it is very similar but NOT the same. i prefer UD2 because of the massive refeed on day 5 and im a pig and love to pig out. but u have to read the book and follow the diet exactly IMO like digsy said. u can however cycle ur carbs without UD2 which is how i did it at first and then i switched to UD2 after several weeks on a std carb cycle diet.

  10. #10
    Tx89's Avatar
    Tx89 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    226
    Thanks mate! Currently sitting at 95kg and around ~14%bf...wanna hit 10% at least, 8-9% if possible. Will try it by cycling my carbs. UD 2.0 is great, enjoyed that a Lot thanks to 405 :-) still hesitant to give it a go because im in love with my High frequency conpound based sessions, but from all Ive read and heard theres hardly a better Approach for those already in decent shape that try to get to Single digits. I think im gonna do it

  11. #11
    --->>405<<---'s Avatar
    --->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    12,819
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx89 View Post
    Thanks mate! Currently sitting at 95kg and around ~14%bf...wanna hit 10% at least, 8-9% if possible. Will try it by cycling my carbs. UD 2.0 is great, enjoyed that a Lot thanks to 405 :-) still hesitant to give it a go because im in love with my High frequency conpound based sessions, but from all Ive read and heard theres hardly a better Approach for those already in decent shape that try to get to Single digits. I think im gonna do it
    these terms still confuse me. LOL.. what does a high frequency compound workout look like over a weeks time?? the reason i ask is cuz UD2 is high frequency compound movements as in u lift total body 4 days out of 7 and do compound movements?? u hit every bodypart 4x per week. is this not high frequency?

  12. #12
    Tx89's Avatar
    Tx89 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    226
    Yeah bro, you're right. I didnt make it clear enough. Per defintion high frequency would be at least 5times a week, but what the heck, atm I mostly do only 4 and to me it is also high frequency what I actually meant was more the kind of workout you do, because a typical session with like for example deads, bent over row and military press all done at low reps with the goal to get stronger and Chansing PRs. This differs quite a Lot from the Depletion workouts UD style, even if both are generally whole body workouts. Thats what i meant bro :-)
    Btw I just completed my First Depletion Session ever...all I can say is fuuuuuuuaaaaaark!! Its a Lot more demanding than I thought man, it was pain! But I totally dig it! Enjoyed the change and anyways, pain is temporary, but pride is forever right?

  13. #13
    --->>405<<---'s Avatar
    --->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    12,819
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx89 View Post
    Yeah bro, you're right. I didnt make it clear enough. Per defintion high frequency would be at least 5times a week, but what the heck, atm I mostly do only 4 and to me it is also high frequency what I actually meant was more the kind of workout you do, because a typical session with like for example deads, bent over row and military press all done at low reps with the goal to get stronger and Chansing PRs. This differs quite a Lot from the Depletion workouts UD style, even if both are generally whole body workouts. Thats what i meant bro :-)
    Btw I just completed my First Depletion Session ever...all I can say is fuuuuuuuaaaaaark!! Its a Lot more demanding than I thought man, it was pain! But I totally dig it! Enjoyed the change and anyways, pain is temporary, but pride is forever right?
    LOL.. yeh ur rite the depletion is very difficult. i think the more i do it the more i dread it cuz the pain is ingrained into my head now.. if ur running UD2 id be interested to see ur numbers from ur diet. u gonna start a thread?

  14. #14
    < <Samson> >'s Avatar
    < <Samson> > is online now Swollen
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    AZ Side
    Posts
    10,896
    Blog Entries
    2
    Hey damn it. . . You said you felt fine. . . lol


    Yeah, I am on day 3 of damn near no carbs. Uggggh. . . . . . I feel like shat. Plus the EC isn't helping.

  15. #15
    Tx89's Avatar
    Tx89 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    226
    I will go thru everything again and figure a setup out 100%, but chances are good UD is gonna be tested ;-) and yeah why not log it, but I warn you...im a lazy ass logger lol

  16. #16
    --->>405<<---'s Avatar
    --->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    12,819
    Quote Originally Posted by < <Samson> > View Post
    Hey damn it. . . You said you felt fine. . . lol


    Yeah, I am on day 3 of damn near no carbs. Uggggh. . . . . . I feel like shat. Plus the EC isn't helping.
    i do feel fine from low carb/no carb diet..

    the pain is in the workout.. depletion workout.. NOT DIET AND/OR LOW CARBS

  17. #17
    --->>405<<---'s Avatar
    --->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    12,819
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx89 View Post
    I will go thru everything again and figure a setup out 100%, but chances are good UD is gonna be tested ;-) and yeah why not log it, but I warn you...im a lazy ass logger lol
    LOL.. funny

  18. #18
    < <Samson> >'s Avatar
    < <Samson> > is online now Swollen
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    AZ Side
    Posts
    10,896
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post

    the pain is in the workout.. depletion workout.. NOT DIET AND/OR LOW CARBS
    That's a part of it. . . . I felt way more solid when I was on a bulk and can pull through way meaner workouts.


    It's all good. . . My fat must go.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •