Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    LiL P is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post

curious to ur logic behind this whole thing?
    This

21yearsold is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    curious to ur logic behind this whole thing?

Basically I'm trying to lose as much weight as possible the healthy way. Actually, with the shake added it comes out to 2000 calories-ish. But the whole reason I threw that in there is cause I hate eating eggs every breakfast on these types of diets. But I think that any meal plan I choose daily that is less than 2200kcals will result in me losing weight as long as I exercise like I'm planning to. So- why not just vary it up? The swole.me application will randomize a daily meal plan for you based on number of meals, desired macro percentage and number of calories allotted for this diet.

falco21 is offline Associate Member
    A lot of people have commented already with great feedback, but let me give my 2 cents with low carb diets, considering I lost 40 lbs doing one.

First off, you should have never gave in within that first week. That's the hardest part and the part you need to push through. I learned that your body will go into shock with the loss of carbs due to it not being used to the change. You will feel like complete shit. That's just what comes with entering ketosis. I was in the same boat. I wanted to quit because I felt terrible. Had no energy and just wanted to sleep all day. I stuck with it and sure enough, I started to feel GREAT!

All my motivation came back and I was making progress like I never had before. Energy was through the roof as well. Like I said, it's that initial change that really feels terrible. Once you get through that, it's all downhill from there. You just need to stick with it.

I lost a good chunk of weight doing this. I also refed on tons of carbs every Sunday. I ate all complex carbs just to refeed my body and put it through that initial shock again. Low carb diets are not for everyone, but if you stick with it, you might be extremely happy with the results.

Quote Originally Posted by falco21 View Post
    A lot of people have commented already with great feedback, but let me give my 2 cents with low carb diets, considering I lost 40 lbs doing one.

First off, you should have never gave in within that first week. That's the hardest part and the part you need to push through. I learned that your body will go into shock with the loss of carbs due to it not being used to the change. You will feel like complete shit. That's just what comes with entering ketosis. I was in the same boat. I wanted to quit because I felt terrible. Had no energy and just wanted to sleep all day. I stuck with it and sure enough, I started to feel GREAT!

All my motivation came back and I was making progress like I never had before. Energy was through the roof as well. Like I said, it's that initial change that really feels terrible. Once you get through that, it's all downhill from there. You just need to stick with it.

I lost a good chunk of weight doing this. I also refed on tons of carbs every Sunday. I ate all complex carbs just to refeed my body and put it through that initial shock again. Low carb diets are not for everyone, but if you stick with it, you might be extremely happy with the results.
    You've inspired me to try again. I'm going to follow up with another Meal Plan post.

--BREAKFAST (0830)--
    Turkey Sausage 4.5oz: 247.5kcals/0carbs/32protein/14fat
    EGGS 2-Xtra Large: 160kcals/0carbs/14protein/12fat

TOTALS: 407.5kcals/0carbs/46protein/26fat

--PRE_LIFT (1130)--
    Wild King Salmon 10oz: 520kcals/0carbs/60protein/30fat

--LIFT (1200)--

--POST_LIFT (1330)--
    Ground Turkey 2-4oz Patty: 386kcals/0carbs/44protein/22fat

--AFTERNOON (1700)--
    Chicken Breast 1.5 (NO BONES/SKIN): 426kcals/0carbs/81protein/9fat

--EVENING (2030)--

--TOTALS--
    CALORIES: 2089.5
    CARBS: 0 (G)
    PROTEIN: 321 (G)
    FAT: 109 (G)

MACROS:
    -75% Protein
    -25% Fat

InsaneInTheMembrane is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    I've skipped all the other posts so pardon me if I get redundant

- If you've gained sudden weight in the last year like you said, you need to think about your health in the bigger picture. Have you changed jobs? are you sleeping less? You may have a medical condition that is messing up your metabolism and/or endocrine system. Get comprehensive bloodwork IMHO

- On diet, a ketogenic diet is generally not reccommended beyond 2-3 weeks at a time, thats why people do them in cycles. The hardest part of a ketogenic diet is the first few days to a week when your body is overhauling its enzyme profile to cope with all the additional fat and protein it has to metabolize. This explains the moodiness, depression, lethargy, etc... You need to tough it out until your body becomes efficient at switching on/off ketosis as you start cycling more and more

labuski is offline Junior Member
    I consider myself pretty knowledgeable on ketogenic diets. OP you need your fat intake a lot higher. You suffer from metabolic syndrome, protein intake that high will be converted to glucose which will give you insulin spikes (which in turn will have you feeling like shit) and along with the spike your body will try to store the fat you are eating which is the opposite of what you are going for.

There's no point in having NO carbs. It should be LOW carbs. Get some nutrients from some veggies. The point is to stay in ketosis. So just keep them low enough <=20 if you are not active at all.

It's late so I'm going to bed, but I will check back tomorrow.

edit: i've also lost around 40 pounds in a little over 2 months using a ketogenic diet.

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneInTheMembrane View Post
    I've skipped all the other posts so pardon me if I get redundant

- If you've gained sudden weight in the last year like you said, you need to think about your health in the bigger picture. Have you changed jobs? are you sleeping less? You may have a medical condition that is messing up your metabolism and/or endocrine system. Get comprehensive bloodwork IMHO

- On diet, a ketogenic diet is generally not reccommended beyond 2-3 weeks at a time, thats why people do them in cycles. The hardest part of a ketogenic diet is the first few days to a week when your body is overhauling its enzyme profile to cope with all the additional fat and protein it has to metabolize. This explains the moodiness, depression, lethargy, etc... You need to tough it out until your body becomes efficient at switching on/off ketosis as you start cycling more and more
    I don't have a problem doing 3-week cycles. I just am not sure how long the breaks in cycle should be and what nutritional value I should be focused on.

IMO don't worry about cycling it. Let's just lose the weight before you start worrying about that. Once you get down to a acceptable level, then worry about carb loading or cycling.

One more thing, ketogenic is not the way to go if you can't be strict with your diet. Bouncing in and out of ketosis every other day sucks and will not give you the results you seek. Everyone that I know personally have all lost on a ketogenic diet. When they didn't it was because they weren't as strict as they thought.

Quote Originally Posted by labuski View Post
    I consider myself pretty knowledgeable on ketogenic diets. OP you need your fat intake a lot higher. You suffer from metabolic syndrome, protein intake that high will be converted to glucose which will give you insulin spikes (which in turn will have you feeling like shit) and along with the spike your body will try to store the fat you are eating which is the opposite of what you are going for.

There's no point in having NO carbs. It should be LOW carbs. Get some nutrients from some veggies. The point is to stay in ketosis. So just keep them low enough <=20 if you are not active at all.

It's late so I'm going to bed, but I will check back tomorrow.

edit: i've also lost around 40 pounds in a little over 2 months using a ketogenic diet.
    I understand where you're coming from here. I was thinking about adding some fruits and veggies in anyways. I'll repost with necessary amendments.

--BREAKFAST (0830)--
    Turkey Sausage 4.5oz: 247.5kcals/0carbs/32protein/14fat
    EGGS 2-Xtra Large: 160kcals/0carbs/14protein/12fat

TOTALS: 407.5kcals/0carbs/46protein/26fat

--PRE_LIFT (1130)--
    Wild King Salmon 10oz: 520kcals/0carbs/60protein/30fat

--LIFT (1200)--

--POST_LIFT (1330)--

--AFTERNOON (1700)--
    Chicken Breast 1.5 (NO BONES/SKIN): 426kcals/0carbs/81protein/9fat

--EVENING (2030)--

--FRUITS AND VEGGIES--
    -2.5oz Baby Carrots: 25kcals/6carbs/0protein/0fat
    -80g Peas: 62.5kcals/12.5carbs/4.5protein/0fat
    -30g Spinach: 7kcals/1carbs/1protein/0fat
    -75g Avocado: 140kcals/8carbs/3protein/13fat
    -152g Watermelon: 46kcals/11carbs/1protein/0fat

--TOTALS--
    CALORIES: 2370
    CARBS: 38.5 (G) (ALL FROM FRUITS/VEGGIES)
    PROTEIN: 330.5 (G)
    FAT: 122 (G)

MACROS:
    -8% Carbs
    -67% Protein
    -25% Fat

LiL P is offline Associate Member
    Good too see you added some fruit and veg you were about too be shitting bricks

Side note i dont understand why people Keto diet? losing 2-3 lbs a week is easy on a 40/40/20 this is prob not the right place to post but am i missing the point of this low carb seems awfully taxing for maybe slightly better results?

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    This thread is all over the place. Good luck dude!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information