Sisonpyh is offline New Member

Gaining weight on campus

Current stats:
    Height: 5'11"
    Weight: 173 (approximate)
    Bodyfat- 13-14%

Currently have a 19 meal (highest they have) a week plan and its terrible! I have lost 6 pounds in 8 weeks of being at my new school. Worst thing is I also feel way more soft because of the crap food from quick service restaurants. They have a few all you can eat restaurants which I just take chicken/ hamburger patties/milk/ sesame seeds/ cheese/ tuna but its inconvenient because I know I will be there for around 45 minutes, and with classes/ studying/ hours of operation its hard to line up.

Thinking of going to costco to buy massive amounts of peanut butter, nuts, flax seed, olive oil, etc. Searched and found a couple threads about college students but not what I am looking for. I live on campus, no microwave, no kitchen, have a tiny ass fridge that my roommate brought, but it pretty much holds drinks so cant get anything that needs refrigeration.

Any one have any suggestions? Or should I just get the dry foods and go off that?

toilet is offline Banned
    Guess youre gonna have to live off tuna OP

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    canned tuna, brn rice, oats, protein powder. i suggest maybe purchase a microwave and hot plate?? get another fridge and keep ur meat in it and drinks in the other one.. depends how much u want it man. prob get a fridge and microwave and hot plate for around 200-250bucks (assuming u live in the US). buy 1 large non stick frying pan u can cook chikn breast and ground beef in there. any meat..

eat the veggies at the cafeteria and cook ur meat and carbs in ur room

cue_artist is offline Associate Member
    I am a student too and i take the time to wake up two hours before my morning classes and prepare my food for the whole day . Dont eat at the dining hall bro. Most of the food is processed

Thanks for the input guys! I wish I could drop the meal plan but the school makes you buy one (11 meals a week minimal) when you get housing on campus. Dont think Ill be able to get another fridge, its a pretty tiny room and we aren't supposed to have our own in the first place, Ill probably rearrange everything and try taking over the bottom part. Hot plate is a good idea 405! Knew there was something simple I wasnt thinking of. I live in the US, go to a university in CA. And yea Cue_artist, I just really need anything besides the food they serve, its so degrading working out and eating the equivalent of panda express after, makes you feel like not even eating....

Might try a high fat, high protein, medium carb diet, I feel with this situation it will be easier eating fats than carbs and I have never tried it so maybe my body will respond better.

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Sisonpyh View Post
    Thanks for the input guys! I wish I could drop the meal plan but the school makes you buy one (11 meals a week minimal) when you get housing on campus. Dont think Ill be able to get another fridge, its a pretty tiny room and we aren't supposed to have our own in the first place, Ill probably rearrange everything and try taking over the bottom part. Hot plate is a good idea 405! Knew there was something simple I wasnt thinking of. I live in the US, go to a university in CA. And yea Cue_artist, I just really need anything besides the food they serve, its so degrading working out and eating the equivalent of panda express after, makes you feel like not even eating....

Might try a high fat, high protein, medium carb diet, I feel with this situation it will be easier eating fats than carbs and I have never tried it so maybe my body will respond better.
    u cant stack em??

Charlie6 is offline Senior Member
    They should have a kitchen are in the dorm where you can make real food. Check out the progresso website and use the Progresso Recipe Starters

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    u cant stack em??
    I suppose I could, I think I can hussle them for the bottom part, its not to big but enough to hold chicken in some tupperware, that's probably my best bet. If I could pick one food to store in there it would definitely be protein. But cottage cheese, milk, 2 pounds of raw chicken, cooked chicken etc would not all fit in there by any means. I guess what you originally said is right, it depends on how much I want this. Ill see if I can get it to work with dry foods with some sort of meat.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie6 View Post
    They should have a kitchen are in the dorm where you can make real food. Check out the progresso website and use the Progresso Recipe Starters
    Ill check out the progresso recipes! They dont have any kitchens I know of accept for some of the grad school houses (I go to UCLA if anyone knows). I am pretty good friends with someone that lives off campus that has an apartment, I can try to cook there every once in awhile. But again different class times, studying etc can conflict but its something.

Thanks for the ideas everyone!

Thread Information