krugerr is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Hey all, I was sat watching TV last night, hugging down the last of my daily water intake. On one of my frequent trips to the bathroom, I got to thinking.

What is the advantages of so much consumption each day? I tend to get through a US gallon (3.5litres) of water, plus tea/coffee/milk. I see some guys say they drink at least 2gallons when on cycle.
    When you get over two litres, what's the bonus? Can you drink too much?

Krugerr

eazyduzit is offline Associate Member
    bump good question

I thought so, I mean, my pee is clear all day on 2litres of water/day so why do some guys say they drink upto 2gallons?

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    There is no set amount but AAS love water so, if your intake is low normally, then up it during cycle.

Make sure you are hydrated before and during your workout. If you are thirsty you are likely dehydrated already.

Can you drink too much? You can drink so much that you flush out all your nutrients and you can die, though that is rare.

I reckon I drink abou 3-4 litres a day on a workout day. That includes my tea and coffee.

Thank you for the reply mate. I think I'll keep my intake at around 4litres a day. It wakes me up at night, but I feel better now I have upped it.

Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Was always told tea coffee, protein, pre work out drinks. All are made with water but never go into your daily intake

Quote Originally Posted by goode80
    Was always told tea coffee, protein, pre work out drinks. All are made with water but never go into your daily intake
    If you drink caffeine to excess it will dehydrate you. I don't and, as its a liquid, I included it. TBH, as long as I'm not thirsty I don't care how much I drink. It's really not that important off cycle.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SteM View Post

If you drink caffeine to excess it will dehydrate you. I don't and, as its a liquid, I included it. TBH, as long as I'm not thirsty I don't care how much I drink. It's really not that important off cycle.
    Totally agree with excess on caffeine. But never include it into daily intake. But exactly like u said drink until u aren't thirsty

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    I'm in hottest place on earth, or damn near at least. I drink over a gallon a day and my piss is still darker. When I work outside I just feel sweat running off me. . . I guess it just depends on the conditions you are in. On some days I get to about a gallon and a half and still feel fine.

Quote Originally Posted by < <Samson> >
    I'm in hottest place on earth, or damn near at least. I drink over a gallon a day and my piss is still darker. When I work outside I just feel sweat running off me. . . I guess it just depends on the conditions you are in. On some days I get to about a gallon and a half and still feel fine.
    Move over to Britain mate, it's never fvckin warm here!

I do remember, when I was in northern Australia, drinking gallons and rarely p1ssing at all. Weird!
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SteM View Post
    Move over to Britain mate, it's never fvckin warm here!

I do remember, when I was in northern Australia, drinking gallons and rarely p1ssing at all. Weird!

I like the heat, pretty used to it now.

But yeah, I get those too. I drink about to litres and not piss for 4 hours. You just sweat so much out.

Riptorn is offline Associate Member
    Not a doc but yes you can die from water shock. We had some recruits do that a few years ago. However drinking water (besides what these guys said about AAS) is good for keeping the kidneys and liver flushed. I always try to have it around to sip on and don't worry as much about the quantity. My goal is just to not feel thirsty.

Thread Information