MR-FQ320 is offline This means war!

Nutritional info brown rice Vs Spaghetti

Im using myfitnesspal.com and I think there may be a discrepancy with a brown rice entry as follows:

Asda - Easy Cook Brown Rice, 100 g served 351 69 4 9 cals/carbs/fat/pro

Asda - Pulse Spaghetti, 77 g raw 100 17 1 5 cals/carbs/fat/pro

Now 100g of cooked rice is not a lot and certainly not a stomach filler, but that seems a shit load of cals, i know its dense but cmon, anybody have different macros for this?

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    1 cup (172g) of the brn rice i use has about 130g carbs.. it is very carb dense compared to other things like oats and pasta i have noticed. thats the one down side ive seen to brn rice for me and others who like to eat a lot!

Riptorn is offline Associate Member
    If your using myfitnesspal on a smartphone you can scan the foods barcode and that'll do the calculations for you. I use this app and can help if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    1 cup (172g) of the brn rice i use has about 130g carbs.. it is very carb dense compared to other things like oats and pasta i have noticed. thats the one down side ive seen to brn rice for me and others who like to eat a lot!
    I am now pondering Brown rice = awesome for bulking, not so good for cutting ?

Quote Originally Posted by Riptorn View Post
    If your using myfitnesspal on a smartphone you can scan the foods barcode and that'll do the calculations for you. I use this app and can help if needed.
    ^^ yeah thanks man, im sure I scanned it before and thats what its stored as but now im taking more notice of what it says, im concerned im consuming so many cals very easily and I am questioning the databases values.

Riptorn is offline Associate Member
    While I can't speak to your caloric intake, you can override the stored values and insert your own. I found WalMart 2% milk was off too and had to manually change it.

I think brown rice is as good a carb as any as long as you stick to your cutting macros. I saw someone post 60/20/20 Protein/Carbs/Fat but don't quote me on it.
    Last edited by Riptorn; 09-26-2012 at 01:43 PM.

Im cycling my carbs. zero, medium and high, very complicated, thats why i use a diary, and probably all gone to whack with skewed values grr

thanks anyway bro

think i have found the right one, this seems more realistic Asda - Easy Cook Long Grain Brown Rice- Cooked 200g, 200 g 231 42 2 6 cals/carbs/fat/pro

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by MR-FQ320 View Post
    think i have found the right one, this seems more realistic Asda - Easy Cook Long Grain Brown Rice- Cooked 200g, 200 g 231 42 2 6 cals/carbs/fat/pro
    u really should measure ur rice dry.. not cooked

I thought it would me more accurate to measure it cooked, besides I bulk cook it now anyway.

Noles12 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MR-FQ320 View Post
    I thought it would me more accurate to measure it cooked, besides I bulk cook it now anyway.
    Dry is more accurate as you can not be sure of how much water is actually absorbed accounting for the added mass

Thread Information