Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tx89 is offline Associate Member

Tx's Jelly Warfare: U.D. 2.0 and IF combined

Hey mates,

Inspired by 405's cutting efforts and breathtaking success with UD2 I decided to try this diet and see how far down I can get my bf%(goal would be 10%at least). I will use the diet just as Lyle laid it out, only change I've made is that I incorporate IF into it. I love IF and for me it has become a lifestyle and until now the only way of eating that allowed me to stay reasonably lean (<15%) without stressing too much about diet and constantly letting my life be dictated by meal planning and calorie counting. IF does the endo good
    Of course I am aware that the UD is a well thought out program and no unneccessary manipulations should be made that might risk success, but as I already pointed out in Eazy's thread (which btw also was an inspiration to start the UD) I 100% believe that IF is absolutely no harm to the UD concept. If anything it might even be benefitial as Lyle himself says that in the depletion phase the goal is to mimick effects of fasting (-->catecholamines etc.) as good as possible.

But apart from keeping the IF lifestyle I will do the diet just as its laid out originally:
    -Monday thru Wednesday very low cals (1186kcal/60%P/15%C/25%F) with carbs only coming from veggies and depletion workouts on Monday and Tuesday (Mon=Chest/Back/Shoulder and Tue=Legs/Arms)

-Thursday: Fasting until evening (20hrs or so), then breaking the fast with pre workout shake and then Heavy Duty workout to 100% complete depletion of muscle glycogen and prime muscles for saturdays Power Workout. After workout begin Carbload. --> 2400kcal(30%P/51%C/19%F)

-Friday: Carb Load :-) --> 4385kcal (24%P/64%C/12%F)

-Saturday: Power Workout! --> 1800kcal (39%P/53%C/8%F)

-Sunday: Off and keeping calories and Macros close to Satudays...so slightly below maintenance, since my goal is all out fat loss.

Cardio I do Mon thru Thursday every am in form of a 5-6Km Jog of moderate intensity with 10mins of abwork before to increase bloodflow to that stubborn jelly. Supplements will be nothing fancy, but only standard stuff like Fishoil, Multis, BCAA(since I train fasted on mon and tue), Whey, Glutamine, Crea-Mono(alongside the carbload), caffeine and green tea. But I do have Clen , ECA and hopefully soon some Yohimbine(before Cardio to aid fatty acid utilization) on hand as "secret weapons", but wont use anything until progress slows down.

Yeah thats pretty much the plan, hope I didnt forget anything important. Will try my best to log something at least every couple days and hope that this experiment might be benefitial for others that have difficulties breking the 10% barrier :-)

Week 1 went very well so far. Depletion workouts are a bitch, but I like em Seemed to have worked also, since I'm 3,5Kg lighter than 3 days ago :-)
    Looking forward to todays beginning of carbload after Heavy Duty workout. Today I really feel drained and weak and cardio was harder than usual.

Oh yeah, starting numbers are 95Kg and 14.2%bf measured monday am.

Lets roll :-)

JohnnnyBlazzze is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Good luck brotha this looks interesting! I'll be following along!

Are you going to put up some before pics and after pics? How long do you plan on doing this?

Thanks bro :-)
    I plan on running 8-10 weeks minimum, but I will decide as I progress!

As for the pics atm I have no working Camera on hand unfortunately. But my Avi can definitely serve as before picture...this is pretty much what it Looks like right now. Hopefully in 8-10 weeks I have a new cam to get some up :-)

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    good deal dude. interested to see how the modifications u made go. from the looks of it they should only help. interesting take on ab work pre-cardio to get blood flow down there. hadnt thought of that!

ill be following for sure! get it dun dude!

I will bro, thanks again for all your help :-)

On ab work: yeah I'm trying this since last week for the first Time too. Read it in a German book about IF. I also wear a damn thick hoodie during my cardio. Sweat like hell. But from what Ive read this plus the ab work before should help as it warms up the area of stubborn jelly and increases bloodflow to the area and KEEPS it all warm during the Session.
    I guess this wont make or break my success, but concerning how hard it is for me to lose those Last % I sure try everything that could help :-)

Heavy Duty workout done. As expected strength was really low, but got a great pump thanks to the pre wo shake. Arms, chest and shoulders looked really nice, lean and vascular :-)
    Lyle says to expect the best and leanest look on saturday morning after loading...we'll see. Anything better than today would be great.
    But now Off to some carbs...good Times :-) (although I dont crave as badly as I feared)
    Tomorrow is completely off and I'll do nothing but eat, tanning and University

good times i dont get mine til saturday! enjoy! u earned it..

I really hope that strength will be back till saturday morning. Today was a bit tough in that department, even if it was absolutely expected.
    I'd like to at least maintain my numbers in the power workout :-)

eazyduzit is offline Associate Member
    Nice work bro! Great write up too, i'll be following as i said previously Abs before cardio is another good one, i'll give wearing a thick hoodie to cardio a shot and see how much more fatigued i get. Good job man..

Thanks mate, I really appreciate the help and Support :-)

Carbload completed succesfully. Who woulda thought that?! :-D
    Really enjoyed the Carb ride, made me feel soooo good :-) kept it clean, hit macros, drank ~4,5l of water and definitely look fuller, but not fatter. Scale says up 4kg since yesterday Boom
    Excited to see how I will look tomorrow Morning and how the power Session will go!! Will update afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Tx89 View Post
    Carbload completed succesfully. Who woulda thought that?! :-D
    Really enjoyed the Carb ride, made me feel soooo good :-) kept it clean, hit macros, drank ~4,5l of water and definitely look fuller, but not fatter. Scale says up 4kg since yesterday Boom
    Excited to see how I will look tomorrow Morning and how the power Session will go!! Will update afterwards.
    good deal man! the first carb load is always the most fun! esp waiting to see results afterwards. of course now that u know what its like u will really really really look forward to it in the future!

i ate my share of PB Capn crunch, honey bunches of oats, multigrain cheerios, bagels with ff cream cheese and all fruit sugar strawberry preserves!

Ok carb load finished and power workout done.
    I liked what i saw in the mirror this morning, full but not bloated or fat :-) had to get up 2 Times this night to pee for what felt like 10mins lol
    Weight was 2,5kg above my lowest depletion weight, so I somehow lost 1,5 over night. But the fluctuations are absolutely expected with the UD, no Worries. Excited to see the numbers and bf% After One week :-)

The power workout went better than expected actually. Felt strong and powerful and completed all lifts with the weight I wished I could do (purposely started at about 85-95%1RM to leave some room for improvement and not be pissed in Case that strength had been Low )
    So overall great first UD week, I feel like if I keep effort at 100% which I will, then good things will Happen :-)

Ok carb load finished and power workout done.
    I liked what i saw in the mirror this morning, full but not bloated or fat :-) had to get up 2 Times this night to pee for what felt like 10mins lol
    Weight was 2,5kg above my lowest depletion weight, so I somehow lost 1,5 over night. But the fluctuations are absolutely expected with the UD, no Worries. Excited to see the numbers and bf% After One week :-)

The power workout went better than expected actually. Felt strong and powerful and completed all lifts with the weight I wished I could do (purposely started at about 85-95%1RM to leave some room for improvement and not be pissed in Case that strength had been Low )
    So overall great first UD week, I feel like if I keep effort at 100% which I will, then good things will Happen :-)
    like i said i got stronger thru the cut

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<---

like i said i got stronger thru the cut
    Shame on me for doubting your words, master!

Shame on me for doubting your words, master!
    LOL.. i wouldnt go that far!

Sorry if I might have missed it Tx but what is your eating window? I know you mentioned PWO but was curious if you were going with 4,6,8 hour window?

Well from my IF experience i can say that 20/4 works slightly better for cutting for me. Probably due to the hormonal adjustments that happen mostly from hour 14-20.
    But I actually keep it flexible bro...if I can easily make 20/4 (like thursdays) I go for it, others its more like 17/7 if it fits my schedule better.
    I dont think this is a Make or break decision

Weigh in had me 94,7kg and 14%bf, which would be better than last week but not as much as I wanted.
    Week 1 went 100% perfect until saturday evening, then I was at my grandmas 80th and it was hard to hit macros there ;-) maybe that spoiled it a bit.
    I dont trust those calipers too much though, tuesay is gonna be old school measuring with a tape and judge mirror.
    Now Off to AM jog and later depletion workout. KILL IT!!

Weigh in had me 94,7kg and 14%bf, which would be better than last week but not as much as I wanted.
    Week 1 went 100% perfect until saturday evening, then I was at my grandmas 80th and it was hard to hit macros there ;-) maybe that spoiled it a bit.
    I dont trust those calipers too much though, tuesay is gonna be old school measuring with a tape and judge mirror.
    Now Off to AM jog and later depletion workout. KILL IT!!
    give it a couple weeks for ur body to adjust. also from my experience calipers can be misleading unless the person using them really knows what theyre doing. a pinch 1/2" higher or lower than the week before can throw ur numbers off a fair amt. also a bigger pinch or smaller pinch.

go more by the mirror and/or tape measurements!

also if ur bf is not dropping like ud like an adjustment that could be made (one that i havent tried on that diet) would be to reduce the number of carbs and type of carbs u use for the carb load.

Thanks for the input 405 :-)
    Yeah I'm not too worried actually...I felt really good during my first week and felt that it was working the Way I had planned it. What you deacribe is exactly why I dont trust em too much. My main Progress indicator always has been my tape in Relation to bodyweight used once a week. Tomorrow will see numbers here

Today I got my 5km jog in the morning and have just finished depletion Session 1. I definitely look leaner than last week. The challenge of those sessions is Great and gives me a nice Pump, vascularity showed Off :-)
    Energy Levels were high and I still dont feel a Bit hungry Even After 16hours of fasting.

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    405 is an inspiration for a lot of members!

i read if more of you guys with this UD2 and carb cycling and having success!

Hey GGR, thanks for Stopping by :-)
    Yeah he really is! We're killin it!

Am cardio done.
    Measurements today prove that week1 on UD was definitely not only a felt success, but a Real One :-)
    Lost 0,8kgs and 1,4cm from the waist.

Am cardio done.
    Measurements today prove that week1 on UD was definitely not only a felt success, but a Real One :-)
    Lost 0,8kgs and 1,4cm from the waist.
    excellent!

I especially like that I dont had a tremendous drop in bodyweight and kept my strength!
    This shows that I lost the 0,8kg from the right places mostly. If only 0,5kg of that is Jelly I'd be perfectly happy because my 8-10 week plan to Eliminate ~5kg of blubber would be within reach :-)

(2xday Cardio and 405's HIIT, ECA and clen still unused in my arsenal!)

^^ cant take credit for the HIIT/combo cardio. It is Lyles as well! Stubborn fat solution SFP 3 (i think)

I have no original ideas

Yeah I know mate, but I owe UD and all that goes along with it to you so thats why you come to my mind first ;-)

Yeah I know mate, but I owe UD and all that goes along with it to you so thats why you come to my mind first ;-)
    ill take the credit as long as it works!

Depletion workout 2 done, macros hit 100%, feeling great, no probs :-)

eazyduzit is offline Associate Member
    Nice work bro! Watch that fat melt off!

Quick thursday update:
    After getting my 4am jogs in from Monday thru today and completing both depletion workouts mon+tue (Even got a bit stronger here and there) weight went down 3.5-4kg like last week, so I guess another succesful depletion Phase :-)
    Only that im 1kg lighter than at the Same Time Last week ;-) also I really like the 'thursday look', somehow i feel this is the Day I look the best but feel the worst lol.
    Tonight will be Heavy Duty workout where I will try to improve last weeks numbers a bit if possible. And then lovely carb load :-)
    Overall im pretty happy with the way Things are going and really like UD!! The different tasks in both Nutrition and training wise make Time fly by like nothing and I feel its not hard at all to stick to it. Thats why I currently consider adding in 3 more cardio Sessions pwo next week and maybe cleaning up food choices during the weekend. I feel like i can still go harder than i do now

Heavy Duty workout was great, beat last weeks numbers and had(like last week) Great pump and vascularity going on! Especially in the shoulder area, loved it :-) wish I could achieve that look permanently, jelly must go!
    Now: Carb time :-)

Glad to see it's going good for you brotha. I might take a UD/IF combo approach for my next cut phase. You're an inspiration!

Thanks bro, thats great to hear :-)
    Makes my carb-load even better lol

the good ole carb load! lucky guy.. mine isnt til tomorrow and i have gotten a lot stricter with my food choices!

Mine is nearly over already
    Did you feel guilty sometimes, too? I know its all part of the plan and mostly clean, but sometimes this feeling hits me that Im destroying my efforts by stuffing my face like that. But then again the mirror tells a different story. My weight went up again close to 4kg over the past 27hours, but no bloat whatsoever. I notice that I definitely lose vascularity compared to my beloved 'thursday-look', but gain a lot of fullness...hard to describe.
    Also I definitely see that I lost fat...strange that its most visible in my quads and the area above Till waistline. Quads look ****in shredded and show nice cuts, while midsection jelly is still there
    Lookin forward to tomorrows power workout, I'm eager to move heavy shit around!
    Kill it!!

yeh sometimes i wondered, like u, if i could really get away with what i was eating or was i simply killing my work for the week! the fat kept coming off every week to a point then it stopped. this is why i added this 5day/2day split. so far so good! its tuff mentally though.. but i dont mind not having to do depletion workouts 2 days per week!

nother good thing about UD2 i think is u just get some good experience. i learned a lot about my body and how it reacts to carbs and difft style of training. i learned not to freak out over carbs..

Definitely see what you mean! Its a great learning experience...I Never paid so much attention to certain foods and the specifc reactions to them concerning weight, bloat etc.
    The fear of carbs is also something I already kind of lost. UD teaches you that it always depends on the state your body is in how good or bad certain foods are :-)

Why dont u do depletion sessions anymore mate? Wouldnt they be benefitial during your 5day low phase?

Definitely see what you mean! Its a great learning experience...I Never paid so much attention to certain foods and the specifc reactions to them concerning weight, bloat etc.
    The fear of carbs is also something I already kind of lost. UD teaches you that it always depends on the state your body is in how good or bad certain foods are :-)

Why dont u do depletion sessions anymore mate? Wouldnt they be benefitial during your 5day low phase?
    i dont think (just my opinion) itd be good to be depleted for 4 days doing cardio 2x per day + lifting everyday. im pretty lean now and i dont want to run into any chance of losing LBM so far its working well! i weighed 193 this am (but im sure i am depleted cuz it was 5 full days of no carbs). well see where im at sunday. i think last week i was at 197-198. ill be happy with 195-196. im losing fat theres no question about that.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information