jamesz123 is offline Associate Member

Apple cider vinigar

ANYONE has experience with it and is it good for a ripped look year round, Assuming all else is good (diet, workouts etc). thx
    Plus how do you guys use it.

DanB is offline Banned
    it has duiretic properties but wont "keep you ripped year round" simply drop a little water

low bodyfat gives the.look you are looking for sub 12%

what is your current bodyfat as a matter of interest?

and i do know a bit about it but havnt personally used it so therefore cannot advise you on amounts, but i think you are going to be disappointed with results from it to be honest

unfortunately there is no.quick fix for the look you desire just diet cardio supps etc

What does a below 12% bf look like. I thought I was lean enough but this trainer at a gym made me hold a sort of device and she read the numbers on it and said "good, you Only have 16% bf" I was surprised to say the least. I have no belly (can see most of my abs). Am lean and hardish - do not have a roundish look, 'pressed' muscular chest etc ...what is going on ?

johnnylucifer is offline Junior Member
    You'll have to post a pic. We're pretty good at estimating BF based on a pic.

At 16% a fairly pronounced belly would typically show up on most guys. Maybe suck-in-able at best. So I'd say her numbers are off somehow.

From my personal experience I've always seen single digit bodyfat is where the layman will start calling you ripped.
    Last edited by johnnylucifer; 10-13-2012 at 07:30 PM. Reason: speeling error

mockery is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    sub 4 % is ripped. i have seen guys 6-9 % with cuts not showing. everyone is different in this regard.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylucifer View Post
    You'll have to post a pic. We're pretty good at estimating BF based on a pic.

At 16% a fairly pronounced belly would typically show up on most guys. Maybe suck-in-able at best. So I'd say her numbers are off somehow.

From my personal experience I've always seen single digit bodyfat is where the layman will start calling you ripped.
    Yeah 16% , not me. I do not have a belly or a rounded look to my ANY AREA, be it lats, midsection, chin etc. I would think a 16% would be what a layman would say that "he just started going to the gym - we should see some changes soon".....
    Actually I am leaner than most. I think her device or numbers were off. Anyway I was wondering what the best way to use Apple Cider vinegar is to help water retention. Three times a day , a couple of table spoons on your chicken or something ?

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    myth

Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    myth
    meaning it does not work practically speaking ?

Zodiac82 is offline AR's Scrapple Lover
    tried it didn't do anything....no weight or fat lose

Quote Originally Posted by jamesz123 View Post
    meaning it does not work practically speaking ?
    meaning if it worked we'd all be doing it..................

johnnylucifer is offline Junior Member
    I believe it was Stallone that started the apple cider thing. I'm not sure why it would work, but he and a few other celebs have their claims. I'm unable to find any studies or sources to back it up.

stpete is offline Banned
    I believe it was Stallone that started the apple cider thing. I'm not sure why it would work, but he and a few other celebs have their claims. I'm unable to find any studies or sources to back it up.
    UH, it's because they get paid.

Quote Originally Posted by stpete View Post
    UH, it's because they get paid.
    no doubt. folklore medicine attributes many benefits to injesting apple cider vinegar. 99% are BS imho

There is this UK 'natural' bodybuilder that puts his clients on it ! Forgot his name.

digsy1983 is offline Member
    It's grouped in with stuff like cinnamon,chilli, pepper, citrus fruits. Thermogenic foods, meant to speed up your metabolism thus increasing fat burning even when your body is at rest. A couple of months ago I was forever incorporating these into my diet, then I can across an article that stated the most extra cals burned you can expect from using all the thermogenic is roughly 60-80 extra cals burned throughout the day.

Bottom line is diet and cardio is best for that 'ripped' look. Thermogenic foods will help but the different will he so slight I wouldn't put any time or effort into them. Spend that time running up and down stairs!

Thread Information