realgear is offline Banned

can you drop bfi% while on a bulk cycle??

Can I cut down on my bfi while on a bulk cycle or should I wait for a cut cycle?

ironbeck is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    yes you can , its called a lean bulk cycle......

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by ironbeck View Post
    yes you can , its called a lean bulk cycle......
    I respectfully disagree. The goal of a lean bulk cycle is to add as much LBM as possible with as little fat possible. Some fat gain should still be expected, but nothing along the lines of a traditional bulk if the diet/training are dialed in.

My advice to the OP is choose a primary goal and stick with it until you're happy. Either work on adding mass while keeping bodyfat gains to a minimum (lean bulk) or work on reducing bodyfat while maintaining as much LBM as possible.
    Last edited by gbrice75; 10-22-2012 at 08:43 AM. Reason: avoiding confusion! :P

Gbrice that's exactly what I was thinking bulk up get were I want then cut down later on with a cut cycle thanks for the great info.

No problem. What's your current BF%?

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    So you can't convert Bf to LBM? No way. . . . Jk

If your Bf% is too high(like mine) cut until it is dialed down to where you want it to be. Then go for a solid bulk, juice or not. We want just LBM gain and fat loss. Not, fat gain or LBM loss while cutting.

Sucks, I know. . . .

Bfi is 16.4% 200 lbs 5'8" 28 years old.

ironbeck is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    I respectfully disagree. The goal of a lean bulk cycle is to add as much LBM as possible with as little fat possible. Some fat gain should still be expected, but nothing along the lines of a traditional bulk if the diet/training are dialed in.

My advice to the OP is choose a primary goal and stick with it until you're happy. Either work on adding mass while keeping bodyfat gains to a minimum (lean bulk) or work on reducing bodyfat while maintaining as much LBM as possible.
    Then what would it be call going from 220 20%bf to 220 14%bf ?

A recomp! :P

Blog Entries

Incorrect readings or a excellent body re-composition.

Possible I say, but difficult to do. Diet is a must and your body has to agree with what you are doing. Or you will just sit and have no progress.

Let me be clear - in my OP, I didn't disagree with dropping bodyfat while adding LBM at the same time (well, not EXACTLY the same time, but I digress), I disagreed with your definition of a lean bulk.

A recomp is a slow process where you slowly reduce bodyfat while slowly adding LBM. Did I mention it's slow?

It's doable, but for a lot of people, particularly young guys who want it all now, it's not practical IMO. Hence the reason I suggested what I did to the OP, as I feel it would be the better option in his case.

Im 28 and just got out of the pen for 6 years im used to taking my time guys no rush here im working on a diet plan what stuff should I load up on when I go Shopping I was thinking Oatmeal P-butter Salmon and talapaya Whats good for rice Supplement Im going to look at the nutrition board also.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member

i agree.

either:
    lean bulk to minimize fat build up, or...
    cut, and reduce bf% and try to retain as much lbm as possible.

losieloos is offline Associate Member
    Its all in the diet with a lil cardio, its simple so yes to your question

Well one thing I know for sure nothing is easy in the fitness world.

Quote Originally Posted by realgear View Post
    Im 28 and just got out of the pen for 6 years im used to taking my time guys no rush here im working on a diet plan what stuff should I load up on when I go Shopping I was thinking Oatmeal P-butter Salmon and talapaya Whats good for rice Supplement Im going to look at the nutrition board also.
    Stick with nutrient dense whole foods for best results:

Lean Proteins: Boneless Skinless Chicken/Turkey breast, egg whites, protein powders, low fat cottage cheese, nonfat Greek Yogurt, white flakey fish (tuna, tilapia, etc).

Complex Carbs: Rice (all kinds), oats, grits, potatoes (white/sweet etc), yams, cous cous, lentils and beans, brown pasta and breads (minimal)

Fibrous Veggies: Any leafy greens - broccoli, spinach, green lettuces, green beans, brussell sprouts, asparagus, etc etc

Fats: nuts and nut butters, avacado, various oils (olive, coconut, etc)

Protein/Fat combos: whole eggs, lean beef (top sirloin, flank, 95/5 ground, etc), oily fish (salmon, mackerel, sardines, etc)

Incomplete but should be plenty compose a solid diet with.

PillarofBalance is offline Junior Member
    Bulk without gaining fat? Whats next, chubby cutting?

You can reduce the amount of fat you gain with things like T3, GH, carb cycling, cardio... But screw that. Don't be afraid to put on some fat.

^^ within reason. It's counter productive to add pounds and pounds of fat what MIGHT equate to a couple pounds of LBM after a grueling cut. Just add mass slowly and pay attention to fat gains. Monitor and adjust. Monitor and adjust. Repeat!!

Blog Entries
    ^^ within reason. It's counter productive to add pounds and pounds of fat what MIGHT equate to a couple pounds of LBM after a grueling cut. Just add mass slowly and pay attention to fat gains. Monitor and adjust. Monitor and adjust. Repeat!!
    I somehow know this best. . . Ugggh

I gained 60 pounds < Oh yeah real cool out of the 60 Lbs. gained 15+ was Lbm. That was just crap. . . . Getting heavier does not mean you are only gaining LBM.

When you are doing anything you need to monitor yourself. The closer the better. . . . When losing weight, you don't want to lose LBM. When bulking you want to gain LBM and not fat. Even maintaining you want to take note of what's going on with your body. Like if you are having loss of strength. Why? Are you losing LBM and gaining fat?

Gets quite a bit easier over time.

I am still running a good cut and still losing weight where I want. Yet I am no longer writing out my daily diet. I keep track of all my #'s in my head, I seriously add everything a few times a day. It's quite easy just because my diet does not change from day to day much at all.

Thread Information