Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: GB Checking in

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    GB i also do 275 x 8 and i can do 315 x 4 if that helps!
    Strange!!! If you can get 315 x 4 you should be able to get 275 for a helluva lot more than 8... but then again our bodies don't always work like that. I remember a time I was able to get 305 x 3 but couldn't get 315 x 1... probably mental more than anything else... but who knows.

Ok, now you guys got me going. I'll definitely go for 315 on Tuesday... pending my elbow ligament/tendon pains subside by then.

Quote Originally Posted by baseline_9 View Post
    Good plan....

If I didn't mess around cutting all the time I'd look much better.... Probably like a cross between jay cutler and phil Heath
    Preaching to the choir. You've known me for a while, you know how I am. I've bounced between cutting and 'bulking' (not really) so much, I never got anywhere. To make matters worse, I always seemed to be stuck 'adding mass' right around spring/summer (when most people are cutting and/or already lean) and cutting in the fcking winter... completely ass backwards and the former in particular always made me feel paranoid that I was looking fat, had to go to a pool party, etc. This is the first time EVER that I'm actually 'bulking' on a proper schedule. So next summer is MINE!!!!!

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Strange!!! If you can get 315 x 4 you should be able to get 275 for a helluva lot more than 8... but then again our bodies don't always work like that. I remember a time I was able to get 305 x 3 but couldn't get 315 x 1... probably mental more than anything else... but who knows.

Ok, now you guys got me going. I'll definitely go for 315 on Tuesday... pending my elbow ligament/tendon pains subside by then.

Preaching to the choir. You've known me for a while, you know how I am. I've bounced between cutting and 'bulking' (not really) so much, I never got anywhere. To make matters worse, I always seemed to be stuck 'adding mass' right around spring/summer (when most people are cutting and/or already lean) and cutting in the fcking winter... completely ass backwards and the former in particular always made me feel paranoid that I was looking fat, had to go to a pool party, etc. This is the first time EVER that I'm actually 'bulking' on a proper schedule. So next summer is MINE!!!!!
    I'm bulking with u Gb

I'm bulking with u Gb
    Let's enjoy it while we can brother! See you in the summer lol

Get pushing that training intensity m8 and enjoy life a little more (I know I am).....

Funy thing is, when I bulk I eat less crap that when I have been dieting the last year.... Simply cuz wen I'm cutting I tend to binge and go 100% off the track....

I never feel I want to really cheat right now..... And hell, a ribeye steak and oven chips (fries) is hardy that bad anyway

Get pushing that training intensity m8 and enjoy life a little more (I know I am).....
    Been working harder than ever. TRT has definitely helped me kick things up a notch. I had no basis for comparison before, but now I know how bad it was to have been lifting with low T. Pointless really.

Funy thing is, when I bulk I eat less crap that when I have been dieting the last year.... Simply cuz wen I'm cutting I tend to binge and go 100% off the track....

I never feel I want to really cheat right now..... And hell, a ribeye steak and oven chips (fries) is hardy that bad anyway
    Hell, that's healthy eating for some folks! Re: bulking vs. cutting and cheating - I tend to have a different philosophy than most. Most people feel like they can get away with cheating/binging/fcking up more while bulking. Why not? They're already bulking. IMO, it's the opposite. You have to be MORE careful. You're already in a hypercaloric state. More calories (of bad shit nonetheless) will just get stored as fat. When cutting, for the most part you risk making no progress during the times you fall off... but chances of adding fat are much less IMO.

Been working harder than ever. TRT has definitely helped me kick things up a notch. I had no basis for comparison before, but now I know how bad it was to have been lifting with low T. Pointless really.

Hell, that's healthy eating for some folks! Re: bulking vs. cutting and cheating - I tend to have a different philosophy than most. Most people feel like they can get away with cheating/binging/fcking up more while bulking. Why not? They're already bulking. IMO, it's the opposite. You have to be MORE careful. You're already in a hypercaloric state. More calories (of bad shit nonetheless) will just get stored as fat. When cutting, for the most part you risk making no progress during the times you fall off... but chances of adding fat are much less IMO.
    Great points and so true....

Today's workout:

Squats: 2 warmup sets
    Moderate set: 185 x 12
    Work set: 275 x 8 drop set to 255 x 4 (up 10lbs from last week)

Hyperextensions:
    Bodyweight x 12
    45 x 12

Decline BB Press: 2 warmup sets
    Moderate set: 155 x 12
    Work set: 255 x 12 (up 10lbs from last week plus no drop set needed to hit 12 reps)

Push Ups
    Bodyweight x 12
    Weighted (plates on back) 90 x 12

Pull ups
    Bodyweight x 15 (b/w currently around 211lbs)
    Weighted - 20 x 6 drop set to BW x 4 - rest - 2 more reps (down a few reps from last week, *shrug*)

Pendlay Row
    Moderate set 95 x 12
    Work set - 185 x 8 drop set to 155 x 4 (up 20lbs from last week)

Standing Overhead Press - 2 warmup sets
    Moderate: 125 x 8
    Work set: 155 x 6 (up 10lbs from last week)

Cable Curl
    2 sets: 120 x 12

Bench Dip:
    Bodyweight x 30
    Weighted: 190 x 8 drop set to 170 x 4 (actually used the assisted dip machine to do the weighted ones instead of an actual bench) (up 10lbs from last week)

Seated Calf Raise:
    Heels out - machine on 5 (not sure of weight lol) x 30
    Heels in - 5 x 30

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    always nice to see the weights up this week, especially 10lbs on squat!

Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00 View Post
    always nice to see the weights up this week, especially 10lbs on squat!
    Yep! I try to increase something in every lift, every week. It could be heavier weight, higher reps, faster execution, etc. It's the only way to consistently progress! I am definitely the strongest I've ever been, and still have the entire winter to keep at it before having to cut. Hopefully when all is said and done, I'll be sitting somewhere between 190-200lbs at 10%.

Yep! I try to increase something in every lift, every week. It could be heavier weight, higher reps, faster execution, etc. It's the only way to consistently progress! I am definitely the strongest I've ever been, and still have the entire winter to keep at it before having to cut. Hopefully when all is said and done, I'll be sitting somewhere between 190-200lbs at 10%.
    i remember that being your initial goal. i am glad to see that HRT is helping you achieve this goal, but the weights aren't going to lift themselves!

i am in the works of looking to get tested, really feel it answer some questions with me.

keep it up, very inspiring!

i remember that being your initial goal. i am glad to see that HRT is helping you achieve this goal, but the weights aren't going to lift themselves!

i am in the works of looking to get tested, really feel it answer some questions with me.

keep it up, very inspiring!
    Thanks brother!

mockery is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Bump and good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by mockery View Post
    Bump and good luck.

Thanks buddy!! Sorry I haven't updated... i'm trying!! Been through a rough patch with the whole Hurricane Sandy here (i'm literally 15 mins from the Jersey Shore... so we got hit hard, no power for a week, etc). Anyway, on to today's workout:

Front Squat
    Warmup - 2x10 (stripped bar, 95lbs)
    Moderate - 1x10 - 135x10
    Heavy - 2x8 - 185x8, 185x8

Hyperextensions
    Warmup - bodyweight x 10
    Weighted - 45x8, 45x8

Decline Barbell Press
    Warmup 2x12 (95x12, 135x12)
    Moderate 1x10 - 185x10
    Heavy 2x8 - 255x10, 255x8

Push Ups
    Weighted (45lb plate on back) 2x10 - 45x15, 45x10

Lat Pulldown
    2x10 - 160x10, 160x10 (relatively light weight, but I REALLY focused on form, stretch and contraction. One of the best mind-muscle connection lifts I've ever had. Sticking with the lower weight for now as I feel it's more effective)

Platform Row (underhand)
    2x8 - 145x8, 135x8

Shoulder Press (smith)
    Moderate - 2x8 - 90 (plus weight of smith) x8, 90x8
    Working sets - 2x6 - 140 (plus weight of smith) x6, 140x6

Preacher Curl
    2x12 - 70 (plus weight of bar)x12, 70x12

Bench Dip (done on pull up w/ assist machine)
    2x10 - 190x10, 180x10

Seated Calf Raise
    1x20 (heels out) 1x20 (heels in)

Then followed with some various isolation work - light upright rows, 1 arm db french press, etc.

Currently the strongest I've ever been, and probably the biggest, at least naturally. Also uncomfortably fat atm though (still holding steady around 16-17% ish) @ 210lbs or so.

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    glad to see u made it thru the hurricane stuff!

16-17%bf huh??.. i know ur loving that! gonna have a decent amt of work to do come cut time! how bout the TRT??

glad to see u made it thru the hurricane stuff!

16-17%bf huh??.. i know ur loving that! gonna have a decent amt of work to do come cut time! how bout the TRT??
    lol yea, it's a struggle dude... I hate it and i'm uncomfortable at this weight/bodyfat level, but it's temporary and that is what's keeping me sane. Personally, I find cutting relatively easy. Come February-March, when I start my cut, I know i'll make insane progress as long as I'm consistent.

TRT is - meh. Not thinking about it much anymore tbh. It is what it is. I'm just working as hard as I can and trying to make every gym session count. Whatever happens with my body happens. I give it what it needs. The rest is out of my hands.

cool man! yeh getting 315 is def an accomplishment. maybe one of these days ill get my coveted 405. prob gonna be awhile. have broken 500 on squat for 5 reps though!

surprised about the "meh" comment on TRT. im thinking ur blood levels were pretty low. figd ud be feeling a lot better and see some improvements. i dont think about mine anymore as much as i did when i started but def believe it to be a life changer!

cool man! yeh getting 315 is def an accomplishment. maybe one of these days ill get my coveted 405. prob gonna be awhile. have broken 500 on squat for 5 reps though!
    We'll both get there. I mean, IMO that's more powerlifting numbers, I'd rather have the look and lift less if that's the trade off, but it *would* be nice to feel that strong. I can't touch 500lbs on squat though. Not even for 1 rep, let alone 5. With that said, how come we never see pics of your wheels??

surprised about the "meh" comment on TRT. im thinking ur blood levels were pretty low. figd ud be feeling a lot better and see some improvements. i dont think about mine anymore as much as i did when i started but def believe it to be a life changer!
    Yea, i'm slightly disappointed, but then again I couldn't expect much. My test levels were EXTREMELY low (well total wasn't, free was pretty low though). TBH i'm just happy to be on a 'normal' schedule with regards to 'bulking' vs. cutting. I'm looking forward to my cut early next year, bearing in my I won't be 2nd guessing myself on looking too small (because i won't be in bulky clothing and will therefore show more muscle to begin with).

We'll both get there. I mean, IMO that's more powerlifting numbers, I'd rather have the look and lift less if that's the trade off, but it *would* be nice to feel that strong. I can't touch 500lbs on squat though. Not even for 1 rep, let alone 5. With that said, how come we never see pics of your wheels??
    ive taken one or 2. i suppose im not really concerned with how they look so i dont post pics of them

but since u askd
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GB Checking in-nov12.jpg  

ive taken one or 2. i suppose im not really concerned with how they look so i dont post pics of them

but since u askd
    WTF!!! My legs are at least your size, probably bigger TBH... yet I can't touch a 500lb squat. Just goes to show you that size doesn't always equate to strength, and vice versa (no offense). However, it could also have a lot to do with core and back strength/stability. But damnit, I'd like to hit a 500lb squat!! Ok, now you have me motivated. I'm gonna get there!

Tron3219 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75

WTF!!! My legs are at least your size, probably bigger TBH... yet I can't touch a 500lb squat. Just goes to show you that size doesn't always equate to strength, and vice versa (no offense). However, it could also have a lot to do with core and back strength/stability. But damnit, I'd like to hit a 500lb squat!! Ok, now you have me motivated. I'm gonna get there!
    If it makes u feel any better I can't get over 425 on squat lol but the size=strength is false to, cuz I think y'all's upper body is bigger then mine and I can rep 355x3 on bench...I have a 405 goal too lol closest I've gotten was 375....

none taken yeh theyre only like 23" circumfrence.. nothing special but they do look ALOT better since i started working em

heres a pic of em i liked shows vascularity a bit mo better..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GB Checking in-photo-64-.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Tron3219 View Post
    If it makes u feel any better I can't get over 425 on squat lol but the size=strength is false to, cuz I think y'all's upper body is bigger then mine and I can rep 355x3 on bench...I have a 405 goal too lol closest I've gotten was 375....
    Definitely bro. You have to look no further than olympic lifters. I've seen a full clean and press of more than 3x bodyweight... INSANE. Something I couldn't even dream of.

I definitely can't hit 355x3... MAYBE for 1... but i'm not even gonna try right now. Slow and steady... 325 in 2 weeks, then 335, etc. I'll get there!

PS - based on your avy, i'm fairly certain you're bigger than me!

none taken yeh theyre only like 23" circumfrence.. nothing special but they do look ALOT better since i started working em

heres a pic of em i liked shows vascularity a bit mo better..
    Yep, looking good. Vascularity in the legs is sweet. I'll get it back someday... still have it in the calves luckily... but on my fat ass thighs... nada!!! I was never able to get down with the leg shaving thing though. Maybe when they get bigger...

glad to see ya checking in bud!

looking forward to see what happens in the next few months

questions: do you feel like you recover faster now that you are on TRT? can you tell that if it helped with your joint problems? do you sleep any better?

glad to see ya checking in bud!

looking forward to see what happens in the next few months
    Me too!!! On the road to 225lbs. 15lbs to go, and roughly 3 months to do it. I think I can do it, realistically, without getting *disgustingly* fat!

questions: do you feel like you recover faster now that you are on TRT? can you tell that if it helped with your joint problems? do you sleep any better?
    Recovery - it's hard to say, but I can tell you that I definitely look forward to getting in the gym more now. Like before, I had days where I just dreaded the idea (don't we all?), now I can't wait to crush it each and every time. I'm not sure if it helped with my joint pain... tbh I think the week off due to power outage was the biggest factor... but it certainly isn't hurting.

Sleep - another tough one for me to answer... i'm not a good subject because I have sleep problems to begin with... I go through bouts of insomnia, sometimes for just 1 night, sometimes for a few in a row up to a week. I can say that the nights I slept well however, I slept VERY well.

Definitely bro. You have to look no further than olympic lifters. I've seen a full clean and press of more than 3x bodyweight... INSANE. Something I couldn't even dream of.

I definitely can't hit 355x3... MAYBE for 1... but i'm not even gonna try right now. Slow and steady... 325 in 2 weeks, then 335, etc. I'll get there!

PS - based on your avy, i'm fairly certain you're bigger than me!
    Yeah Olympic lifter are an anomaly tho lol

Idk bro, I weighed myself today and I weighed 213, bf...no idea really, somewhere bout 13-15%. I REALLY wanna get a bodpod done. I have a caliper but my wife...not so accurate lol

Idk bro, I weighed myself today and I weighed 213, bf...no idea really, somewhere bout 13-15%. I REALLY wanna get a bodpod done. I have a caliper but my wife...not so accurate lol

know what u mean man! the bod pod will humble u right kwik!

wifes calipers (9 site) 7.8%BF

BOD POD 13.1%bf (my avi)

big diff..

How tall are you?

[/B]

know what u mean man! the bod pod will humble u right kwik!

wifes calipers (9 site) 7.8%BF

BOD POD 13.1%bf (my avi)

big diff..
    Tbh - I think the bod pod is much closer, at least based on your avy. 7% is getting into shredded territory, which I just don't see. Calipers are only as accurate as the person taking the reading. It's why I won't get tested... makes me crazy. I had a trainer in the gym pinch me once (I think she only did a 5 site though) and had me at 11% when I knew I was AT LEAST 15. Meh. At the end of the day, go by what you see in the mirror.

How tall are you?

Tbh - I think the bod pod is much closer, at least based on your avy. 7% is getting into shredded territory, which I just don't see. Calipers are only as accurate as the person taking the reading. It's why I won't get tested... makes me crazy. I had a trainer in the gym pinch me once (I think she only did a 5 site though) and had me at 11% when I knew I was AT LEAST 15. Meh. At the end of the day, go by what you see in the mirror.
    I'm 6 foot nothin

Yeah the gym said I was like 10%. I knew it was no way. U can barely see my abs and there's a good amount if fat on my back. When I was 10%(dunk tank) I could see a good outline of my abs and every muscle on my back. I can see most muscles on my back but get a lil vague towards the bottom lol. When I started cutting bout 3 weeks ago (7 pounds down) the estimated eye said 15%, now I think I'm closer to 13/14%

^^ oh i agree completely. one of the reasons i went to bod pod is cuz i knew wifes calipers were way off! in all honesty it doesnt matter as much what the numbers are as it does what the mirror reflects. however, if the bod pod says 6% im sure the mirror is gonna be a marvelous sight!

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<---
    ^^ oh i agree completely. one of the reasons i went to bod pod is cuz i knew wifes calipers were way off! in all honesty it doesnt matter as much what the numbers are as it does what the mirror reflects. however, if the bod pod says 6% im sure the mirror is gonna be a marvelous sight!
    If a bodpod ever told me 6% I'd shit my pants lol

I've never had a bodpod done. Generally how much does it cost to get it done?

If a bodpod ever told me 6% I'd shit my pants lol

I've never had a bodpod done. Generally how much does it cost to get it done?
    apparently it varies a lot. for me $35.00 ive heard some places (california specifically) as much as $200.00

jasc is offline Welcome to the Good Life
    Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<---

apparently it varies a lot. for me $35.00 ive heard some places (california specifically) as much as $200.00
    crazy how much the price varies.. You can get em around here (OH) all day for $25 but I've also seen em locally upwards of $75

Not worth getting it done for me atm... even for $25 bucks. My number doesn't matter. The reading will simply say "STOP EATING!!!"

Today's workout: Cardio/conditioning

All performed fasted:

5 minute light walk

15 mins moderate intensity elliptical (hands free, more like a jog)

Circuit (repeated 5 times):

60 seconds - Kettlebell swings
    60 seconds - Plank
    30 - box jumps
    20 - decline sit ups

Drenched!!!

Today's workout: Cardio/conditioning

All performed fasted:

5 minute light walk

15 mins moderate intensity elliptical (hands free, more like a jog)

Circuit (repeated 5 times):

60 seconds - Kettlebell swings
    60 seconds - Plank
    30 - box jumps
    20 - decline sit ups

Drenched!!!
    i love doing these type of workouts!

nark had posted up some workouts, and i incorporate them in at times.

i love doing these type of workouts!

nark had posted up some workouts, and i incorporate them in at times.
    Funny you mention Nark. He *might* have had something to do with this workout!! No worries though. I don't share his work as I know he wouldn't appreciate it. I modify just about everything (slightly) before posting here.

gearbox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Thanks for update on your work out gb. Little cross fit to shred the fat

Quote Originally Posted by gearbox View Post
    Thanks for update on your work out gb. Little cross fit to shred the fat
    Thanks bud. I wish it was to shred the fat. Keeping it at bay, at best!!

hey gb i sent u a pm when u have time

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information