Doppy is offline Junior Member

Fixing to start my first cycle and was recommended to get diet help!!!!!

I'm soon to be starting my first test e cycle and have been doing a lot of talking and brain picking with vet members. I'm going to follow the directions I received to the T one of them was to run my diet in this forum for advice and any changes. My typical day is 6am 2 breakfast tacos steak beans cheese and bacon, 8am 60 gr protien shake and piece of fruit usually a banana and tablespoon peanut butter. Straight to the gym 10 am 2 chicken breast with a form of a small potato 1pm turkey sandwich with 8-10 pieces of turkey and 2 slices of cheese on white. Between 1 and 4 usually 2 jars of fruit flavored yogurt . 230 pm back to the gym 30 gr whey shake after.4 pm 2 large chicken breast with bacon and Swiss with a half wheat bun 10 pm 4-5 filets of fish usually salmon or talaria hand full of almonds and another piece of fruit and straight to bed ....... The protien shake Is beyond raw's ravage with 1200 calories and 140 carbs but 60 gr protien...

I've never been a calorie counter just aimed for protien and carbs.

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by Doppy View Post
    I'm soon to be starting my first test e cycle and have been doing a lot of talking and brain picking with vet members. I'm going to follow the directions I received to the T one of them was to run my diet in this forum for advice and any changes. My typical day is 6am 2 breakfast tacos steak beans cheese and bacon, 8am 60 gr protien shake and piece of fruit usually a banana and tablespoon peanut butter. Straight to the gym 10 am 2 chicken breast with a form of a small potato 1pm turkey sandwich with 8-10 pieces of turkey and 2 slices of cheese on white. Between 1 and 4 usually 2 jars of fruit flavored yogurt . 230 pm back to the gym 30 gr whey shake after.4 pm 2 large chicken breast with bacon and Swiss with a half wheat bun 10 pm 4-5 filets of fish usually salmon or talaria hand full of almonds and another piece of fruit and straight to bed ....... The protien shake Is beyond raw's ravage with 1200 calories and 140 carbs but 60 gr protien...
    What are your goals with the foods above in BOLD?
    white bread?
    tacos?
    fruit flavored yogurt?
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

Goals are as much lean mass as possible and I I don't think I have many carbs in my diet just trying to make sure I have enough quick energy for both workouts in a day

Plus I wait tables at really busy resturant I wear a pedometer and have a brisk walk of average 16 to 18 miles in a 5 hour shift I have a fear of burning way more carbs, fat and calories than I consume as i train very hard also.Please know I'm not saying this is the diet I will use during my cycle it's just what I'm doing as of now. I am asking for help and can assure you I will follow it to a T I have all the willingness just need some more knowledge!

I'm a few weeks out from staring my cycle but I want to get my diet straight and going well and in full force before i start

Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"
    Log your entire days intake with a complete breakdown of Cals, pro, carbs and fat per each meal and total end of day!!!!!!!!!!

C'mon..this is that test of conviction I spoke of!

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Hey doppy

1. Stats: age weight height bf%

2. A lot of sugar and poor fat choices IMo that need to be resolved.

3. Nutrient timing (carbs and fat in same meal specifically) needs to be dealt with

4. What are total cals and macros of above diet?

5. Read stickies: a) how to bulk
    B) Dieting 101: cutting (this will add insight to proper diet even though u rnt cutting rite now)

6. Ill get back with u tomorrow when i have laptop.

7. As opposed to paragraph format:

(0700) meal1: ..........

(1030) Pre workout meal2: .........

Noon lift

(1330) PWO MEAL3: ................

(1630): meal4: .............

Total cals......
    Pro.....
    Carb....
    Fat......

Is better and easier to read = better responses..
    Last edited by --->>405<<---; 10-31-2012 at 08:04 PM.

Bought a scale today link I start weighing tommorow will post it all tommorow you have my word

And a note book Im committed just watch I haven't got that 10 years we talked about by not staying true to my word and commitments

And a note book Im committed just watch I haven't got that 10 years we talked about by not staying true to my word and commitments
    Fair enough....looking forward to watching this progress!

I gave you guys my word and here it is as I desperately want to get all the size and mass results I can

Im 34 yrs old 6'2, 215lbs, measured today at 10.6 bf
    Today my diet was as follows
    6:15 am 1protien shake 850 cal/60gr pro/ 10gr fat/ 130 carbs
    1 banana 110 cal/ 1 gr pro / 0 fat/ 30 carb
    16oz milk with shake 300 cal/ 16 gr pro/5gr fat/ 24 carbs
    4 oz vanilla yogurt 100 cal/ 5 gr pro/ 1.5gr fat/ 17 carb
    Breakfast total 1260 cal/ 82gr protien/16.5 fat/201 carbs

Pre workout 830 am -
    1 4 oz chick breast / 110 cal/ 20 pro/ 2.5fat/ o carbs
    1- tbls peanut butter/ 100 cal/ 3 pro/ 16 fat / 6 carb
    1 banana 110 cal/ 1 gr pro / 0 fat/ 30 carb
    Pre workout total 320 cal/24 gr pro/18.5 fat/ 36 carbs

Gym 9 am chest day- flat bench pyramids 10/8/6/4/2, 175lbs/195/225/245/265 - 4 sets
    Ran the ladder cable pulleys 10 reps each notch 23 notches 30lbs
    Decline bp pyramid 10/8/6/4/2, 175lbs/195/225/245/265 - 4 sets
    Flat bp drop set 245 8 rep/195 8 rep/145 14 rep/ 95 16 rep
    Ran the ladder cable pulleys 8 reps each notch 23 notches 35lbs
    Incline pyramid 10/8/6/4/2 - 135/155/175/195/215 2 sets

Post WO meal 11:00 am Shake/ 850 cal/ 60 pro/ 10 fat/130 carb
    8 oz ck breast/ 220 cal/ 40 pro/ 5 fat/ 0 carb
    Post WO total 1170 cal/ 100 pro/ 15 fat/130 carb

Lunch 1pm 8 oz chick / 220 cal / 40 pro/ 5 fat/ 0 carbs

Work 2 p.m. Pedometer read 14.2 miles walked 1449 cal burned

Snack 500pm. 8oz yogurt /200cal/ 10pr/3fat/34carbs

Gym 800 pm Ran the ladder cable pulleys 8 reps each notch 23 notches 35lbs
    Burn out on smith machine 225 16 reps then 12 reps

Supper 845 pm 16 oz baked talapia/ 400 cal/ 80gr pro/10 fat/ 0 carb
    8 oz br rice / 340 cal/ 8 gr pro/ 3 fat /70 carbs
    4 oz broccoli ??????????
    Supper total 740/88/13/70

Daily totals 4910 cal/ 344 pro/71 fat/ 470 carbs will take any and all advice specially from you Lunk I'm growing rather fond of ya lol!!!!! ;-)
    Last edited by Doppy; 11-01-2012 at 09:55 PM.

doppy i dont know if ur one of those super fast metabolism guys? (if so congrats ) nor do i know if u have actually established ur true maintenance cals (?) but a good rule of thumb for starting to figure required cals is (LBM x 15).

for u this is 215lbs 10.6%bf
    215 x .894(%LBM) = 192.21(LBS LBM)
    192.21 x 15 = 2883cals (rough starting maintenance)

IMO this is a conservative number which may err to the side of caution (LOW). ur proposed diet above (which i havent even looked at the food sources) puts u with a surplus daily of 2026cals. based on this in all likelihood u will gain a substantial amount of body fat running this diet.

curious to hear ur answer to my 2 questions highlighted above in bold??

405..... This isn't a dirt plan per say I'm completely new to all this.... This was just my diet yesterday I was a long time wrestler ( 18 yrs) and never really had a diet plan per say it was eat all you can then starve to make weigh ins. Since leaving college ( until recently ) I've always ate what or as much as I wanted and stayed chizzeled and big. But as of the last year I can not even maintain the size or definition I have with increased work or food intake I'm down about 10 lbs from last year and not as defined as I was at 225. Although I'm lifting more. I came to the conclusion age is catching up. So I'm going to start a test e cycle and need diet advice on what I "need" to be doing just to thru to get back to at least 225 and solid????? I will listen and follow direction to a t

405 if you read my post with my diet I put in there my daily activity also I burn well over 2000 calories a day every day

how many cycles have u done? how long has it been since ur last cycle? did u do proper pct? have u had post cycle blood work to eliminate the possibility of natty test probs?

the reason im asking this is because from reading ur last post the first thing that popped into my mind was "this sounds like it could be a natty test problem".. it could also be what u said (getting older). of course with age comes less optimal hormone levels.

I'm fixing to do my first cycle as soon as I'm armed with the proper diet and research. I've taken d Bol in college but wasnt a cycle per say it was simply here take these for a while they will make you bigger and stronger. The cycle I'm going to take is test e 150 twice a week for 11 weeks then pct

so ur gonna do test e at 300mg per week? seems a bit low. im no cycle expert and since i see u know lunk am going to assume he has helped u with ur cycle. 11 weeks also seems a bit odd

the diet u posted above have u been eating like this for awhile?

whats in the 850cal shake? where do the carbs come from?

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    so ur gonna do test e at 300mg per week? seems a bit low. im no cycle expert and since i see u know lunk am going to assume he has helped u with ur cycle. 11 weeks also seems a bit odd

the diet u posted above have u been eating like this for awhile?

whats in the 850cal shake? where do the carbs come from?
    Uh...no! I never suggest anything less than 500 per week for 12 weeks!!! I have to go look but I think I just sent his butt over here right away lol.

Was recommended 10-12 weeks. To me that's 11 right? Lol the 300 most the guys recommended and stated not much difference in 3 and 500 but will bump to 5 if need be I'm going strictly on the info from people I've talked to here( the experts) the shake is beyond raw 's ravage its a protien/ mass builder I've been eating like this for 6 months or better.

I've been taking bits and pieces from different people. If I need 500 I will do

Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1 View Post
    Uh...no! I never suggest anything less than 500 per week for 12 weeks!!! I have to go look but I think I just sent his butt over here right away lol.
    LMAO!! sorry Lunk didnt mean to drag ur name thru the mud dude LOL..

I think lunk is right his advice was to get my diet straight first get a scale start measuring portions and log for you guys to have more info ...... So I did

Was recommended 10-12 weeks. To me that's 11 right? Lol the 300 most the guys recommended and stated not much difference in 3 and 500 but will bump to 5 if need be I'm going strictly on the info from people I've talked to here( the experts) the shake is beyond raw 's ravage its a protien/ mass builder I've been eating like this for 6 months or better.
    funny.. rite in the middle huh?

i recall u stated "until recently" u could stay lean and maintain more mass.. how far back does "recently" go?

About a year ago is when I noticed things changing. Definition/weight I shrugged it off at first but as it continued over the next 6 months I started to try to do something to change it. Eat more even force feed at times and lift longer harder and more often. As that seemed to help but have found its only slowing it down I'm still loosing size and defenition just a bit slower than it was at first. Bottom line I think my body is f****** getting older and my brain isn't ready for it to yet! So I am going to do whatever I have to to prolong the inevitable!

It's hell getting older I guess until all this I ate what I wanted when I wanted and simply went to the gym cuz I enjoyed going to the gym, and stayed bigger and more defined than anyone around here for sure.

well it seems as though eating more (while it may prolong u losing LBM) will prob not help u get/stay leaner. u should not be losing LBM if ur eating enuff calories. the only thing that makes me think why this would be happening is ur natty test levels may be dropping.

if i were u id get them checked. im assuming u have insurance? if so i suggest u use it man.

think about it. calories preserve LBM. for most of us they (when eaten in abundance) cause us to store body fat. if u got to ur current weight (LBM weight) natty there seems to be no reason u shouldnt be able to maintain it. it seems to me ur body composition is slowly going in reverse of what testosterone affords us.

when i got on TRT i gained muscle and lost fat. ur losing muscle and gaining fat. see what i mean??? if this is the case running a cycle is only gonna prolong ur ability to hang onto muscle for a little while (while ur on). once u come off, if ur natty test is already low now u will prob have a better chance of not recovering during PCT. (correct me if im wrong here Lunk).

IMO from what uve told me i would consider making an appt with the doc. this is assuming all the info u have provided is correct and ur diet has not changed. itd be worth the appointment especially before u cycle. u wanna really have baseline blood work anyways to have something to compare to when u PCT to make sure u recovered fully.

how do u feel over all??

I will do..... I bet your spot on also in my mid 20's my energy levels plummeted and came to find out my nat test levels were running half what they should of been. With some cream and some med for a while they went through the roof after a few months. So dr stopped med and test leveled out. So there was something that caused it then it may be the same thing now just different symptoms as my energy level seems ok.

How about labido?? Always a test sign I feel you can count on...

Ummmmm it's not real high I don't suppose but it is there

I do have insurance and will may a dr appointment regardless and let you guys know!!! Thank you guys!

OK GOOD UR GONNA GET UR TEST CHEKD.

NOW BACK TO THAT SHAKE. it has 850cals?? 130g carbs from what? sugar?? i guess what im gettng at is u dont prepare it urself rite?

No it's a made by beyond raw its called ravage. I'm guessing that means stop the shake for now?

No it's a made by beyond raw its called ravage. I'm guessing that means stop the shake for now?
    i would dude. ud do better IMO to get those 130g carbs from a complex source.

u wouldnt happen to have a pic of urself with no shirt in the kind of shape u were referring to earlier which best reflects how u stayed the majority of the time would u? also taking a current pic would help. im kind of curious to see what ur talking about here. ill go thru ur diet now..

I will do some digging I'm sure my wife has some, some where give me a day or so and check out my work out if you would also ..... see if you think I may be over training I isolate muscles working only one group a day then rest it till the next week. I know I only posted chest but it is close the the same every day just different muscle today I did bi's I can break it down if you wish but total weight added all reps was 48,000 pounds bi's only 32,000 on tri's

I gave you guys my word and here it is as I desperately want to get all the size and mass results I can
    Im 34 yrs old 6'2, 215lbs, measured today at 10.6 bf
    Today my diet was as follows

6:15 am 1protien shake 850 cal/60gr pro/ 10gr fat/ 130 carbs alot of cals we dont know how clean and/or good they are. could be a bunch of sugar in there and prob is. not good for maintaining lean physique probably.
    1 banana 110 cal/ 1 gr pro / 0 fat/ 30 carb ok here and there but is sugar
    16oz milk with shake 300 cal/ 16 gr pro/5gr fat/ 24 carbs sugar carb here too
    4 oz vanilla yogurt 100 cal/ 5 gr pro/ 1.5gr fat/ 17 carb greek or what? prob fair amt of sugar
    Breakfast total 1260 cal/ 82gr protien/16.5 fat/201 carbs id be willing to bet 100g of these carbs are sugar if not more.

Pre workout 830 am -
    1 4 oz chick breast / 110 cal/ 20 pro/ 2.5fat/ o carbs
    1- tbls peanut butter/ 100 cal/ 3 pro/ 16 fat / 6 carb id move this to later in the day. last or 2nd to last meal
    1 banana 110 cal/ 1 gr pro / 0 fat/ 30 carb more sugar
    Pre workout total 320 cal/24 gr pro/18.5 fat/ 36 carbs majority of carbs from this meal from sugar

Post WO meal 11:00 am Shake/ 850 cal/ 60 pro/ 10 fat/130 carb same as above
    8 oz ck breast/ 220 cal/ 40 pro/ 5 fat/ 0 carb
    Post WO total 1170 cal/ 100 pro/ 15 fat/130 carb cant be sure but i bet most of these carbs come from sugar

Lunch 1pm 8 oz chick / 220 cal / 40 pro/ 5 fat/ 0 carbs id have some green veg here

Work 2 p.m. Pedometer read 14.2 miles walked 1449 cal burned cant be certain but i would guess including this into ur caloric requirements in total probably will contribute to inaccuracy.

Snack 500pm. 8oz yogurt /200cal/ 10pr/3fat/34carbs greek yogurt? personally i dont eat yogurt but prefer cottage cheese. i would let results dictate how much of this u keep in ur diet. this "snack" also IMO doesnt serve much of a purpose from a BB standpoint.

Supper 845 pm 16 oz baked talapia/ 400 cal/ 80gr pro/10 fat/ 0 carb
    8 oz br rice / 340 cal/ 8 gr pro/ 3 fat /70 carbs FINALLY!! a complex carb! make sure u measure it dry
    4 oz broccoli ?????????? negligible and wouldnt worry about this
    Supper total 740/88/13/70

Daily totals 4910 cal/ 344 pro/71 fat/ 470 carbs
    4910cals
    344g pro (28%) 1376cals
    470g carbs (38%) 1880cals
    71g fat (13%) 639cals

these %'s total 79%.something is amiss here. 1376 + 1880 + 639 = 3895cals, NOT 4910..

i figd this out rite before i posted this. u need to figure out where the inaccuracy is. ur talking a 1015cal discrepancy..

brn rice = 70g carbs. the other 400g come from very questionable sources IMO. could add up to be a lot of sugar which def will NOT help u stay lean IMO. i think a good step for u would be to modify a lot of ur carb choices into complex sources.

with ur stats i am surprised u have been able to maintain 10%bf. ur metabolism still must be very high. hard to gauge someone like u and how many cals u actually need. monitoring ur caloric consumption as well as tracking macros will be a good learning experience for u. this way u will no longer be guessing.

itll probably take some playing with to determine how many cals u actually need. changing carbs sources and reducing cals some would be a good start IMO. keep track of ur LBM and bf% so u can make adjustments.

i dont know when u planned running a cycle but like i suggested above u should wait til after ur doc appointment. in the mean time u can play with ur diet and see if we can figure it out.

on a final note if u add the supplemental fat (peanut butter) to ur last meal i would move the carbs to the meal with just the chikn breast.

if u hadnt said u stayed lean before eating what u posted above i would recommend u start over because this diet would prob make almost anyone else fat!!!

I can not thank you enough 405 I guess my metabolism had a big part in it after talking to you, in college with no diet plan well when I was on weight my bf a few times hit sub 3 dangerous i know but was usually between 5 and 7 and i ate what I wanted. And for 34 years of my life I've done that and looked and felt good. Now it's time to learn about healthy habits and have to do it like the rest of the world. Lol I have decided after talking with you and lunk my cycle is going to wait till I get all my affairs in order. I know enough that a cycle is not a cure all fix all I want to have all my ducks in a row first so I can get the maximum benefit from it

To be honest if it a natural test issue and I can get it fixed learning how to eat properly I'll drop the cycle all together

Ah...in the words of Hanibal Smith (the A team) I love it when a plan comes together . Great job so far Doppy...another 405 save!

I can not thank you enough 405 I guess my metabolism had a big part in it after talking to you, in college with no diet plan well when I was on weight my bf a few times hit sub 3 dangerous i know but was usually between 5 and 7 and i ate what I wanted. And for 34 years of my life I've done that and looked and felt good. Now it's time to learn about healthy habits and have to do it like the rest of the world. Lol I have decided after talking with you and lunk my cycle is going to wait till I get all my affairs in order. I know enough that a cycle is not a cure all fix all I want to have all my ducks in a row first so I can get the maximum benefit from it
    good idea!

To be honest if it a natural test issue and I can get it fixed learning how to eat properly I'll drop the cycle all together
    if it is a natty test prob once u fix it u may find u do not need a cycle..

if u havent read the stickies i mentioned in post # 8 i suggest reading them now"

5. Read stickies: a) how to bulk
    B) Dieting 101: cutting (this will add insight to proper diet even though u rnt cutting rite now)

Thread Information