a_bower is offline Junior Member

Going cold turkey on carbs - was it a bad idea???

Howdy,

For the first time in 5 years i have gone cold turkey on carbs about 6 weeks ago. The only Carb I eat is oats first thing then some broccoli at around 11am. Also i stoped taking a heavy dose of a creatine blend sup at the same time.
    I Lost 5kg in the first 3 weeks but i havent lost the subq fat and water retention and It seems to be covering the majority of my body.
    For the last 4 weeks i have been going fairly hard on the cardio but Im still left with very thick skin full of water and fat.

Could the sudden drop in carbohydrate consumption, have caused my body to go into survival mode and hang onto unwated sub q fat/glucose stores?

jpowell is offline Banned
    Bad idea. Something is broke. Time to fix.

It's a bad way a thinking wen you get into the mind frame thinking if I eliminate carbs I'll drop he'll a weight. Yes it may work for a cpl days or weeks but you come this point where you crash.

I suggest you work out your macro numbers and keep proteins at 15-20% wich should put u sumwhere btwen 120-175 grams per day. Not low and not high. That way you can still lose weight while having carbs broski !

Sent from my iPhone using Forum

a_bower is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jpowell View Post
    Bad idea. Something is broke. Time to fix.

It's a bad way a thinking wen you get into the mind frame thinking if I eliminate carbs I'll drop he'll a weight. Yes it may work for a cpl days or weeks but you come this point where you crash.

I suggest you work out your macro numbers and keep proteins at 15-20% wich should put u sumwhere btwen 120-175 grams per day. Not low and not high. That way you can still lose weight while having carbs broski !

Thanks for reply jpo. True.. My concern wasnt so much with weight loss but to lose BF%. Wanted to drop from 18 % - 13%. (still at 15%). I think ill take the approch of - Clean Carbs with every meal (in proportion of course and within macronutrients) incoperated with more cardio. Take 2.

jpowell is offline Banned
    Sounds solids. Complex carbs 3x a day..
    Breakfast prework post workout.

Thread Information