fusion777 is offline Junior Member

Critique my diet?

Im going to keep it simple and post what i ate yesterday mainly because i dont remember what i had last week but i eat very similarly to this.

Morning
    4 eggs toast two glasses of milk. And a 50 gram protein shake

Lunch
    4 cans of tuna (about 22 grams protein total) divided into two sandwiches with white bread (i know should be whole wheat)

Dinner
    two chicken breasts with alot of potatoes carrots white & rice with a glass of water.

i have no idea how many calories are in this .

stats

6'3
    190's (gotta get a new scale dont know exact weight)
    been lifting commited for a few months now with almost twenty pounds gained with a bf% of about 9-13%

Im looking for suggestions on gaining max weight withoigjt having to stuff my face and eating Untill it hurts Wich is what Ive been told i know thats bad advice and tottally unnecessary.

EDIT: Ive been taking krealkalyn and i know you guys are gonna trip and say 20 pounds is unrealistic its more like 14-15.
    Last edited by fusion777; 11-20-2012 at 04:01 PM.

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Welcome! yes you are correct. The white bread? gotta find a more nutritious choice to fine tune this to reach your goals. How many slices of bread are you eating on average a day? And what about the potatoes? what kind and how are they made?
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

about 4 slices when i eat something with bread, just bought some whole grain will be using that from now on. and i dont the name of them their your average "brown " potatoes and they are steamed i guess with the chicken in the same "soup " or broth whatever you want to call it.

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    4 slices of bread a day.....hmmm....good to see you are switching from white to whole grain. Have you ever tried the Ezekeil brand bread? this is top quality if you have to have some bread. Try to look at the label for the difference of the whole grain vs the Ezekiel and go from there.
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

awesome , would you say my diet is looking ok ?

tues,nov,20

Breakfast:
    two bowls of oatmeal w/toasted bread no butter and a few scoops of cottage cheese & glass of milk

lunch:
    about a 1 to 1&1/2. pounds of pasta with ground beef in it with garlic bread % glass of cranberry juice

dinner:
    steak with brown rice and steamed veggies (broccoli & carrots) with mashed potatoes & glass of cranberry juice then i ate about 40 almonds 1 hour later

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Diet is weak. If you want to gain, you need to calculate your total daily calories and macros. If you are trying to gain, have you calculated your TDEE yet?

Bread? NO (Ezekiel is a great choice)
    Pasta? NO
    Potatoes? Switch to sweet potatoes
    Rice? Switch to brown
    Milk? NO

What other fish sources other than canned tuna? What about raw fruit and veggies?

Just looking at your meals I'd say you aren't eating enough.

kinda lost here . tdee? yes i eat salmon occasionally , i do eat alot of fruit and veggies . I currently do eat brown rice. When i go shopping what kind of things should i be looking out for ? red meats fishes alot of veggies?
    Last edited by fusion777; 11-21-2012 at 03:38 PM.

38jumper38 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fusion777 View Post
    Im going to keep it simple and post what i ate yesterday mainly because i dont remember what i had last week but i eat very similarly to this.

Morning
    4 eggs toast two glasses of milk. And a 50 gram protein shake

Lunch
    4 cans of tuna (about 22 grams protein total) divided into two sandwiches with white bread (i know should be whole wheat)

Dinner
    two chicken breasts with alot of potatoes carrots white & rice with a glass of water.

i have no idea how many calories are in this .

stats

6'3
    190's (gotta get a new scale dont know exact weight)
    been lifting commited for a few months now with almost twenty pounds gained with a bf% of about 9-13%

Im looking for suggestions on gaining max weight withoigjt having to stuff my face and eating Untill it hurts Wich is what Ive been told i know thats bad advice and tottally unnecessary.

EDIT: Ive been taking krealkalyn and i know you guys are gonna trip and say 20 pounds is unrealistic its more like 14-15.
    you say diet????
    I have read this few times and I can't see one. (just joking)
    Spend some time on diet section, you too far away from really diet....

By the way, after tomorrow is black friday, you my get a scale for a few bucks.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    TDEE - total daily energy expenditure... i.e. your maintenance calorie requirements. Check out the link below to my cutting sticky. I know you're not looking to cut, but you will still find valuable information there as well as links to food sources and how to calculate TDEE.

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...g#.UK1K6-TAeSo

I am in the process of writing an updated bulking sticky, but in the meantime you should definitely check out the existing sticky's on the topic.

Quote Originally Posted by fusion777
    kinda lost here . tdee? yes i eat salmon occasionally , i do eat alot of fruit and veggies . I currently do eat brown rice. When i go shopping what kind of things should i be looking out for ? red meats fishes alot of veggies?
    TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure) is the amount of calories your body burns in a 24 hour period, sleeping, working, exercising, etc.

If you eat more calories than your body requires, you will gain weight. If you eat less calories than our body needs, you will lose weight.

Knowing your TDEE will tell you approximately how many calories to consume to burn body fat or gain muscle.

Quote Originally Posted by 38jumper38 View Post
    you say diet????
    I have read this few times and I can't see one. (just joking)
    Spend some time on diet section, you too far away from really diet....
    lol yeah i was planning on picking one up Friday , well Im trying to gain weight and a friend suggested taking a "weight gainer" supplement what do you guys think should i throw one of these in there ? and if so Wich one would you guys recomend to me ?

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    lol yeah i was planning on picking one up Friday , well Im trying to gain weight and a friend suggested taking a "weight gainer" supplement what do you guys think should i throw one of these in there ? and if so Wich one would you guys recomend to me ?
    None. Generally, these are garbage and a waste of money. Learn how to eat food to make gains bro, it's the only way.

Quote Originally Posted by fusion777

Weight gainers are FAT gainers. Stick to nutrition improvements.

Every one has an different opinion on which weight gainer to buy it, personal i will go with real foods, and plus a shake here and there, the secret is to master a diet that fits you and you will see results.

thanks for all the info fellas , Im at work so i really Cant take the time to read some of those links at the moment.But i appreciate All the* the info. will be posting later tonight.

Thread Information