Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Jenniferst78 is offline Female Member

New Goals please help.....

Hello everyone,
    I will give a short history of myself. Most of teenage years and up averaged 160-175lb. Got prego at 22yrs. Hit 210lb. by delivery! Sslloowwlllly! Got back to 175, stayed their for a few years. I got down to 135lb. and it's been a roller coaster ever since. Diet through all that was not the best.
    So now at 34yrs I have learned that diet has a lot to do with your out come! So that's why I'm here...!

GOAL: Figure / Bodybuilder competitor

SAMPLE DIET:
    breakfast6:30-7ish)
    Some times shakeology, some times egg whites on whole wheat English muffin, the rest of the time nothing !

Snack9-10)
    Nature vally granola bar , Greek yogurt, grapefruit (not all at once. Usually pick one)

Lunch12:30) if at all
    Turkey, sandwich on flat bread, tablespoon of thousand island dressing

Snack: (2:00-3:00)
    Yogurt

Dinner6:00)
    Small piece of steak, fish, chicken, depending on day. Canned or steamed veggies brown rice

That is what I try to stick to and if we go out , Do well or stick with a large salad or sushi!
    Some days there is a little more junk!

Work outs: very spur attic ! I have p90x, Brazilian butt lift programs, a bow flex , ab tower, inner/out thigh machine and a tread mill! So I really don't have an excuse....

And finally here are my stats:
    Wt.:146lb.
    Ht.:5'6"
    Bf.: 26.81%
    Ok so here you go!!!

mockery is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    *Is your flat bread, from sprouted grains? usually frozen at the store?

*why not add 1 tbs natural peanut butter and 1/3 cup of oats to 250g fat free unsweetened Greek yogurt and drop the granola bar

*the key is making sure you actually eat instead of missing a meal. Cleaning the diet up is a chore for most people. but id avoid frozen and canned veggies, buy 1 kg bags of brocoli and steam that every day.

these are just some quick things to look at and think about

You need a game plan concerning your daily macros. along with when is your next show going to be?

I forgot to add that I have the fitness pal calorie counter on my phone... So everything I eat , I enter, and stay under 1200 calories a day.

Quote Originally Posted by mockery View Post
    *Is your flat bread, from sprouted grains? usually frozen at the store?

*why not add 1 tbs natural peanut butter and 1/3 cup of oats to 250g fat free unsweetened Greek yogurt and drop the granola bar

*the key is making sure you actually eat instead of missing a meal. Cleaning the diet up is a chore for most people. but id avoid frozen and canned veggies, buy 1 kg bags of brocoli and steam that every day.

these are just some quick things to look at and think about

You need a game plan concerning your daily macros. along with when is your next show going to be?
    Thank you ... No on the flat bread is the peiprige farm deli slices. Multi grain. That is helpful.
    As for the actual show I don't have a defiant. I watched my friend in the granite state open , thought maybe next year?!
    I think I have a long way to go!!! Not sure if I will be ready by then?!

Blog Entries
    so are you trying to lose weight ? gain muscle?? whats your projected goal?

so are you trying to lose weight ? gain muscle?? whats your projected goal?

All of the above. I want to gain muscle. I would like to look like Dana !

Blog Entries
    well.

First off you need to clean your diet up followed by getting to the gym more often and sticking with it. post some pictures so wee can try and get a better understanding of where you carry your weight and how to procede next.

well.

First off you need to clean your diet up followed by getting to the gym more often and sticking with it. post some pictures so wee can try and get a better understanding of where you carry your weight and how to procede next.

Yes I agree! Now I need to light a fire under my butt! I know what I want but sometimes I don't follow through!
    And I will work on getting some pics together .

Blog Entries
    well with out a decent pre planned goal to work for its easy to lose sight of what you want, goals are great for everyone in life, not just fitness.. find out when the entry level show is in your area and plan for it for 2013 or 2014, but start planning that now.

jpowell is offline Banned
    my .02--jpowell is back in this mother****er!

you have to stay consistent--that is number 1...times you eat, food you eat.
    also you have to choose one goal at a time--cut/tone--muscle/bulk/mass
    cardio goes hand in hand with a calorie deficit to ensure weight loss--
    its not as simple as "hey im eating 1200 cals or less a day how come im not losing"

many reason also--science/research has proved that after so long of being in this defifcit your body adapts/becomes used to this level and stops weight loss.

montior everything you do if you currently don't--not just food intake--but training logs, cardio logs, heart rates, feelings and moods while working out..

i am a firm beleiver in approaching everybody as a novice, an having very lil back ground on what to do--sometimes its takes a refresher for us to get that light to shine.

you 5'6"--so not too short and not too tall for a women--but your bf% is reli wat catches my attention..to me your more "overeat" than "overweight"

which is not a problem or a challenge bus us guys here in the nutrition section are top notch.

i want you to do sum research--finding out your daily macros--and trust me--you asked us for help--as long as you follow youll see results. just be open to any and all criticism, and with you bn a lady--it wont be as hard..!

my good friends gb, 405, ragin and others will most likely chime in. theres a group of good ladies thats usually arnd but i been gone for a cpl mos not sure if they r still around.

well with out a decent pre planned goal to work for its easy to lose sight of what you want, goals are great for everyone in life, not just fitness.. find out when the entry level show is in your area and plan for it for 2013 or 2014, but start planning that now.
    Ok so I know of one , the Granite State Open it was just last week! So @ oct. 27th 2013

Quote Originally Posted by jpowell View Post
    my .02--jpowell is back in this mother****er!

you have to stay consistent--that is number 1...times you eat, food you eat.
    also you have to choose one goal at a time--cut/tone--muscle/bulk/mass
    cardio goes hand in hand with a calorie deficit to ensure weight loss--
    its not as simple as "hey im eating 1200 cals or less a day how come im not losing"

many reason also--science/research has proved that after so long of being in this defifcit your body adapts/becomes used to this level and stops weight loss.

montior everything you do if you currently don't--not just food intake--but training logs, cardio logs, heart rates, feelings and moods while working out..

i am a firm beleiver in approaching everybody as a novice, an having very lil back ground on what to do--sometimes its takes a refresher for us to get that light to shine.

you 5'6"--so not too short and not too tall for a women--but your bf% is reli wat catches my attention..to me your more "overeat" than "overweight"

which is not a problem or a challenge bus us guys here in the nutrition section are top notch.

i want you to do sum research--finding out your daily macros--and trust me--you asked us for help--as long as you follow youll see results. just be open to any and all criticism, and with you bn a lady--it wont be as hard..!

my good friends gb, 405, ragin and others will most likely chime in. theres a group of good ladies thats usually arnd but i been gone for a cpl mos not sure if they r still around.

Ok I will start tracking all of my info.
    I can take all the criticism you can hand out!!! That will be my fire! thank you!

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Jenn I am tied up this moment but i will get back with you this weekend. YOUR GOALS R VERY ACHIEVABLE and I would like to watch this happen for you!

Just a quick look and I think you need to cut first and is where I suggest a focus for you. I like that you are using myfitnesspal. If I had to quess, I think your carbs are higher then protein??? am i right???? Proteins should be higher then the carbs and fat combined. BTW, posting with total calories and macro split by meal, total daily is a good practice for this forum

You have enough equipment at home which is very helpful. Other members (including the guys) benefit from fasted cardio - can you get on that treadmill in the morning before breakfast? How often are you able/willing to workout?

Breakfast - once i started eating breakfast, i started loosing weight...meals are not optional. You will selecting foods based on a macro split. TRUST ME...you will never be hungry but will need to tweak the food choices a bit for ex, I am not a fan of bread for a cut. There are better choices for you!

Just one last thought.....I didn't understand proper nutrition until i found this board and i thought total cal was all that mattered. Total cals combined with a macro split is the key. Oh, we do get a cheat meal....that's the best part!

Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post
    Jenn I am tied up this moment but i will get back with you this weekend. YOUR GOALS R VERY ACHIEVABLE and I would like to watch this happen for you!

Just a quick look and I think you need to cut first and is where I suggest a focus for you. I like that you are using myfitnesspal. If I had to quess, I think your carbs are higher then protein??? am i right???? Proteins should be higher then the carbs and fat combined. BTW, posting with total calories and macro split by meal, total daily is a good practice for this forum

You have enough equipment at home which is very helpful. Other members (including the guys) benefit from fasted cardio - can you get on that treadmill in the morning before breakfast? How often are you able/willing to workout?

Breakfast - once i started eating breakfast, i started loosing weight...meals are not optional. You will selecting foods based on a macro split. TRUST ME...you will never be hungry but will need to tweak the food choices a bit for ex, I am not a fan of bread for a cut. There are better choices for you!

Just one last thought.....I didn't understand proper nutrition until i found this board and i thought total cal was all that mattered. Total cals combined with a macro split is the key. Oh, we do get a cheat meal....that's the best part!

Yes you are right on the carb. / proteins ! I will start tracking my macros!!!
    I am looking forward to the guidance ! Thank you.

Do you have a fitnesspal account mine is jenniferst78.......

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Welcome and good luck to you! Will follow your progress.

Consistency is key.

Slow wins the race.
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

speaking of those wonderful gals--i c they both have checked in--howdy ladies!

And where have you been?????
    speaking of those wonderful gals--i c they both have checked in--howdy ladies!
    Jennifer...i am working on consolidating my info into a format so i can cut and paste for you....be back later today....promise.

And where have you been?????

Jennifer...i am working on consolidating my info into a format so i can cut and paste for you....be back later today....promise.
    Ok sounds good..... I will be out for the afternoon but I will check in hopefully with pics when I get back!

Jenn. My computer froze and I lost the file I was working on and i just can't do this from my phone. I work tomorrow but will try to get something together for u in the evening. Poo. I lost a lot of data, photos. Ugh. I am going to get a glass of wine, paint my nails and take a hot bath.

Jenn. My computer froze and I lost the file I was working on and i just can't do this from my phone. I work tomorrow but will try to get something together for u in the evening. Poo. I lost a lot of data, photos. Ugh. I am going to get a glass of wine, paint my nails and take a hot bath.

No worries! Hope your night got better!

so where do we stand? you been logging?

so where do we stand? you been logging?
    yep... I have it in a note book right now I was trying to get the photos together and put it all up.

ok here's what I've got so far...

totals for 11-4-12 cals.671 carbs.71g p.45g f.30g treadmill 1hour 10 incline 4speed 1mile heart rate: 150

so far today cals.470 carbs. 28g p. 56g f.11g no exercise....

yea we need improvement--you haven't even broke 1200 cals in 2 days--not looking for you to get fat but we need to construct a diet for you asap.

think about it like this--you proli burned the cals you ate on the treadmill.

you want to be a woman figure like DLB--notice she is thick in all the right places--which mean you need to eat to get there, and if you gain a lil bit too much--guess what?? we can help you take it right off. you just need to be willing and consistent.

current stats:

first and foremost--this body fat is high--dont be discouraged tho!

so 1st thing is 1st--
    we need to calc macro (nutrients including pro, carbs, fat and their respective ratios to daily intake)
    I no how to calc--so im not going to unless you trully need help--
    but use google or even read the stickies (tdee) to figure out your daily intake req'd to maintain--
    once you have that number please come back and let me know what it is..

(we are gonna baby step this process, to make sure you understand, this is how i teach/train my clients)

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferst78
    ok here's what I've got so far...

totals for 11-4-12 cals.671 carbs.71g p.45g f.30g treadmill 1hour 10 incline 4speed 1mile heart rate: 150

so far today cals.470 carbs. 28g p. 56g f.11g no exercise....
    Hi. Thanks for the update. My hard drive crapped out and should be back in biz 2morrow. We can do much better, eating high quality, nutrient rich foods.

yea we need improvement--you haven't even broke 1200 cals in 2 days--not looking for you to get fat but we need to construct a diet for you asap.

think about it like this--you proli burned the cals you ate on the treadmill.

you want to be a woman figure like DLB--notice she is thick in all the right places--which mean you need to eat to get there, and if you gain a lil bit too much--guess what?? we can help you take it right off. you just need to be willing and consistent.

current stats:

first and foremost--this body fat is high--dont be discouraged tho!

so 1st thing is 1st--
    we need to calc macro (nutrients including pro, carbs, fat and their respective ratios to daily intake)
    I no how to calc--so im not going to unless you trully need help--
    but use google or even read the stickies (tdee) to figure out your daily intake req'd to maintain--
    once you have that number please come back and let me know what it is..

(we are gonna baby step this process, to make sure you understand, this is how i teach/train my clients)

here are the numbers I came up with: BMR 1450 and TDEE 1993.75?? thank goodness for calculators!

Women: BMR = 655 + (9.6 x weight in kg) + (1.8 x height in cm) - (4.7 x age in years)

Remember 1 inch = 2.54cm and 2.2 lbs = 1 kg.

bmr= 655+ 637.44 + 301.75 - 159.8
    bmr= 1434.39 ~559.36 difference... so even at the lowest level (1.2) its 1721.27---(using ur stats--not lean body mass)

so now that we have this number--its time to make the decision on what to do--cut? or bulk?

you want to cut--so you subtract cals--usually in the 3-500 range--well start at 300
    1721.27-300=1421.27

this is how many cals you need to aim to eat daily.

then lets say--u have a day where you eat 671 cals--and do cardio intense--youll have left over in your system, cals/nutrients to feed instead of muscles eating each other.

(may have intentionally left out more advanced practices due to our beginner level of knowledge)

making sense?
    Last edited by jpowell; 11-06-2012 at 07:53 AM. Reason: typo--fixed!

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    If u wanna look like DLB then u need to drop all that px90, brazillian butt blaster, inner and outer thigh BS and get down the gym and start lifting some weights...

Watch how she trains....

Big heavy compound movements to failure.... Squats, deads, pull ups, rows, bench press etc...

I will be following this, good luck

Women: BMR = 655 + (9.6 x weight in kg) + (1.8 x height in cm) - (4.7 x age in years)

Remember 1 inch = 2.54cm and 2.2 lbs = 1 kg.

bmr= 655+ 637.44 + 301.75 - 159.8
    bmr= 1434.39 ~559.36 difference... so even at the lowest level (1.2) its 1721.27---(using ur stats--not lean body mass)

yes thank you!! i am eating usually falls last on my "to do" list! :-|

so now that we have this number--its time to make the decision on what to do--cut? or bulk?

you want to cut--so you subtract cals--usually in the 3-500 range--well start at 300
    1721.27-300=1421.27

this is how many cals you need to aim to eat daily.

then lets say--u have a day where you eat 671 cals--and do cardio intense--youll have left over in your system, cals/nutrients to feed instead of muscles eating each other.

(may have intentionally left out more advanced practices due to our beginner level of knowledge)

making sense?

yes thank you! heating usually falls last on my to do listh

Quote Originally Posted by baseline_9 View Post
    If u wanna look like DLB then u need to drop all that px90, brazillian butt blaster, inner and outer thigh BS and get down the gym and start lifting some weights...

Watch how she trains....

Big heavy compound movements to failure.... Squats, deads, pull ups, rows, bench press etc...

I will be following this, good luck

At this point I am following all everyone's advice !

well, it needs to be first and foremost if your tryna do anytype of competing--those guys skip no meals at all as they realize how important every macro is.

Base. Nice of u to join this party. Question on behalf of Jenn. Given her stats, and I am focused on bf, r u suggesting she focus on lifting and no cardio. If Jenn does only the lifting, she she not still have a layer of subcutaneous fat which will make her look bigger even as she adds muscle. I know there is more than one way to achieve goals but I would have suggested more cardio intensive first and throwing in some weights with proper diet and then make adjustments to both diet and routine. I appreciate your thoughts on this ESP since I have nothing but respect. Thx.

well, it needs to be first and foremost if your tryna do anytype of competing--those guys skip no meals at all as they realize how important every macro is.
    I have relized that and will be heading to the grocery store shortly!

Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat
    Base. Nice of u to join this party. Question on behalf of Jenn. Given her stats, and I am focused on bf, r u suggesting she focus on lifting and no cardio. If Jenn does only the lifting, she she not still have a layer of subcutaneous fat which will make her look bigger even as she adds muscle. I know there is more than one way to achieve goals but I would have suggested more cardio intensive first and throwing in some weights with proper diet and then make adjustments to both diet and routine. I appreciate your thoughts on this ESP since I have nothing but respect. Thx.
    I can't ans for him, but I think it's just the principle that in order to achieve the look she wants she needs to go balls to walls, not doing them silly videos.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum

My computer is still messed up but I wanted to pass on some food choices. Unfortunately this the the best I can so on my phone and it is still a good read.

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...osing-body-fat

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferst78 View Post
    I have relized that and will be heading to the grocery store shortly!
    do you own food scales? they are great at first untill you learn portion control then you can start palming and other techniques that are not as strict.

Quote Originally Posted by mockery

do you own food scales? they are great at first untill you learn portion control then you can start palming and other techniques that are not as strict.
    ^^^x2

gearbox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Girlgymrat had a very good point. She should not be trying to bulk when she is this high of bf %. But she can start lifting and learning proper form etc.. but I would definitely needle in the macros and get the weight down with diet and cardio.
    Op-as said above you need to buckle down and be dedicated and the results will come.

Jenn take a look at this thread. Baseline has started several new posts geared for gals in the new members female forum. There r several videos and I luv em all. There is one about food planning and its importance. Excellent.

Baseline has several n

I didn't get to finish my thought. Baseline has several posts in that section including workouts also excellent IMO

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information