MikeRotch is offline New Member

Please correct me if I'm wrong - My daily calories and workout plan

Well, I'm relatively new to all of this, and could always use some pointers.

The thing that got me most puzzled is my tdee, I'm not entirely sure how many calories I should be putting in daily.

Some calculators are telling me 2100 calories, some are saying 2500. (That'd be the maintenance of course)

And as far as I know you need 500 calories extra to gain muscle with minimum fat gain, correct? So that'd be 2600 calories daily, and 3000 daily. Which is somewhat of an important difference if you ask me.

What is the most accurate way to measure?

Just for the record, I'm a 21 year old guy, weighing 64kg, and measuring 177cm (144 pounds and 5.9)

I workout 4 times a week, using a 4 day split, doing 4 sets of 6-8 reps. (progressive) Apart from this I'm quite sedative.

I've always had a hard time putting on weight. The only time when I was actually seeing a solid weightgain was when I drank 3 weightgainer shakes a day. Which was kinda expensive. Not doing that anymore.
    Last edited by MikeRotch; 09-27-2012 at 10:23 AM.

SEOINAGE is offline Anabolic Member
    I don't know how much LBM you are carrying, but I would start with 2500 calories, and be consistent with it for a few weeks. If you start getting stronger and gain a pound or so then it means you are making progress. If you put on more muscle obviously you will have to increase calories more.

MikeRotch is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SEOINAGE View Post
    I don't know how much LBM you are carrying, but I would start with 2500 calories, and be consistent with it for a few weeks. If you start getting stronger and gain a pound or so then it means you are making progress. If you put on more muscle obviously you will have to increase calories more.
    But if I wanted more muscle, I'd end up putting on fat as well right?

But my BF is at 13% atm.

SEOINAGE is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeRotch View Post
    But if I wanted more muscle, I'd end up putting on fat as well right?

But my BF is at 13% atm.
    if you overdo the calories you'll put on more fat. I mean if after several months at that calorie amount things slow down and you aren't getting fat you can up the calories as your expenditure increases with your new higher lean body mass.

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Hey mike

A good rough maintenance starting point:

(LBM In pounds x 15)

If u weigh 144lbs 13% bf ur LBM = 125.28lbs

125.28 x 15 = 1879cals

Bulk = add around 350-500

Cut = subtract around 350-500

Thread Information