Brick is offline Member

Post Cycle Nutrition

First off let me state that I don't want this to turn into another 'you will eventually lose all your gains/you will only lose some' thread. That has been, and is, being discussed at length. I do not want to argue about that.

I would like to learn more about proper nutrition following a cycle with a long ester (PCT starting 14 days after last pin). The goal is to maintain as much of your new mass as you can.

1) what would be the appropriate amount of calories to consume assuming you are keeping your training intensity high. 300-400 above maintenance to encourage more growth and limit muscle wasting?

2) what compounds can be taken to assist in muscle sparing?

3) what supplements will assist? (gluatamine, etc)

I understand that not all gains will be kept and that you must eat enough to sustain your new mass but am unsure about maintenance or excess calories. I am sure I will have more questions and thank you for your responses!

GreMos is offline Member
    Cheeseburgers

Channel surfing

Donuts

Farting

GreMos is offline Member
    I'm probably the most counter-productive member on this site.

But I will be following for general knowledge.

Brick is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GreMos
    Cheeseburgers

Channel surfing

Donuts

Farting
    Sounds like great advice but I'll hold out for another opinion

MickeyKnox is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucka View Post
    First off let me state that I don't want this to turn into another 'you will eventually lose all your gains/you will only lose some' thread. That has been, and is, being discussed at length. I do not want to argue about that.

I would like to learn more about proper nutrition following a cycle with a long ester (PCT starting 14 days after last pin). The goal is to maintain as much of your new mass as you can.

1) what would be the appropriate amount of calories to consume assuming you are keeping your training intensity high. 300-400 above maintenance to encourage more growth and limit muscle wasting?

I understand that not all gains will be kept and that you must eat enough to sustain your new mass but am unsure about maintenance or excess calories. I am sure I will have more questions and thank you for your responses!
    i think the key here is to redo your TDEE for your new muscle growth and adjust cals and macros accordingly. a lot of guys forget to do this and end up eating less than what is ideal for their newly added muscle. and remember limit your exercise in the gym to approx 40min. the idea here is to get in and get out and eat.

Brick is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MickeyKnox

i think the key here is to redo your TDEE for your new muscle growth and adjust cals and macros accordingly. a lot of guys forget to do this and end up eating less than what is ideal for their newly added muscle. and remember limit your exercise in the gym to approx 40min. the idea here is to get in and get out and eat.
    Height 6'2.5
    Weight 119.5
    Age 26
    Moderate activity??? I am bartender so I am always standing and I workout 4-5 times a week

Tdee is 2159

That seem right?

it could be. what's your bf%? id rather use your LBM x 15. and im assuming/hoping that 119.5 is kilos correct?

Brick is offline Member
    it could be. what's your bf%? id rather use your LBM x 15. and im assuming/hoping that 119.5 is kilos correct?
    Lol! Fck me! I meant 219.5 lbs!

My estimate on bf would be 15%?
    All are from today except my silly hat one. That is from 4-5days ago

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-4095812754.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	490.4 KB 
ID:	127284

Name:	image-3202013850.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	509.0 KB 
ID:	127285

Name:	image-807111707.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	493.4 KB 
ID:	127288

Name:	image-1076088512.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	495.5 KB 
ID:	127290

Name:	image-1028531462.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	473.0 KB 
ID:	127291

id put you a bit higher than 15 bro. if you used 18% your LBM would be 180. 180x15= 2700 calories.

Brick is offline Member
    id put you a bit higher than 15 bro. if you used 18% your LBM would be 180. 180x15= 2700 calories.
    Mmm. 2700 + 300 = 3000. I love eating!

Thanks for the help, after my PCT and maintence period I am going to cut down. Get to at least 14 hopefully lower. Then by that point it should be time to cycle again!

with your stats and goals, i would cut first bro. then you can do a lean bulk.

the way youre proposing is counterproductive imho. eating above maintenance will probably gain more fat.

Brick is offline Member
    with your stats and goals, i would cut first bro. then you can do a lean bulk.

the way youre proposing is counterproductive imho. eating above maintenance will probably gain more fat.
    I'm not sure we are on the same page. I want to eat above maintenance after cycle to help solidify new mass. After I am through that period I plan on cutting to 14% or lower, ideally 12! After that I plan on putting on more size. I would like to do that on cycle but I am open to doing it natty. What do you think on that?

I'm not sure we are on the same page. I want to eat above maintenance after cycle to help solidify new mass. After I am through that period I plan on cutting to 14% or lower, ideally 12! After that I plan on putting on more size. I would like to do that on cycle but I am open to doing it natty. What do you think on that?
    i thought based on your eating above maintenance comments you were looking to put on mass. you haven't started a cycle yet correct? if so, im suggesting that you cut to reduce body fat and gain lean muscle. does that make sense to you?

what you're suggesting is backwards to me for your proposed goals. ?

Brick is offline Member

i thought based on your eating above maintenance comments you were looking to put on mass. you haven't started a cycle yet correct? if so, im suggesting that you cut to reduce body fat and gain lean muscle. does that make sense to you?

what you're suggesting is backwards to me for your proposed goals. ?
    My apologies. I have almost completed my first cycle. I have 3 more pin days left and I will be finished the following Thursday.

I won't cycle again at higher bf, hence the eat at slightly above maintenance to solidify gains, then cut to 12(fingers crossed) then gain again.

My apologies. I have almost completed my first cycle. I have 3 more pin days left and I will be finished the following Thursday.

I won't cycle again at higher bf, hence the eat at slightly above maintenance to solidify gains, then cut to 12(fingers crossed) then gain again.
    ahh ok, i follow you now. ok then good luck!!

boxa06 is offline Productive Member

i suggest to eat the same amount of food through pct as when you were on cyle (only if it was a bulking cycle and clean foods)

DAA twice per day, Vit C pwo(megadosed) and BCAA's during training

the 3 above

Made some suggestions in bold

Also keep weight sessions short eg. 40-50 mins

Brick is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boxa06

Made some suggestions in bold

Also keep weight sessions short eg. 40-50 mins
    Thanks! I will implement the supps and the short work out!

Thread Information