StevoBro is offline New Member

Need Help ASAP with my diet

I'm twenty ones years old & trying to cut down some bodyfat as im getting a little uncomfortable with how i look. I have no idea where to start calorie wise as this week i tried to calculate the whole calorie maintenance thing & i ended up gaining a lb. but my abs are looking more defined, chest & arms vascular.

I just want someone to please give me a staple & a sample diet with macros figured out.

Stats
    Age - 21
    5'6 168lbs 15% bodyfat
    I do not cycle AAS

thanks for your time

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Welcome Stevebro!

Please post up a sample of what you are presently eating so the members can review for tweaking.
    Also please read up on some stickies and threads to get ideas.

And kudos to you for staying natural. You can build a much better base this way. Food is your best chemical.

Good luck! Looking forward to what you have to present to us.
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by SlimmerMe View Post
    Welcome Stevebro!

Please post up a sample of what you are presently eating so the members can review for tweaking.
    Also please read up on some stickies and threads to get ideas.

And kudos to you for staying natural. You can build a much better base this way. Food is your best chemical.

Good luck! Looking forward to what you have to present to us.
    Thanks!

I'm a bit embarassed to post up my diet as its a joke. I find it hard to afford the food i want so i go for the cheapest alternatives.
    This is what i did today

4AM - Cardio empty stomach 30min
    4 45AM - 4 scrambled whole eggs 2 egg whites & 4 pieces of whole wheat toast
    7AM - 50g Whey & almonds
    11AM - Two cans of tuna in water
    2PM - 50g Whey
    5PM - small serving of whole wheat pasta
    5 45PM - 7PM Train
    PW 50g Whey

I'm sure im under my calorie maintenance. I'm aiming for 1.5g - 2.0g of protein per lb. The way i did my diet is the way i can afford it. I've been eating the same thing for 5 days. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Also, i supplement with:
    Multi Vitamin
    Flaxseed Oil
    Fish Oil
    ECA

Tron3219 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by StevoBro

Thanks!

I'm a bit embarassed to post up my diet as its a joke. I find it hard to afford the food i want so i go for the cheapest alternatives.
    This is what i did today

4AM - Cardio empty stomach 30min
    4 45AM - 4 scrambled whole eggs 2 egg whites & 4 pieces of whole wheat toast
    7AM - 50g Whey & almonds
    11AM - Two cans of tuna in water
    2PM - 50g Whey
    5PM - small serving of whole wheat pasta
    5 45PM - 7PM Train
    PW 50g Whey

I'm sure im under my calorie maintenance. I'm aiming for 1.5g - 2.0g of protein per lb. The way i did my diet is the way i can afford it. I've been eating the same thing for 5 days. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Also, i supplement with:
    Multi Vitamin
    Flaxseed Oil
    Fish Oil
    ECA
    Well lets start with what your tdee is, but ur diet is not BAD, through an accumulative effect we can get it GOOD

beasting is offline New Member
    In 3 months I managed to cut down a lot.. lost a bit of muscle but plenty of fat, lost approx 44 pounds in 3 months. Only did HIIT cardio once a week, weight train 5 times a week. Increased intensity between sets, only 40 seconds of resting compared to my 1-2 minutes (although resting a minute can increase testosterone levels I believe?) Anyway, I pretty much ate EVERY two hours, on the dot, had 3 big meals, morning I had oats and eggs scrambled, lunch chicken and veggies, dinner chicken and veggies. In between those big meals I ate every two hours, 1/4 of a high protein low carb protein bar, 1-2 table spoon of natural peanut butter with some celery, nuts/seeds, cottage cheese with celery, yoghurt. These type of snacks.. If you keep this strict diet regime and train consistently you will melt off those pounds.

Perhaps if I were you, I'd include more low GI carbs, you need better sources of vegetables such as spinach, broccoli, carrots etc.. As well as better meats, steak, chicken and perhaps fish fillets. For vegetables, I'd aim for 3 servings for lunch and 3 servings for dinner. And the meat size should be aproxx palm size. Just a thought.. from my personal experience of losing fat extremely fast, and the nutritionists I've been to, the key is to speed up your metabolism by eating small snacks consistently (every two hours) and minimizing the calorie intake compared to what you burn. I personally never even measured the amount of calories I took in, I just made sure my protein intake was the highest, then fat, then carbs. I could be ridiculed or whatever but this has worked for me like I've mentioned so good luck to you!

I'd also like to add in, that this is a cheap diet too, but if you are on an extremely tight budget maybe you can find alternatives to what I've suggested, such as finding cheaper vegetables or instead of buying roasted chickens you could buy mince chicken and make up patties and fry them with olive oil, or buy chicken fillets and cut them up and saute them as a stir fry.. etc..
    Last edited by beasting; 11-10-2012 at 05:16 AM.

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Hi- You are off to a good start. One thing that jumps out to me is the 4 slices of toast.
    Do you have a specific BF goal? This will help too.

Keep reading around here and remember this: Consistency is key.
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    steve welcome man!

read sticky: dieting 101: cutting

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...g#.UJ688sXeemg

good starting maintenance formula: (LBM x 15)

for u:
    168 x .85(%LBM) = 142.8(lbs LBM)

142.8 x 15 = 2142cals (rough maintenance)

2142 -350 = 1792cals (decent starting caloric deficit)

i like low carb approach to cutting. 60/20/20 split pro/carb/fat is one good way to go IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by SlimmerMe View Post
    Hi- You are off to a good start. One thing that jumps out to me is the 4 slices of toast.
    Do you have a specific BF goal? This will help too.

Keep reading around here and remember this: Consistency is key.
    I just want to get down to 10 - 12%. I want to compete but i figure let me drop the excess fat i've gained so i can see the bodyparts im improving.

Also not sure if this would help but i can also post pictures of my current condition.
    Last edited by StevoBro; 11-10-2012 at 03:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    steve welcome man!

read sticky: dieting 101: cutting

good starting maintenance formula: (LBM x 15)

for u:
    168 x .85(%LBM) = 142.8(lbs LBM)

142.8 x 15 = 2142cals (rough maintenance)

2142 -350 = 1792cals (decent starting caloric deficit)

i like low carb approach to cutting. 60/20/20 split pro/carb/fat is one good way to go IMO.
    Does the 142.8 thats how much i'll weigh when i get lean? If that's the case i'm going back to bulking

Quote Originally Posted by beasting View Post
    In 3 months I managed to cut down a lot.. lost a bit of muscle but plenty of fat, lost approx 44 pounds in 3 months. Only did HIIT cardio once a week, weight train 5 times a week. Increased intensity between sets, only 40 seconds of resting compared to my 1-2 minutes (although resting a minute can increase testosterone levels I believe?) Anyway, I pretty much ate EVERY two hours, on the dot, had 3 big meals, morning I had oats and eggs scrambled, lunch chicken and veggies, dinner chicken and veggies. In between those big meals I ate every two hours, 1/4 of a high protein low carb protein bar, 1-2 table spoon of natural peanut butter with some celery, nuts/seeds, cottage cheese with celery, yoghurt. These type of snacks.. If you keep this strict diet regime and train consistently you will melt off those pounds.

Perhaps if I were you, I'd include more low GI carbs, you need better sources of vegetables such as spinach, broccoli, carrots etc.. As well as better meats, steak, chicken and perhaps fish fillets. For vegetables, I'd aim for 3 servings for lunch and 3 servings for dinner. And the meat size should be aproxx palm size. Just a thought.. from my personal experience of losing fat extremely fast, and the nutritionists I've been to, the key is to speed up your metabolism by eating small snacks consistently (every two hours) and minimizing the calorie intake compared to what you burn. I personally never even measured the amount of calories I took in, I just made sure my protein intake was the highest, then fat, then carbs. I could be ridiculed or whatever but this has worked for me like I've mentioned so good luck to you!

I'd also like to add in, that this is a cheap diet too, but if you are on an extremely tight budget maybe you can find alternatives to what I've suggested, such as finding cheaper vegetables or instead of buying roasted chickens you could buy mince chicken and make up patties and fry them with olive oil, or buy chicken fillets and cut them up and saute them as a stir fry.. etc..
    I'm definitely going to look into cheap sources of veggies. If i buy canned veggies can i just eat them out the can with my meal?

Quote Originally Posted by StevoBro View Post
    Does the 142.8 thats how much i'll weigh when i get lean? If that's the case i'm going back to bulking
    no 142.8 is how many pounds of lean body mass u currently have. lean body mass = LBM = total weight - fat weight

its also the only weight u want to use to factor out ur caloric needs EVER IMO>>

Ok because 142lbs is like death lol

When i did my maintenance it came out to 2700 calories - 500 = 2200 calories. 1730 seems crazy low no ?

Tron3219 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by StevoBro

I'm definitely going to look into cheap sources of veggies. If i buy canned veggies can i just eat them out the can with my meal?
    Careful with canned veggies, they can contain added sugar, fat and sodium

Quote Originally Posted by StevoBro View Post
    Ok because 142lbs is like death lol

When i did my maintenance it came out to 2700 calories - 500 = 2200 calories. 1730 seems crazy low no ?
    yeh and u probably used the "tdee" formula in the sticky or one off the internet right? i wish theyd get rid of that formula.

let me put it to u like this: i weigh 200lbs and have @12%bf (176lbs LBM - 34more than u) and i cut at 2200cals. do u think we would both have the same caloric requirements?

Thread Information