fisk487 is offline New Member

I have my BMR but having a hard time finding a diet for me..

hey all, me again! sorry! I did the math for my BMR, after i times it by 1.55 its 2,736.835? sound right? Just trying now to figure out what i should be doing to add mass! I have never been on a diet plan but i am willing to do anything!! I take a protein shake before i workout and after, also take casien protein before bed. Thanks a bunch!
    Last edited by fisk487; 10-02-2012 at 08:13 PM.

digsy1983 is offline Member
    hey frisk, noramally a good starting point for bulking is adding 500 extra cals to your daily macros. anymore and you will be acquiring more fat then you really need to. have you decided on what macros split you are going to try?

its best if you post up your stats and training schedule (inc workout, sets and reps and also what cardio you are doing) and the experienced guys will have a good indication of what your cals should be. (but its a rough science, unless you know what your maintenance calories are???)

thank you for the info! I am so new to this i dont even know what macros split means! sorry man! I thought 2,736 were my maintenance calories?

digsy1983 is offline Member
    Yeah 2736 cals is maintenance but you said you wanted to add mass so you need surplus calories (bulking)

macro split is calories devided into carbs/protein/fat. So you would go on a (for example) 40% carbs 40% protein 20% fat.
    ( a gram of carb is 4 calories, a gram of protein is 4 calories and a gram of fat is 9 calories)

for example 2000.cals split 40/40/20 (carb/protein/fat) would give you
    800 cals of protein (200g)
    800 cals of carb (200g)
    400.cals of fat (45g)

It alot to get your head around when you first start but ppl are always willing to help on here!! If you need any help just post up and you'll get a reply!

oh ok! I dont know what split would be best for me? I would do anyone that works! ha's! kinda up in the air to witch is best for me?

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    hey fisk post ur complete stats man: age weight height bf%

want to chek ur math. tdee multiplier 1.55 is not the best IMO.

Men: BMR = 66 + (13.7 x weight in kg) + (5 x height in cm) - (6.8 x age in years)??
    I am 165lbs 5'9" 28 years old, I dont know my bf% but i can see abbs. Thank you

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by fisk487 View Post
    Men: BMR = 66 + (13.7 x weight in kg) + (5 x height in cm) - (6.8 x age in years)??
    I am 165lbs 5'9" 28 years old, I dont know my bf% but i can see abbs. Thank you
    u wanna get ur bf% chekd so u can most accurately predict necessary cals as well as monitor bf% and LBM.

a better formula IMO is: (LBM x 15)

I will try to get that then! thanks for all your help!

Thread Information