Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Bmwgirl11 is offline Female Member

getting frustrated

Sorry If This Is Posted in the Wrong Area

a few years ago I was avidly in the gym and cycling winny. Awesome results. I ate right and dedicated 6 days a week to the cause.
    after two kids and a really bad work schedule, I have finally gotten back into the flow of things. In august this year i began eating right again and working out 5 days a week. and once again, have jumped back on a cycle of winny. I do not measure my food or count calories. i try not gto be too technical as i have a pretty good idea of what i should and should not eat. 20 minutes of cardio (running) 5 days a week and also resistance training (bowflex). So far I have lost 20 pounds and i have noticeable lean muscle gains. I am growing frustrated because I want to see the old me... six pack, strong legs, etc. it's just not happening fast enough.
    could i do anything to give it a jump? finding it really hard to get the fat gone

5'5"
    146 lbs
    19% bf
    10mg winny/day

any cheat codes out there

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Howdy!

First, post up your daily diet with macros and everything so that we can see what you are eating, then we can go from there.

Winny is not gonna make ya skinny!

The magic pill is consistency and discipline!

I know winny isn't for that. Supporting my lean muscle growth and strength increases. As I stated earlier font really measure food etc. but a day usually goes as follows

Meal 1: multi grain toast dry or w/pnut butter or leanbody shake with oats, banana, pnut butter

Snack : apple w pnut butter

Lunch : roughly 1 1/2 cup of veggies and shake

Snack : fresh pecans and string cheese

Dinner : green salad w/ chicken breast or baked chicken and veggies

Coffee in the am and otherwise water and green tea

Cheat day once a week but only one meal is allowed to cheat on

Before starting regime, after first month, and up to date

getting frustrated-image-413709386.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails getting frustrated-image-1857664304.jpg   getting frustrated-image-2478831465.jpg  
    Last edited by Bmwgirl11; 11-20-2012 at 07:39 PM.

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Welcome to the forum Bmwgirl! What kind of bread is the toast? and what type of pnut butter?

Good luck to you! Glad you are here.
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

Natures own multi grain and smart balance peanut butter

^^ thanks. IMO if you really want to see the "jump" you are talking about, then personally I would cut out the pnut butter and the string cheese and try to get some Ezekiel bread.

Also could you do some fasted cardio? that will knock off the BF real real fast. That is my code!
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

Thanks for the info/advice. I will definitely give that a try. I was going to replace the string cheese with a pickle since way less cal fat carbs etc. thanks again SlimmerMe

^^ you are so welcome! Keep fine tuning. Slow wins the race.
    Author Unknown

Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"
    Your not eating enough from the looks of it.

Fruit=sugar
    PB=fat
    Bread=bad

You will benifit greatly from determining your TDEE and making sure your getting a high protein, complex carb and good fat diet made up of whole food!

Lunk1, I have to admit, my eyes start glazing over when I start trying to get into all that. I know my diet is lacking greatly. I work 12 hrs and I try to prepare as much as I can. Ignorance isn't an excuse. I just get lost getting into the complexities of it all

Quote Originally Posted by Bmwgirl11 View Post
    Lunk1, I have to admit, my eyes start glazing over when I start trying to get into all that. I know my diet is lacking greatly. I work 12 hrs and I try to prepare as much as I can. Ignorance isn't an excuse. I just get lost getting into the complexities of it all
    I'm right there with ya BMWgirl...I say take everything in small steps and when you have one small step down well then add another. Start by reading the sticky at the top of this page that explains how to figure your TDEE. This is crucial in determining the macros needed to cut. There are a handfull of super smart guys and gals in this forum that will help you greatly...I just am not really one of them unfortunatly.

Lol well any help no matter how small is still one more leading direction to where I'm trying to go. Thanks a ton

Lol well any help no matter how small is still one more leading direction to where I'm trying to go. Thanks a ton
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...gy-Expenditure

Give this a read and determine your TDEE..this is the start of the marathon!

You're awesome thanks guys (ladies too) fresh start today

Give this a read and determine your TDEE..this is the start of the marathon![/QUOTE]

Lunk1, I've gotten as far as coming up with my tdee and then naturally lowering it 500 for cutting then glazed over again. lol I'm gonna give it another try later.

I understand this one! Baby steps. Do what works and keep going from there. You can do it.
    Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Bmwgirl11;626***5
    Give this a read and determine your TDEE..this is the start of the marathon!
    Lunk1, I've gotten as far as coming up with my tdee and then naturally lowering it 500 for cutting then glazed over again. lol I'm gonna give it another try later.[/QUOTE]

Good start...what did you come up with for a TDEE??

LiL P is offline Associate Member
    Hey just wanted too say good job so far nice progress, I agree with lunk i dont think you are eating enough hes putting you on the right track now good luck !

My tdee is 2717. Naturally I'd drop it to 2200. But this is where i start getting a little lost. I figured maybe the 40-40-20? But I'm lost on how to optimize fat burn/ lean muscle gain

LiL P is offline Associate Member
    Im not 100% sure cuz i know girls are diff to men i think 19% BF is low enough for a woman to start on a low carb diet in this case i would use 60/20/20 macros

So find 60% of 2200 tht ur protein
    20% of 2200 and that's your fats and same figure for your carbs

Get most your carbs from green veg and only eat carbs in your meals in morning before and after your workout

LiL P

Quote Originally Posted by LiL P
    Hey just wanted too say good job so far nice progress, I agree with lunk i dont think you are eating enough hes putting you on the right track now good luck !
    Thank you. Lol I need it

Quote Originally Posted by LiL P
    Im not 100% sure cuz i know girls are diff to men i think 19% BF is low enough for a woman to start on a low carb diet in this case i would use 60/20/20 macros

So find 60% of 2200 tht ur protein
    20% of 2200 and that's your fats and same figure for your carbs

Get most your carbs from green veg and only eat carbs in your meals in morning before and after your workout

LiL P
    Thank you thank you thank you

Ragincagin, SlimmerMe, Lil p, and lunk..... Thank you all for the advice, input/info, direction and takin the one for sharing it with me. I really appreciate it. It's nice to finally have a different opinion than my own lol thanks guys. Keep pushing

Ragincagin, SlimmerMe, Lil p, and lunk..... Thank you all for the advice, input/info, direction and takin the one for sharing it with me. I really appreciate it. It's nice to finally have a different opinion than my own lol thanks guys. Keep pushing
    Again I'm no expert and I'm guessing those guys are busy making healthy Thanksgiving food lol but I agree a 60/20/20 would be a good goal.

Make your carbs nothing but complex and veggie. Brn rice, Oats, sweet potatoes and veggies will cover it.

Protein Chix, turkey, fish, small amounts of lean red meat,

Fats from non animal sources like flax seed and fish oil.

Get a scale, weigh your food before cooking, keep a written log of Cals, Protein, carbs and fat.

Fasted cardio for 45 min. a day 4 days a week!

Watch the weight drop!

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    :welcome: BMW girl!! you have a great base!!!! To cut, I recommend a few changes to diet. Pnut butter, cheese are ideal for bulking so you will want to eliminate these. Your protein sources should be lean meat and I think you could benfit from eating protein instead of relying on a shake, esp if doing 2 per day. Eat lean protein with every meal and snack. Low fat cottage cheese, no sugar greek yoguart, fish,egg whites are good quality protein sources.

I caution you on the TDEE calculation cuz the total seems a bit high for us gals IMHO. I would shoot for 1800 daily. Try a 50/30/20 and if that doesn't do it, move to 60/20/20. And do take a good multi vitamin Love to see you hit your 6 pack ab goal

I know winny isn't for that. Supporting my lean muscle growth and strength increases. As I stated earlier font really measure food etc. but a day usually goes as follows

Meal 1: multi grain toast dry or w/pnut butter or leanbody shake with oats, banana, pnut butter

Snack : apple w pnut butter

Lunch : roughly 1 1/2 cup of veggies and shake

Snack : fresh pecans and string cheese

Dinner : green salad w/ chicken breast or baked chicken and veggies

Coffee in the am and otherwise water and green tea

Cheat day once a week but only one meal is allowed to cheat on

I agree with GGR (always do), I bet your TDEE is closer to 2200-2400.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Hi, can I ask your reasoning behing 10mg winny a day? And how long you have been on it?

You definitely have improvements, well done so far! Now to take you to the next level. Do you have gym/resistance training facilities?

I.m not great at guessing ladies bf% but I'm gonna take an educated guess that your TDEE is closer to 2000 and that you should be looking at approx 1500-1600 cals per day as your cutting target. As slimmer says 50/30/20 pro/carbs/fat is a great start. That equals approx 190g protein, 115g carbs and 35g fat.

I'd split your carbs predominantly into pre and post workout and split your protein and fats into however many meals you intend to have. If you can post your diet along these lines we'll be better informed to continue everybodies education!

Quote Originally Posted by SteM
    Hi, can I ask your reasoning behing 10mg winny a day? And how long you have been on it?

You definitely have improvements, well done so far! Now to take you to the next level. Do you have gym/resistance training facilities?

I.m not great at guessing ladies bf% but I'm gonna take an educated guess that your TDEE is closer to 2000 and that you should be looking at approx 1500-1600 cals per day as your cutting target. As slimmer says 50/30/20 pro/carbs/fat is a great start. That equals approx 190g protein, 115g carbs and 35g fat.

I'd split your carbs predominantly into pre and post workout and split your protein and fats into however many meals you intend to have. If you can post your diet along these lines we'll be better informed to continue everybodies education!
    I jumped back on winny because of previous results from starting at this point. Ive only been on it 1 1/2 weeks. I have my treadmill and my bowflex at home which I use everyday five to six days a week. Cardio everyday and naturally different muscle groups daily and a day of rest. My second response/post in this thread I gave a rough example of what my daily meals are. I have since changed my last meal and shake to a post workout meal and shake. I only have the option of working out at night therefore my last meal being also my post workout one. As with free weights which I am more accustomed to, I go a bit heavy with the bowflex. Benching now 100, curling 60 three reps of 20, etc. I love the gains I have had already, the rest of the bossy fat is as stubborn as me lol

And have you any idea what macro's calories are listed in that diet?

Honestly, scrap it and start again based on the info in this thread along the figures I quoted. No harm in eating carbs at your last meal if its after your workout If you prefer to put them in 3 meals then that's ok.

Drop the winny and then, when your diet is dialled in, we can discuss other, BETTER, options as a fat burner.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

GirlyGymRat, Lunk, and SteM...... Thanks a lot for your insight. Since this I have gotten into the "so you want to learn how to diet" videos and have tweaked my diet and now I'm up and moving faster than ever towards my goal.
    Thanks a ton

And have you any idea what macro's calories are listed in that diet?

Honestly, scrap it and start again based on the info in this thread along the figures I quoted. No harm in eating carbs at your last meal if its after your workout If you prefer to put them in 3 meals then that's ok.

Drop the winny and then, when your diet is dialled in, we can discuss other, BETTER, options as a fat burner.
    And SteM, I'm holding you to it lol. Would love to know better options of course. Safer is always better

Quote Originally Posted by Bmwgirl11
    GirlyGymRat, Lunk, and SteM...... Thanks a lot for your insight. Since this I have gotten into the "so you want to learn how to diet" videos and have tweaked my diet and now I'm up and moving faster than ever towards my goal.
    Thanks a ton
    Do you have up to date stats and pic for us?
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Ill take some pics tonight. Lol scared of my reflection haha

Ill take some pics tonight. Lol scared of my reflection haha
    In a good way I hope!?
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

In a good way I hope!?
    Lol no just kidding. I actually don't actually inspect myself in the mirror. Lol trying not to focus on that too much. Lol

Have you made progress from your first post?

Not sure if Stem is in agreement but I love the addition of an ECA stack with a cut like this

sorry stem...Q&A was boring me lol

Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1
    Have you made progress from your first post?

Not sure if Stem is in agreement but I love the addition of an ECA stack with a cut like this

sorry stem...Q&A was boring me lol
    Lol I loooooved eca stacking when I was hard in a gym years ago. But since all the methheads have taken over, didn't know what to replace the ephedra with but I did love it. Lord, I use to do an hour cardio daily. Lol love it

Lol I loooooved eca stacking when I was hard in a gym years ago. But since all the methheads have taken over, didn't know what to replace the ephedra with but I did love it. Lord, I use to do an hour cardio daily. Lol love it
    And yes I've made some progress. The weight isn't dropping a lot but I'm building muscle so I'm not too worried about what the scale said. I was actually wrong before when I posted my body fat %. I was actually about 29%, now currently at 24%. That's what's bothering me. Getting that down.

You saying you have dropped 5% in 3 months. Very respectible!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information