Stevesteveo6 is offline Junior Member

Hey! Looking for perfect macro split

I'm 251lbs, 19 years old, 6' foot 1". Bf% is around 23-25%. I bench 315, squat 500 and would like to cut but keep my strength. I workout 5-6 times a week and each session is 90 minuets long and the workout is a full body workout with little to no cardio. Any ideas of a good macro split?

Brick is offline Member
    60/20/20

Carb meal for breakfast

Carb meal pre and post.

How do I make that split though? I'm pretty sure my maintenance calories is 3400

Riptorn is offline Associate Member
    How do you do 60% protein, 20% carbs and 20% fat. Is that your question?

Yeah I got you. Does this allow a cheat day? Or no

LiL P is offline Associate Member
    Read cutting 101 sticky thread to find your TDEE or else you can do LBM*15 to find your BMR this is your first step, it best you do this for yourself that way you will learn rather than someone like me just figuring out your daily intake for you, youl learn nothing doing that The next step is calculating your macro's do you know how too do that?

LiL P

jpowell is offline Banned
    Sound alike a power lifter.
    R u reppin 5hun or maxing out?

Either way good shit broski.

But as you gain experience your gonna find out there is no perfect macro split. Lol I searched and searched for a solid 8 mos n hoping to find it.

You simply have to work around with the numbers until you hit your sweet spot. Gotta get goals established and have determination.

60/20/20 is good vs 40/40/20 b/c lower carb intake. But also wat u gotta realize that u can't get into the mindset of low carbs equates to fat loss. If you do this you'll crash and burn very hard broski.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum

Thanks bro, it's my 1 rep max. ( I just got those #'s last week) my TDEE is 4180.71. So if I'm cutting, how do I figure out what #'s I should be at?

Quote Originally Posted by Stevesteveo6 View Post
    Thanks bro, it's my 1 rep max. ( I just got those #'s last week) my TDEE is 4180.71. So if I'm cutting, how do I figure out what #'s I should be at?
    gennerally you will subtract 500, to get 3680 and divide that number by your macro split. it will tell you how much p/c/f you need daily and wat to aim at per meal.

Hey Lenny!

Hey Lenny!
    whose lenny?

He's my buddy that I went to high school with, he read the thread hah. Here's the problem. I did all the math and everything. And my maintenance calories are 4100. And according to 60/20/20. With 3600 calories I would have to eat 300 something's grams of protein? That's dumb as all ****.

digsy1983 is offline Member
    He's my buddy that I went to high school with, he read the thread hah. Here's the problem. I did all the math and everything. And my maintenance calories are 4100. And according to 60/20/20. With 3600 calories I would have to eat 300 something's grams of protein? That's dumb as all ****.
    why is it dumb?

I'm cutting. When I was bulking, I did 277g of protein a day and it worked amazingly. 300 grams of protein would do the opposite

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    There's nothing wrong with the info, macro split and calorie amount detailed in your other thread. Go with that.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

? That's dumb as all ****.
    hmm, obvi you haven't done alot of research if you feel this way.

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    How do I make that split though? I'm pretty sure my maintenance calories is 3400
    maintenance for u is prob closer to: 2800-3000 unless ur basing this estimate on experience and not a formula..

at 251lbs 25%bf u have 188.25lbs LBM

LBM x 15 is a good starting point for estimating maintenance cals, chances are if/when u adjust itll prob be up and not down. most tdee estimates give u too many cals..

digsy1983 is offline Member
    I'm cutting. When I was bulking, I did 277g of protein a day and it worked amazingly. 300 grams of protein would do the opposite
    opposite as in reduce muslce?

the plan is to eat enough cals not to slow your metabolism down too much, but also not so high your body doesnt need to burn fat. you offset low carbs with higher protein to keep the calories up but reducing the amount of fuel your body has available for enegry. to keep the calorie target youve set with low proten, you would need higher carbs or fats thus throwing the whole point of the plan off or slowing weightloss down significantly.
    also carbs are protein sparing so on a bulk the chance of you going catabloic is low, on a cut its alot more. so extra protein will help protect your LBM.

Thread Information