Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Jenniferst78 is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post
    hows is going girl? when i see you gone for a few days i start going thru withdrawals!
    LOL. ... still here! I have been following the diet you showed me. On day 3...... Thanks for lookin out!

Hello everyone, Hope everyone had a good holiday! Mine was full of food!!! Turkey, sweet potatoes w/ marshmallows melted on top(my favorite), butternut squash, cranberry sauce! Oh ya... Cheese cake! Other than that I have been sticking to my other diet. Question what can I switch out oats with? I don't know how much longer I can eat thoughs.

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    hi Jenn. Nice to see that you are sticking with it! I happen to luv oats with cinnamon and stevia and if you are seeking alternative to a complex carb...here's some ideas
    1 Oats/Oatmeal
    2 Grits/Cornmeal
    3 Unsalted/non-buttered popcorn (great, low-cal snack)
    4 Sweet potato (the best choice)
    5 Butternut squash
    6 Whole wheat pasta (not enriched)
    7 Organic whole wheat bread (not enriched wonder bread crap)
    8 Brown rice
    9 Ezekiel bread
    10 Swedish grain bread
    11 Gluten free bread
    12 Wheat couscous
    13 Corn
    14 Quinoa
    15 Lentils
    16 Beans
    17 Many more, look up the GI (glycemic index) for healthy choices

Black List:
    1 White pasta
    2 White bread
    3 Baguette
    4 Bagels
    5 Cookies, cake, muffins, cupcakes, all sweets basically.
    6 White couscous
    7 White rice
    8 etc....

hi Jenn. Nice to see that you are sticking with it! I happen to luv oats with cinnamon and stevia and if you are seeking alternative to a complex carb...here's some ideas
    1 Oats/Oatmeal
    2 Grits/Cornmeal
    3 Unsalted/non-buttered popcorn (great, low-cal snack)
    4 Sweet potato (the best choice)
    5 Butternut squash
    6 Whole wheat pasta (not enriched)
    7 Organic whole wheat bread (not enriched wonder bread crap)
    8 Brown rice
    9 Ezekiel bread
    10 Swedish grain bread
    11 Gluten free bread
    12 Wheat couscous
    13 Corn
    14 Quinoa
    15 Lentils
    16 Beans
    17 Many more, look up the GI (glycemic index) for healthy choices

Black List:
    1 White pasta
    2 White bread
    3 Baguette
    4 Bagels
    5 Cookies, cake, muffins, cupcakes, all sweets basically.
    6 White couscous
    7 White rice
    8 etc....
    Thank you Girly that is very helpful!!!! And sticking to it is hard but I'm getting there!

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    ^^^ slow wins this race and you will look better for it in the long run. If it were easy? Everyone would do it!
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferst78

Thank you Girly that is very helpful!!!! And sticking to it is hard but I'm getting there!
    You r so welcome!

It gets easier ESP when u start seeing results which is why I recommend u hit it hard out of the gates!!! Nothing more motivating then watching your own transformation. Like slimmer said if it was easy everyone would have 6 packs.

How u doing on the weekly measuring and pics? How bout workouts? I am curious as to any changes in stats. Do we need to make an adjustment yet?

Quote Originally Posted by SlimmerMe View Post
    ^^^ slow wins this race and you will look better for it in the long run. If it were easy? Everyone would do it!

Thank you Slim, So true!!!!!

You r so welcome!

It gets easier ESP when u start seeing results which is why I recommend u hit it hard out of the gates!!! Nothing more motivating then watching your own transformation. Like slimmer said if it was easy everyone would have 6 packs.

How u doing on the weekly measuring and pics? How bout workouts? I am curious as to any changes in stats. Do we need to make an adjustment yet?

No adjustments yet... i am still getting this regulated! I didn't measure or pics yet... but I have been weighing myself! Not working out regularly enough .... Up to 155lbs...

you are down one pound in the last week which included thanksgiving plus you are still regulating and not working out regularly. perhaps you have stablized? so time to cut
    do you feel deprived? hungry? or not able to eat enough?
    how many workouts and what workouts have you been able to do?
    are you drinking plenty of water?

for what it's worth, i commend you for trying to cut during this time of year!!! ...for me, too many holidays and opportunities to eat bad fat and bad carbs! i shoot to maintain and it is harder for me to do that when i am not able to workout, plus i feel so much better when i do workout....call me crazy

you are down one pound in the last week which included thanksgiving plus you are still regulating and not working out regularly. perhaps you have stablized? so time to cut
    do you feel deprived? hungry? or not able to eat enough?
    how many workouts and what workouts have you been able to do?
    are you drinking plenty of water?

I don't feel any of thoughs.... Work outs are 30 mins of cardio . And yes plenty of water!

for what it's worth, i commend you for trying to cut during this time of year!!! ...for me, too many holidays and opportunities to eat bad fat and bad carbs! i shoot to maintain and it is harder for me to do that when i am not able to workout, plus i feel so much better when i do workout....call me crazy
    Thank you!!! All of you have been a huge help..... We have not cleared them all yet!!! Lol! I will be happy if I can at least stay where I am! Many holiday party invites....! . And I agree with you on the work outs!

a pound down is a pound down.....one at a time.....and all of the sudden? you will see the magic!
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

Hello all,
    Still here.... but haven't been doing very good! First couple days were really good then work schedule Got crazy! most days eating good, a couple not! My knee is killing me! (I get the results from the bone scan today so!! fingers crossed, I'll get some kind of answer?!) Have not did cardio or even a work out in a week! feel like crap! I am back on track today!

^^ back on track today is the name of this game. Good for you for jumping back on the horse!
    Author Unknown

Thanks for updating your thread....I thought we lost you! Since you can't workout as much as you like, you will have to draw down the calories, esp on carbs and protein. Keep the diet tight.

I hope you find the answers you seek!!! keep me posted!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferst78 View Post
    Hello all,
    Still here.... but haven't been doing very good! First couple days were really good then work schedule Got crazy! most days eating good, a couple not! My knee is killing me! (I get the results from the bone scan today so!! fingers crossed, I'll get some kind of answer?!) Have not did cardio or even a work out in a week! feel like crap! I am back on track today!

Hey Slimmer...what's your horse's name????

^^ back on track today is the name of this game. Good for you for jumping back on the horse!

Thanks for updating your thread....I thought we lost you! Since you can't workout as much as you like, you will have to draw down the calories, esp on carbs and protein. Keep the diet tight.

Yes I knew you would be looking for me! I have cut a little. My bone scone showed nothing?! good and bad! Nothing wrong but no answer ! So he gave me a cortisone shot! We'll see !?

Thank you Slim !!!

Hey Slimmer...what's your horse's name????
    Giddyup~

Thank you Slim !!!
    You are so welcome!
    Author Unknown

Hi Girl....yes, I like to keep track of my girls . cortisone shot will give you some reflief but it also masks the pain, so be very careful so that you don't injure yourself, by pushing cuz i know you like to workout! If you have lost confidence in your doctor, I recommend you get a second opinion if that is an option. It will put your mind at ease.

As far as your diet, since you can't workout, you require less food. You can still loose while you can't workout, it just takes longer! Remove about 25% from both protein and carbs, especially those carbs. Your fat grams should already be low. Now, it becomes even more important to plan meals in advance and follow the plan.

Are you hitting your macros consistently???

Yes I knew you would be looking for me! I have cut a little. My bone scone showed nothing?! good and bad! Nothing wrong but no answer ! So he gave me a cortisone shot! We'll see !?

Hi Girl....yes, I like to keep track of my girls . cortisone shot will give you some reflief but it also masks the pain, so be very careful so that you don't injure yourself, by pushing cuz i know you like to workout! If you have lost confidence in your doctor, I recommend you get a second opinion if that is an option. It will put your mind at ease.

He is my second opinion ??! So... So far so good? A little pain but it bad?! Appointment on Monday! I just would like to get through my day with out pain!!!

As far as your diet, since you can't workout, you require less food. You can still loose while you can't workout, it just takes longer! Remove about 25% from both protein and carbs, especially those carbs. Your fat grams should already be low. Now, it becomes even more important to plan meals in advance and follow the plan.

Ok thank,you! I have been moving stuff around!!

Are you hitting your macros consistently???
    Do you mean with cut outs? Or they shouldn't be the same??!

And thank you again for keeping track !! It helps me!

Do you mean with cut outs? Or they shouldn't be the same??!

And thank you again for keeping track !! It helps me!
    if you are not able to move as in workout, you will need to reduce total intake. I reduce both protein and carbs and to a lesser degree fat since my grams are so few as it is. I especially draw down on the carbs, like those oats you luv so much! LOL. Your body needs all the macronutrients, just less of them when you can't workout. Your plan was developed for you based on the condition that you are working out.

I need to watch the carbs especially since I love them so much. Right now, I am not able to workout due to surgery so rather then 1/2 cup of oatmeal for breakfast, I bump down to 1/4 cup for breakfast. I don't need the carbs to fuel a pre workout or to restore glycogen levels post workout, so I eliminate them from my diet. Instead of rice/sweet potatoes and oats, I eat tons of leafy, fiberours veggies like brocilli and salad less all the fun stuff (such as crumbled blue cheese and croutons and salad dressing (fat)). I aslo reduce the amount of protein pre and post workout since I can't workout. I eat to fuel my body/my lifestyle and less movement means less food.

Why don't you post your current plan, with macros and then we can tweak it together!!!

if you are not able to move as in workout, you will need to reduce total intake. I reduce both protein and carbs and to a lesser degree fat since my grams are so few as it is. I especially draw down on the carbs, like those oats you luv so much! LOL. Your body needs all the macronutrients, just less of them when you can't workout. Your plan was developed for you based on the condition that you are working out.

I need to watch the carbs especially since I love them so much. Right now, I am not able to workout due to surgery so rather then 1/2 cup of oatmeal for breakfast, I bump down to 1/4 cup for breakfast. I don't need the carbs to fuel a pre workout or to restore glycogen levels post workout, so I eliminate them from my diet. Instead of rice/sweet potatoes and oats, I eat tons of leafy, fiberours veggies like brocilli and salad less all the fun stuff (such as crumbled blue cheese and croutons and salad dressing (fat)). I aslo reduce the amount of protein pre and post workout since I can't workout. I eat to fuel my body/my lifestyle and less movement means less food.

Why don't you post your current plan, with macros and then we can tweak it together!!!

i would if i had a current "plan".... sorry, but not recording the way i should. staying on track has been almost impossible ... i do ok for a day or two, then crap! so?? I am working on keeping better track!and I'm not sure what my macros should be right now?!

i would if i had a current "plan".... sorry, but not recording the way i should. staying on track has been almost impossible ... i do ok for a day or two, then crap! so?? I am working on keeping better track!and I'm not sure what my macros should be right now?!
    Jenn~ Baby steps. Getting on track could very well be a priority now more than trying to figure out macro math. Eating better foods is the key. Foods you like so you will stick to this and win. This way you will win 'cause remember, slow wins this race!
    Author Unknown

Chin up girl! 2 days is better then no good days!?! I was overwhelmed at first so I had to simplify it for myself. I basically ate the same food everyday, over and over and I cook my food once a week so that I didn't have to figure anything out during the week when my schedule got crazy with work and obligations. It saved me time and made me plan my meals and eat what I cooked and I didn't have to do all that recording. I would throw a salad together for lunch with the chicken that comes already precooked and frozen...wha la...a meal!!! Make it easy for yourself!!!

Slimmmer and I have both been there so use us as sounding boards Are you eating too much or not enough? Lets keep you on track!

thank you girls.... that has been a chore in it self! you both have been a big help!

^^ you are welcome. This whole process is a learning process for ALL of us!
    Author Unknown

thank you girls.... that has been a chore in it self! you both have been a big help!
    What's going on!?!

What's going on!?!
    I was saying that just eating more than once or twice a day was a chore!

So my plan lately is to try to plan a week at a time, per pair on Sunday.... Set for the week!

Ahhh. It seems your body is just gonna hang onto the fat cuz it isn't sure when you going to feed it again. Meals don't have to be big deal. I scarf down my snacks in a few minutes. Breakfast is mandatory so if u can get lunch and dinner in and the other 2-3 snacks u r g2g girl!!!

Ahhh. It seems your body is just gonna hang onto the fat cuz it isn't sure when you going to feed it again. Meals don't have to be big deal. I scarf down my snacks in a few minutes. Breakfast is mandatory so if u can get lunch and dinner in and the other 2-3 snacks u r g2g girl!!!

So will I Be able to fix that with the diet I'm following from you?! If not what extra do I need?!

So will I Be able to fix that with the diet I'm following from you?! If not what extra do I need?!
    If u r only eating the macros apportioned to 2 meals of a 5 meal plan, I doubt it. Your body is not being nourished properly, doesn't know when it's next meal is coming so it will hold on to everything. The body likes to know that food will be regular. If not fed more than 2 x per day, it will not cooperate with your cutting goals. It does seem odd that sever calorie deficit as in eating 500 - 700 cal per day doesn't get the results u desire.

When I started I was like you - not eating enough food. I actually started eating more food and then lost weight. I work out 2 hours daily 5 days a week and no one was going to deter me from accomplishing my goal. Including myself. I was tight on my diet plan and consistently dropped 2 pounds every week for more then 2 months.

r u eating one moderated cheat meal per week and following the plan? For some reason I am thinking you had issues eating enough calories from your previous posts. Am I off here???

If u r only eating the macros apportioned to 2 meals of a 5 meal plan, I doubt it. i do eat 5/6 times a day lately

Your body is not being nourished properly, doesn't know when it's next meal is coming so it will hold on to everything. The body likes to know that food will be regular. If not fed more than 2 x per day, it will not cooperate with your cutting goals. It does seem odd that sever calorie deficit as in eating 500 - 700 cal per day doesn't get the results u desire.

When I started I was like you - not eating enough food. I actually started eating more food and then lost weight. I work out 2 hours daily 5 days a week and no one was going to deter me from accomplishing my goal. Including myself. I was tight on my diet plan and consistently dropped 2 pounds every week for more then 2 months.

r u eating one moderated cheat meal per week and following the plan? For some reason I am thinking you had issues eating enough calories from your previous posts. Am I off here???
    I am probably eating too many calories on some days!?
    And seeing I don't always plan meals I grab what I think works.... As for a cheat " meal" not so much I try to pick healthy all the time.

I am trying to following the diet you started with. I had 2 good days last week, and this week Tuesday.
    The other days kinda went like this... Breakfast. 1/2 whole grain beagle
    2 tb country crock spread
    3 cups black coffee
    Snack. Handful of goldfish
    Snack cup of apple sauce
    Lunch. Can of tuna
    2 tb dressing
    Snack. Snack cup grapefruit
    Dinner. 2 cup hamburg(95%)
    3/4c brown rice
    2 1/2 tb f/f Italian dressing
    2 bottles of water( all day) I know that's bad!!!!
    so that's my days in a nut shell give or take here and there..... I know there is room for improvement. That use to be enough food for me for a week!! Lol.
    and also 5 months smoke free.

I am probably eating too many calories on some days!?
    And seeing I don't always plan meals I grab what I think works.... As for a cheat " meal" not so much I try to pick healthy all the time.

I am trying to following the diet you started with. I had 2 good days last week, and this week Tuesday.
    The other days kinda went like this... Breakfast. 1/2 whole grain beagle
    2 tb country crock spread
    3 cups black coffee
    Snack. Handful of goldfish
    Snack cup of apple sauce
    Lunch. Can of tuna
    2 tb dressing
    Snack. Snack cup grapefruit
    Dinner. 2 cup hamburg(95%)
    3/4c brown rice
    2 1/2 tb f/f Italian dressing
    2 bottles of water( all day) I know that's bad!!!!
    so that's my days in a nut shell give or take here and there..... I know there is room for improvement. That use to be enough food for me for a week!! Lol.
    and also 5 months smoke free.
    Ohhhhh. You recently stopped smoking. Fantastic. Your lungs r loving u. Wondering if u have gained weight during the transition to smoke free??? Most do after an adjustment period

Since eating frequently is new you should feel good about getting in the number of smaller meals and your bad days could be worst. you might want to identify what triggers the off days and set up barriers for those triggers. If the meal planning is an obstacle then you know that you must address. It does get easier once you get into a routine!

My trigger was having bad food in my home so I had to purge it from my life.

my concern is that you will not see results with eating only 2 days clean and results is an AWESOME motivator. I suggest a focus on eating more days to plan. What do think?

Thank You!!! yes i did gain 5- 10lb. not to bad i've been going up & down for awhile! so i wasn't to upset!

-My trigger is a busy schedual ! i run through and grab whats closest! i know once i get MY snaks set and perpaired ,that will help!
    the stuff i'm grabing i cant really get rid of (kid snaks)!!!
    -and yes planning is my biggest! workin on it!!!
    -i completely agree!! with you !! i don't think i will eaither but i WILL get there!!!

I understand so u will have to pull up your boot straps and find that will power girl. Kid snacks are for kids! Keep making progress everyday!!!

I understand so u will have to pull up your boot straps and find that will power girl. Kid snacks are for kids! Keep making progress everyday!!!
    ************** will do!

Hello Everyone, I've been doing well with staying within calories and macros! Update on knee... 2nd MRI reveled patella tendonitis! so stretching and eccentric exercise for me! Still no regular exercise routine yet... Going to sign up at the gym soon so I can use an elliptical.

Hello Everyone, I've been doing well with staying within calories and macros! Update on knee... 2nd MRI reveled patella tendonitis! so stretching and eccentric exercise for me! Still no regular exercise routine yet... Going to sign up at the gym soon so I can use an elliptical.
    So glad to see your post girl!! Good news on the knee and gym and macros. Woo hoo!!!

How's Jennifer?!!?

How's Jennifer?!!?

I am still here and good. How are you? Holidays are done, well one more! But I am going to start the new year right!. singed up at a new gym! Ready to go!! I will post new stats and pics for a fresh start good or bad!

Giddy up to a NEW YEAR!
    Author Unknown

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information