Mostly-fat is offline Junior Member

Back to the grindstone monday

Hey everyone hope these questions are in the right thread.. I started another thread in anabolic steroids titled "Fatty needs help cycling" if you'd like a little more info..

Anyways Monday I'm going back on a diet just weighed myself 274 and 6'2"..

Last year I was 280 and went on a crash diet and lost about 50 pounds in a few month by eating barely anything and doing P90X..

This time around I'd like to do this again lose my weight relatively quickly but when I'm done I wanna cycling in some gear to get ripped I'd like to get a body kinda like Ronnie from Jersey Shore ( I know I'm gonna get flamed fr that but that was the best example I could think of lol)..

What I'd like some help with is a routine, diet and gameplan on how to properly achieve this I don't plan to introduce any gear until I get down to 210-220.. I'm really lost on a plan..

Here's what I did last time..
    Gold standard 100% and fat free milk shake for breakfast also a animal pack vitamin pack..
    Usually some fruit or small salad for lunch
    Dinner would be kinda small portion or veggies, meat and a small salad.. Always under 2000 cals day..

Workout was P90X daily with additional cardio(45-1hr) I actually like the P90x so I wanna keep that in the routine..

Please help me out guys and gals.. Any info or questions please help me any recommendation for things I should buy I would like to hear money is not a problem I just need to get it right I had the weight down before just didn't have a game plan afterward basically I should be ripped right now but I blew it..

MickeyKnox is offline Banned
    Post your proposed diet, or at least the one you think will benefit you. Please include the macros for each meal and totals at the end.

Then, determine your TDEE (LBM x 15) and you'll receive a better response. The more info the better for you and everyone else.

Good luck

Your speaking Spanish to me..

What I posted is what I did last time on a diet. Nothing fancy..

After a little research my LBM is 178.11 so TDEE is 2,671?

digsy1983 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mostly-fat View Post
    Hey everyone hope these questions are in the right thread.. I started another thread in anabolic steroids titled "Fatty needs help cycling" if you'd like a little more info..

Last year I was 280 and went on a crash diet and lost about 50 pounds in a few month by eating barely anything and doing P90X..

This time around I'd like to do this again lose my weight relatively quickly but when I'm done I wanna cycling in some gear to get ripped I'd like to get a body kinda like Ronnie from Jersey Shore ( I know I'm gonna get flamed fr that but that was the best example I could think of lol)..

What I'd like some help with is a routine, diet and gameplan on how to properly achieve this I don't plan to introduce any gear until I get down to 210-220.. I'm really lost on a plan..

Gold standard 100% and fat free milk shake for breakfast also a animal pack vitamin pack..
    Dinner would be kinda small portion or veggies, meat and a small salad.. Always under 2000 cals day..

Workout was P90X daily with additional cardio(45-1hr) I actually like the P90x so I wanna keep that in the routine..

Please help me out guys and gals.. Any info or questions please help me any recommendation for things I should buy I would like to hear money is not a problem I just need to get it right I had the weight down before just didn't have a game plan afterward basically I should be ripped right now but I blew it..
    bold - this is a yo-yo diet! you need a propper diet plan to follow firstly to lose the weight and secondly to keep the weight off!
    underlined - any AAS cycle you do will be a waste of time, money and stress on your body because you will not keep the gains!

not trying to sound partonising, BUT you really need to learn about nutrition and dieting. i actually thought i knew a good deal about dieting until i found this forum and soon realised i knew absolutely nothing!!
    please spend time learing about this stuff beause any gains you have be it weightloss or muslce gains you will keep them with a good undestanding of nutrition. you will not regret putting in a little time and effort.

have you read the stickies including;
    deiting 101; cutting
    unofficial how to cut

please read if you havent already!!!

post up anything your unsure of.

ma_fighter is offline Associate Member
    Hey m8, good going deciding to get healthier.

Firstly, going on a blast, like you did last time, rarely EVER works. Mainly because your mindset is "Ok, Im gonna loose as much weight as I can as fast as I can, Im going on a diet! Woohoo" And as soon as you're done, you go back to your old etinghabits.
    When it should be "Ok, what in my life is it that makes me a fat bastard, and what can I do to change it so it NEVER happens again"

Firstly you need to learn about nutrition, I mean properly learn. I'm not the one to teach you, I willingly admit that. Because Im in the process of learning myself. But I CAN tell you that you need new habits.
    You need to make permanent changes in the way you eat and live. We are creatures of habit, and once we get used to doing something a certain way, it takes MONTHS of doing it another way, consistently, to change that.
    P90x isn't gonna make you muscular, heavy weights and proper nutrition will do that. However, P90x can help you shred fat, coupled with proper nutrition, if that's what will keep you motivated.
    Eventually though, you will need to hit the heavy iron.

Get food scales, so you can weigh everything you eat. This is essential! because you need to keep track of how many calories you eat. You also need to know how much protein, carbs, and fat you're consuming.
    Start logging what you eat, and how and what you do to work out, also weigh yourself every day, first thing in the morning, and keep a log. This weight will fluctuate +/- up to a pound on a daily basis, but this is why you weigh yourself every day, to see the overall trend of your weight.

Eating 500kcals less then your TDEE every day, will net you about 1 lb of weightloss a week, and eating 1000 kcal less then your TDEE will net you about 2 lbs of weightloss a week. I wouldnt reccomend going much faster then that, because even though the total weightloss will be higher, so will the percentage of muscle instead of fat thats lost.

1 gram of protein = 4 kcal
    1 gram of carbs = 4 kcal
    1 gram of fat = 9 kcal, more then twice as much as prot or carbs!

A good place to start is to get 40% of the daily kcals from protein, 40% from carbs, and 20% or LESS from fat.

If you're aiming for lets say 2000kcal a day, the equation would look as follows:
    Take the total number of calories youre gonna consume a day, and multiply it by the percentage you want to find out, lets say protein in this case.

2000*0,40= 800kcal from protein.
    Each gram of protein contains 4 kcal, so to find out how many grams of P 800kcal is you divide 800 by 4.
    800/4= 200g So you need 200grams of protein.

Carbs were the same in the split I suggested, so:
    2000*0,40=800kcal from carbs as well.
    800/4= 200g carbs.

Now, concerning fat, you only wanted 20% of the ENERGY to come from fat, so
    2000*0,20=400kcal but fat contains 9kcal per gram so you divide 400 by 9.
    400/9=44,4g of fat.

So: 200g protein, 200g carbs, and 44,4g of fat consumed each day puts you at 2000kcals, and a deficit of 671. This will net you slightly more then 1lb a week weightloss.

Good luck bro

Heh, you beat me to it digsy =) Stupid slow typing fingers!

well its nice to know great minds think alike!! lol

Honestly that sounds really complicated and intimidating.. And honestly I don't know if I have time to measure each thing I eat.. I'm not saying that's a bad plan but seems overly complicated..

And as far as the P90X I'd like to go through at least a round or 2 before I start hitting heavy iron..

mate if its worth doing its worth doing right. and ITS WORTH DOING!!!

admittidely its alot to take in at the start, but theres plenty of guys and gals on here willing to spend time and help if your willing to do the leg work!

measuring food takes literally 5 seconds longer!

a simle diet plan is easy to follow and will work for you! please read the stickies and see how simple it is. (no one expects you to take all the information in now, little by little you pick things up!!) honestly its the best thing you could ever do if you want that guys body from t.v! without a propper diet you will never attain your goals, and if by some miracle you do you wont have it for long!!!

I just read the Dieting 101 cutting very good read and put alot of this together.. I have alot to learn to do this correctly..

Honestly that sounds really complicated and intimidating.. And honestly I don't know if I have time to measure each thing I eat.. I'm not saying that's a bad plan but seems overly complicated..
    Nah, its really not *that* complicated m8, don't despair!
    But to get in shape, and STAY in shape, you need to get on top of your nutrition.

You can start by trying to get 1gram of protein per lb of lean bodymass a day, and to stay around 2000kcal a day. That's not that hard really, and it'll get you going.
    And every time you cook something, just bring out the scales, check the nutrients on the package of everything that goes in whatever it is that you're cooking, write it down, add it all up and you'll know instantly if you need to change, or tweak something in that particular recipe.
    If you're happy with the results, just write down the macros (the ammount of protein, carbs, and fat) and total kcals of that entire food, and you'll alredy know the next time you cook it. It'll take 10minutes every NEW meal you make, and it'll probably add YEARS to your life.

Here's two things I eat for breakfast, or lunch.

5 boiled eggs, no yolk, 50g oatmeal, 2dl low fat milk

P 33,5g C 39g F 4,5g
    40,6/47,3/12,1% split
    Total kcal: 330kcal

Next up, super simple to make, takes 30 seconds.

500g Cottage cheese, 200g nat yoghurt, 50g raspberries or there about, and some stevia for sweetening

P 63g C 26g F 9,75g
    56.9/23.5/19.8% split
    Total kcal: 444kcal

Eat one of each a day, and you're already consuming almost 100g of protein, and still have 1200kcals to spend eating other things.
    Make baby steps, stay away from white bread, and pasta for starters. Dont have a soda, have water, dont use 40% fat cream when you cook, get the 5% kind.
    Once you get going, take it step by step.
    You dont climb mount everest in one leap, you do it one step at a time.

Yeah, do the P90X while you get going, once you feel your nutrition is in check, start looking at proper training.

It's quite possible my friend, just don't try to rush it.

/maf

omg! I need a faster keyboard!

Ok ran some #'s I'm basing mine onsay 2500 with a 500 deficit.. I think it'll be fine since I have so much excess and I still get 2000 cals aday..

Here's my breakdown
    Daily needs slightly modefied
    Protien 1000cal/250G
    Carbs 600cal/150G
    Fat 400cal/45g

Basically I have a shake in the morning and a shake after my workout they break down to this
    Protien 244cals/61G
    Carbs 232cals/58G
    Fat 31.5cals/3.5G

Leftover for the rest of the day I have
    Protien 756cals/189G
    Carbs 368cals/92G
    Fat 368cals/41.5G

Look like I'm on the right track..

Yup! getting there
    See, it wasnt so hard
    Now just try to make sure the rest of the cals come from good sources, and you're all set to go!

Just make sure to run the rest of your diet past the guys here, so they can help you avoid the pitfalls.
    My biggest weakness is milk, cause it contains lactose which is a sugar. But I just cant do without it, so I try to work around it :P

Good point I put that in my breakfast shake and didn't add it in. I don't plan on making a plan but I plan to follow my needs daily..
    Basically I'll have a breakfast shake, followed by prolly fruit around 10am, another small snack around 1, workout at 3or4(soon as i get home from work) PWO shake and meal afterwards.. If I have any calories/needs left I'll have a night snack no later than 730-8 and I go to bed around 10-11

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Quote Originally Posted by Mostly-fat

And as far as the P90X I'd like to go through at least a round or 2 before I start hitting heavy iron..
    Not complicated and not intimidating cuz I can do it. Ur story reminds me off my past. Lose 20 then gain it back. Repeat for 4 years. And then I changed my approach by getting serious about what I eat, when I eat and I am a few months shy of proclaiming that I have maintained a 40 loss for 2 years. Noting feels better then fit and thin feels. Nothing!!!!

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Hey MF!

Welcome to changing your life. You have come to the right place. My personal advice? Find foods you like which are pre-approved here so you will stick to it. This is key. And keep in mind slow wins this race.

And if you can do some fasted cardio even if simply a regular paced not high speed first thing in the morning, you will see the BF go away real soon. And then if you can get another cardio in later in the day with a bit higher intensity then you will see it melt off. This has worked for me.

Keep hanging here and learn. Baby steps is my motto.

Good luck to you!
    SM

If you have an evening snack, try to cut the carbs from that "snack"
    It'll keep your insulin down, and help with the fatloss.

I'm a little bit concerned that you wont have a "plan" though, as "doing a shake, eating a fruit, having some random snack, working out, having a shake, and a meal, an then some stuff" might very well work for you to loose some weight right now, but once you've lost that weight, you'll most likely go right back to your old way of eating, because that's what you're used to. And all that effort you put in will be for nothing.

If you have already changed the way you eat, and what you eat, to something you can live with every day for the rest of your life, well, then You'll just continue eating like you have been, only slightly more, once you reach your weightgoal.

Start out by doing what you're planning right now, but then sit down and calculate one meal. Just one. And incorporate that meal into your nutrition once a week.
    Then calculate a Breakfast, and incorporate that into your mealplan.

Baby steps as SlimmerMe says, just do it a tiny step at a time, and before you know it you'll wake up, walk past a mirror and wonder when the heck you got a 6-pack!

/Maf

jpowell is offline Banned

def not gonna happen with them videos that are targeted for cardio bunnies. balls to the walls weights, cardio, diet.

Thread Information