Thread: Eat.stop.Eat

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    krugerr is offline Knowledgeable Member

Eat.stop.Eat

Hey guys, I was recommended to read Eat.Stop.Eat to help aid with my IF. It appears to only be a digital download from a bogus looking website [EatStopEat.com].
    Are there any other books that you can recommend? I want a physical book that I can take with me to work/Uni/Bed! Many thanks for the replies.

Feedback on the good books and the bad books would be very much appreciated.

Krugerr

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    There are many different 'flavors' of IF dieting, but I find leangains to be by far the best approach where bodybuilding is concerned. A lot (many) of the others are strictly for people looking to change their eating habits and/or lose some 'weight', but not necessarily be concerned with their aesthetic appearance.

eazyduzit is offline Associate Member
    Eat stop eat is a great read, i printed it off and took it around with me wherever i had to go. its about 78 pages or so

mockery is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    its a good read. has some good stuff to learn. but i wouldn't follow its IF protocol

Thanks for the feedback guys!!

fatman225 is offline Associate Member
    In general it has a lot of great info on IF. For the general population doing the fast 2 or 3 times a week would work fine, but I do not recall Brad Pilon even saying it was the "only" way to do it. He just figures the 2 or 3 x weekly is easier for most people to stick to.

Personally I find what I do each day on a consistent basis to be easier.

For learning in detail how IF works ESE is a great read, and goes into detail cutting up the myths that most of us lived by the last decade, or more, of our lives.

Quote Originally Posted by fatman225 View Post
    In general it has a lot of great info on IF. For the general population doing the fast 2 or 3 times a week would work fine, but I do not recall Brad Pilon even saying it was the "only" way to do it. He just figures the 2 or 3 x weekly is easier for most people to stick to.

Personally I find what I do each day on a consistent basis to be easier.

For learning in detail how IF works ESE is a great read, and goes into detail cutting up the myths that most of us lived by the last decade, or more, of our lives.
    Could u elaborate on ESE? Tried searching for it but got nothing

fatman225 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eazyduzit View Post
    Could u elaborate on ESE? Tried searching for it but got nothing
    It's and E-book, written by Brad Pilon, where he talks about the benefits of Intermittent Fasting, goes over research, how he came to his conclusions, and breaks a lot of myths about building muscle and losing fat.
    http://www.eatstopeat.com/

I did pay for it, I've talking to Brad via e-mail a number of times, and I'd say its the best info I've EVER paid for, and no I'm not being paid to say that, and I'm no Brad himself either.

In short the program Brad suggests is for people to eat a normal portion 3 meals a day, with normal food choices, not eating overly clean, and to reduce the total amount of calories consumed in a week by having 2 or 3 fasts that are 24 hours long, where the fast starts after the last meal on say , a monday, and then ends at that same meal time on tuesday, hence 24 hours, fasted a few times a week, should create a caloric deficit great enough for most people to lose weight. Brad believes that the less often fasts are easier to adapt to, but does concede that if someone can adapt to doing it daily they would see even faster results.

I chose to do daily fasts, and although since I reached my goal I have an 8 hour, or 2 meal eating window each day, some days if its a big meal I only eat once.

My bad fatman i thought by ESE u meant something other than eat stop eat xD I was in a bit of a rush whilst reading :-) But at least others who don't know what ESE is now do

Going to be buying this today then. Thanks FatMan, your own weightloss thread is pretty inspirational!

Thread Information