Thread: How's My Diet

bigmatt33 is offline Junior Member

How's My Diet

I am currently trying to cut up. I am 31 at 6'3 and 240 lbs with about 14% bodyfat. Here is what I eat in a typical day

1. protein shake 50g protein
    2. 6 large eggs but probably only 2 of the yokes with a bowl of oatmeal and a glass of OJ. Plus a bit of ketchup.
    3. post workout shake 50g protein
    4. chicken fried rice, made with grilled chicken (40g protein), rice (200 calories worth), 2 large eggs, jalapenos and a little teriyaki sauce.
    5. bison chili, made with 1/2 pound bison, rice (200 calories worth), 2/3 can of tomato soup, 2/3 can of milk, and a green vegetable on the side. Plus a glass of skim milk.
    6. low-fat cottage cheese (not sure how much) with peaches (25 calories worth)
    7. Possible midnight snack, more cottage cheese or special K protein cereal with skim milk.

Usually I add a fresh green vegetable juice around my 4th meal.

I'm going to try to figure out exactly how many calories of everything tomorrow. I do cardio 4 times a week and weight train 5 times a week.

I would love to hear your opinions about my typical daily diet.

bigmatt33 is offline Junior Member
    I think my BMR is around 2,300 calories and my TDEE is somewhere between 3,500 and 4,000 calories

Here is an overview of the amount of exercise I do
    monday 1 hour weight training
    tuesday 1 hour weight training
    wednesday 1 hour weight training, 30 minutes HIIT, and 30 light cardio
    Thursday 1 hour weight training
    Friday 1 hour weight training, 30 minutes HIIT, and 30 minutes light cardio
    saturday 30 minutes HIIT
    Sunday 30 minutes HIIT

I usually add about an hour up hill hike a week. I don't do much as my job, so it doesn't count for much.

Would you consider this moderate or very attive?
    Last edited by bigmatt33; 10-12-2012 at 02:25 AM.

DanB is offline Banned
    Moderate and on the lower side since your job dosnt amount to much from a cal burning perspective

I.M.O very active would be training similar to yours, mabey even more cardio, couple long bike rides or something and combined with a physically demanding job such as in construction as a labourer, blocklayer, plasterer etc
    Last edited by DanB; 10-12-2012 at 02:59 AM.

Thread Information