gettintherequick is offline Associate Member

retaining gains..5 years of cycling very little overall progress

Posted in the steroid section they sent me here..im losing all my gains post cycle even with proper pct protocols..
    5ft 8
    70kg
    8% bf
    Very lean

Diet currently post cycle

1st meal oats and fruit 4 egg whites and protein shake.
    2nd meal mixed rice salad with two cans of tuna.
    3rd meal grilled chicken fillet on rice and bean sprouts.
    4th meal irish stew (beef/veg mix) some fruit
    5th meal lentil soup with tuna mixed in and a protein shake

Please dont hold back on me i need a good bollocking to get me away from what i think is proper nutrition!!

Janejja is offline New Member
    This is the truth:

It doesn't matter WHAT you eat. The only things that matter are:

1. Your caloric intake VS your caloric need.
    2. Your energy macros

That's it. Your posted diet doesn't tell us anything Sorry

To keep most of your gains post cycle you need to be on a caloric surplus of 500-1000 calories every day (depending on how heavy your cycle was and hos shut down you are) with the right macros. Get a kitchen scale, figure out your caloric need and get your caloric surplus and do it fast, time is ticking!!
    Last edited by Janejja; 09-27-2012 at 05:35 PM.

Well i have no idea how to answer your question..i am very lean crazy high metabolism always had 6pack showing etc etc i train 4 times a week for 1 hour intensely. I can eat more food comfortably but i choose not to..this is what i am asking do i eat more and of what?

I will do that thanks for your advice

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Quote Originally Posted by Janejja View Post
    This is the truth:

2. Your energy macros

That's it. Your posted diet doesn't tell us anything Sorry

To keep most of your gains post cycle you need to be on a caloric surplus of 500-1000 calories every day (depending on how heavy your cycle was and hos shut down you are) with the right macros. Get a kitchen scale, figure out your caloric need and get your caloric surplus and do it fast, time is ticking!!
    Wait, what? You don't even think we require a minimum amount of protein...the stuff muscle is built from?

OP, there are some knowledgeable folks in this section that will drop in with some advice.

Jonnyvegas i just want to know what to add to my diet to help retain gains, i understand the previous posters advice but i feel there was little in the way of helping me as they didnt mention any foods to add or leave out..

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyVegas View Post
    Wait, what? You don't even think we require a minimum amount of protein...
    Yes? Do you even know what macros are? Since I said that he needs the correct macros I've then covered protein.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Quote Originally Posted by Janejja

Yes? Do you even know what macros are? Since I said that he needs the correct macros I've then covered protein.
    With all due respect, your post suggests he just needs calories, irrespective if the breakdown and that a calorie is a calorie no matter where it comes from!

OP, break down your meals into correct macro's and calories and we'll take a look.

You will need to eat more to retain your gains though not 1000 cals more.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Quote Originally Posted by SteM View Post
    With all due respect, your post suggests he just needs calories, irrespective if the breakdown and that a calorie is a calorie no matter where it comes from!

OP, break down your meals into correct macro's and calories and we'll take a look.

You will need to eat more to retain your gains though not 1000 cals more.
    With all due respect, put on your reading glasses. My first post said that what matters is caloric intake and MACROS. Lol!

With all due respect, put on your reading glasses. My first post said that what matters is caloric intake and MACROS. Lol!

2. Your energy macro's

^^^^i read it right. You said it doesn't matter what you eat. And you refer to energy macro's and calories!

No reference to protein or macro split. Maybe it's you who needs the specs!!!!
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

No reference to protein or macro split. Maybe it's you who needs the specs!!!!
    Stop being retarded! Energy macros = macro split, which includes protein, carbs and fat. Speaking of calories and energy is the same thing. Calories is just a measurement of the amount of energy. You need to stop wasting the OPs time with moronic posts and get back to science class!

SEOINAGE is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gettintherequick View Post
    Jonnyvegas i just want to know what to add to my diet to help retain gains, i understand the previous posters advice but i feel there was little in the way of helping me as they didnt mention any foods to add or leave out..
    I'll tell you what, if you are 8% bodyfat and that small, obviously more food. If you give them more details they can help you out with ways to do this properly and make sure you are getting enough protein which is the big debate of this thread, although everyone agrees you need a certain amount of it, but people are fighting over specifics and how somehting was worded lol.

Stop being retarded! Energy macros = macro split, which includes protein, carbs and fat. Speaking of calories and energy is the same thing. Calories is just a measurement of the amount of energy. You need to stop wasting the OPs time with moronic posts and get back to science class!
    Whatever w8nker. Again, you sound like you are saying a calorie is a calorie is a calorie, irrespective of where it came from. Even if you don't mean that it's what johnny Vegas and I thought. Yet you still say the same thing!

At least I'm not a retarded imbecile that thinks a 15 week test prop cycle is a good idea, let alone with your suggested PCT. good luck with that!!!!!!!!
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by Janejja;6184***
    First, I suggest you lose the attitude and humble down a bit or your stay here will be short.

The fact of the matter is you made a blanket statement, provided little to no detail, and as a result, offered poor advice, IMO. I don't want to jump to conclusions but to be honest you sound like another Alan Aragon parrot. If you have an opinion, post it up here, back it up with some hard evidence, and debate it in a mature manner. Being disrespectful to good standing helpful members won't be tolerated. Appreciate your cooperation.

Quote Originally Posted by gettintherequick
    Without knowing your macro's it's difficult to give you solid advice but, you probably need more protein and carbs. Can you calculate your meal macro's?

Have you altered your training in PCT? No cardio and less lifting (focus on compound moves)!
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Whatever w8nker. Again, you sound like you are saying a calorie is a calorie is a calorie, irrespective of where it came from. Even if you don't mean that it's what johnny Vegas and I thought. Yet you still say the same thing!

At least I'm not a retarded imbecile that thinks a 15 week test prop cycle is a good idea, let alone with your suggested PCT. good luck with that!!!!!!!!
    What's wrong with my PCT?

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    Janejja < Do not pay attention to his nonsense

You need to know exactly what you are taking, your macro break down is extremely important to retain gains naturally or not. I learned this the hard way over a fairly long period of time. This is the same to build LBM.

Also, your metabolism has a very big role in this. I do believe there are people that have much higher metabolism than others. It may mean you will have to force feed yourself quite a bit to retain and build LBM.

Your Bf% is excellent also your diet is very lean and hollow. If you want to grow, you will need to completely reevaluate your diet. This does not mean eat more crap, it just means eat more what is needed when is needed. < This is much easier said than done, I know that from experience.

Quote Originally Posted by < <Samson> > View Post
    Janejja < Do not pay attention to his nonsense

You need to know exactly what you are taking, your macro break down is extremely important to retain gains naturally or not. I learned this the hard way over a fairly long period of time. This is the same to build LBM.

Also, your metabolism has a very big role in this. I do believe there are people that have much higher metabolism than others. It may mean you will have to force feed yourself quite a bit to retain and build LBM.

Your Bf% is excellent also your diet is very lean and hollow. If you want to grow, you will need to completely reevaluate your diet. This does not mean eat more crap, it just means eat more what is needed when is needed. < This is much easier said than done, I know that from experience.
    You do realize you just gave him the exact same advice as I did?

gearbox is offline Knowledgeable Member

You need a serious attitude adjustment. I disrespecting stem (helps so many ppl) and now your asking what's wrong with your pct cause you don't know.
    I think an apology is in order!

Brohim is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gettintherequick View Post
    Posted in the steroid section they sent me here..im losing all my gains post cycle even with proper pct protocols..
    5ft 8
    70kg
    8% bf
    Very lean

Diet currently post cycle

1st meal oats and fruit 4 egg whites and protein shake.
    2nd meal mixed rice salad with two cans of tuna.
    3rd meal grilled chicken fillet on rice and bean sprouts.
    4th meal irish stew (beef/veg mix) some fruit
    5th meal lentil soup with tuna mixed in and a protein shake

Please dont hold back on me i need a good bollocking to get me away from what i think is proper nutrition!!

The #1 mistake guys that aren't making gains make is that they think they are eating enough. You need to eat more plain and simple. Eat every 2 hours even if your not hungry. YOu might make it to 8 meals, but whatever it takes.

TopDogg is offline Junior Member
    ...this thread turned into a brawl

umm... 5yrs of cycling, started at 19yrs old?

Thread Information