ironbeck is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries

Looking for help with my nutrition pls

I know there are some guys on this site with real good experience with nutrition, so I'm thinking I need to get a little more serious about my diet if I want to break through and improve results. This is a list of my average daily intake. I'm 38 5'9" currently 215lbs at about 14% BF I'm looking to replace another 10lbs of BF with muscle.

1st meal 5am
    1/2 cup oats, mixed with small handful of walnuts, teaspoon honey, 1 tablespoon all natural peanut butter, half banana
    3 cups of coffee with half-half and sugar

2nd meal 9am
    Protein bar, 1 hard boiled egg

3rd meal 12p
    1/2 cup oats made the same way as 1st meal
    Sandwich- 2 slices 15 grain bread, mustard, tbsp miracle whip, 2-3 slices chicken deli meat, 1 slice Swiss cheese
    1 can tuna fish
    (usually 2 cans of cokes through out the work day)

4th meal 4:30p
    post workout protein shake

5th meal 7p
    4 fish filets (1tbsp olive oil and garlic)
    1 potato (made with 1/2 tbsp unsalted butter and rosemary)
    1 1/2 cup of a vegetable
    1 beer with dinner

6th meal 9:30p
    1/2 cup of oats made the same way as 1st meal, 1hard boiled egg

This is a average day, some days I eat more , dependent on what we are doing at work

boxa06 is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ironbeck View Post
    I know there are some guys on this site with real good experience with nutrition, so I'm thinking I need to get a little more serious about my diet if I want to break through and improve results. This is a list of my average daily intake. I'm 38 5'9" currently 215lbs at about 14% BF I'm looking to replace another 10lbs of BF with muscle.

1st meal 5am
    1/2 cup oats, mixed with small handful of walnuts, teaspoon honey, 1 tablespoon all natural peanut butter, half banana
    3 cups of coffee with half-half and sugar
    drop walnuts, honey and pb, introduce a whole egg and egg whites

2nd meal 9am
    Protein bar, 1 hard boiled egg
    drop bar and maybe have something like chicken breast and veg or if your in a rush have a tin of tuna

3rd meal 12p
    1/2 cup oats made the same way as 1st meal
    Sandwich- 2 slices 15 grain bread, mustard, tbsp miracle whip, 2-3 slices chicken deli meat, 1 slice Swiss cheese
    1 can tuna fish
    (usually 2 cans of cokes through out the work day)
    drop the coke, mustard, cheese and have a larger portion of meat, chicken or fish. also I prefer not to used processed foods like bread.

4th meal 4:30p
    post workout protein shake

5th meal 7p
    4 fish filets (1tbsp olive oil and garlic)
    1 potato (made with 1/2 tbsp unsalted butter and rosemary)
    1 1/2 cup of a vegetable
    1 beer with dinner
    very good meal apart from the beer lol

6th meal 9:30p
    1/2 cup of oats made the same way as 1st meal, 1hard boiled egg
    cottage cheese would be good as a late meal and maybe have your healthy fats here eg. nuts

This is a average day, some days I eat more , dependent on what we are doing at work
    My suggestions are in bold. It would be more accurate if you came up with tdee and macro count. That way we could really have a look.

Hope this helps.

Blog Entries
    interesting, I knew i would have to drop the soda and beer, but why mustard? tks for the response.

boxa06 is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ironbeck View Post
    interesting, I knew i would have to drop the soda and beer, but why mustard? tks for the response.
    Depends of what level of dieting you want to do. The mustard is ok if you just want to eat healthy but it's processed unneeded source of calories if you're on a hardcore diet. Maybe just do a few changes per week so it's not so full on for you. You may not need to be as fussy as me

ShredMN is offline Banned
    For bulking, walnuts, honey, and PB would be a good choice. If your cutting though, try to limit your sugar. Also walnuts are pretty high in calories.

Blog Entries
    in the last 6 months I have gone from 232 lbs at 21% bf to 215 at 14% BF as you can see I have made a complete transformation IMO,(have gained some good muscle) abs are coming in nicely, but of coarse progress has slowed down, and now I'm thinking I need to make some diet changes...I don't want to lose anymore weight, just BF. I guess you could say I was/am lean bulking. I agree a good step is too cut my sugar intake down, I do try to eat a minimum of processed foods..they make me feel dirty and lethargic. Most of my weight loss is due to sweating all day at work, but its winter time now.
    tks for the response.

Blog Entries
    Bump

Thread Information